Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film about gangs banned from all UK cinemas after mass gang machete brawl

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,985 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

tdf7187 wrote: »
    https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/blue-story-film-banned-merseyside-17308285

Multiculturalism is great. Such wonderful cultural enrichment.

No different to the behaviour of many English native football fans.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭beejee

I'm about one more marvel/Disney mega corporation comic film away from this myself.

(that joker film was pretty good though)

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,313 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/news/liverpool-news/blue-story-film-banned-merseyside-17308285

I know there's a racist point you're trying to make, but from reading the link you provided I'm afraid it's lost on me.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,592 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

????

What "culture" were they from?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

I don't care how outraged I'm going to be, there's no way I'm clicking a trinity mirror designed website.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

I don't care outraged I'm going to be, there's no way I'm clicking a trinity mirror designed website.

Well that's a fair point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,005 ✭✭✭BDI

pablo128 wrote: »
    Thousands of Irish people went to London around that time because of the famine.

And pretty much built London.

London of 1841 not today’s London.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

????

What "culture" were they from?

”Feature adaptation of Rapman's YouTube series about two young friends who become rivals in a street war”

Note the director doesn’t call himself Indieman.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Must have had a raging outrage horn when typing that thread title OP.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,782 ✭✭✭I see sheep

Wtf are you on about?
    What culture ? British in Britain?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,578 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

A load of gangs start fighting watching a film about gang fights, what has it got to do with multiculturalism?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Fieldog wrote: »
    A load of gangs start fighting watching a film about gang fights, what has it got to do with multiculturalism?

Gang culture.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Hibbidy bop

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,078 ✭✭✭IAMAMORON

It looks crap anyway. I don't like gritty urban dramas. Especially with knife crime as a central theme, no thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Whats a film gang?

• Registered Users Posts: 60,720 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Banned from all cinemas well that will teach them.

mikemac2 wrote: »
    Didn’t even happen in Merseyside and it was banned across all the country not one area

The paper is very parochial

Hence the name "Liverpool echo" it's a local paper that reports on Local news in Merseyside. The movie is banned from VUE venues in Merseyside, How is that so hard to understand?

A distant observation, but it seems quite clear that parallel societies are becoming more and more established.

It's like a re-creation of entire countries within countries. I looked at that trailer and I have absolutely no connection or resonance with it, no commonality, no "group" empathy, nothing.

It's like looking at insular footage from the Congo or something. Yet, for English people, it's a stones throw around a corner, or in this case something you run into at a cinema.

Just alien to me, and I don't see anything positive about the idea of parallel communities going forward.

Bizarre, really!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

movie seems to be about gang violence in general?

bunch of kids got together for an auld fortnite-inspired brawl

didn't yeats have a poem akin to this

• Registered Users Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

When 'The Warriors" was first screened in New York around 1980, there were policemen on hand in some cinemas.

New York had a chronic gang problem and the movie kinda glorified them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,226 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

What culture? Male culture?

spurious wrote: »
    What culture? Male culture?

If you saw a bunch of Japanese lads hacking each other to death with katana's, would you be so thick as to not ascribe a commonality beyond "men"?

There's always racial angles in these things, sometimes crossing over into actual plain racism. Then there's pretending to be thick :p

Observes world war 2 from a couch:" I can't tell them apart from each other. Must be mass male on male violence for no reason whatsoever"

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

All joking aside, knife crime in Britain is out of control. This week the 127th person died as result of a knife attack. There is no denying that there's an epidemic of knife crime in Britain and it's happening within the ethnic minority communities. I watched Eastenders the other night and they are doing the very ''woke'' thing of trying to make Stop and Search seem like a bad thing. Stop and Search stopped and knife and acid attacks have spiralled out of control. To my mind it is better to stop these lads maiming and killing themselves and innocent members of the public instead of worrying about hurting feelings. One has to ask is it time that machetes and large hunting knifes were banned?

blueshade wrote: »
    All joking aside, knife crime in Britain is out of control. This week the 127th person died as result of a knife attack. There is no denying that there's an epidemic of knife crime in Britain and it's happening within the ethnic minority communities. I watched Eastenders the other night and they are doing the very ''woke'' thing of trying to make Stop and Search seem like a bad thing. Stop and Search stopped and knife and acid attacks have spiralled out of control. To my mind it is better to stop these lads maiming and killing themselves and innocent members of the public instead of worrying about hurting feelings. One has to ask is it time that machetes and large hunting knifes were banned?

We'll that's the problem, isn't it? How do you ban cutlery?

Yes, some bladed weapons are much worse, but a 4" sharpened butter knife will still kill.

It's an attitude problem, a cultural problem, an acceptance problem. Solving such ingrained stuff... Good luck :/

beejee wrote: »
    If you saw a bunch of Japanese lads hacking each other to death with katana's, would you be so thick as to not ascribe a commonality beyond "men"?

Knew this girl called kana koyama. Dagger eyes, so much so that I started referring to her as kana kitana! Ohhh if looks could kill.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 428 ✭✭blueshade

Yes, some bladed weapons are much worse, but a 4" sharpened butter knife will still kill.

It's an attitude problem, a cultural problem, an acceptance problem. Solving such ingrained stuff... Good luck :/

Where are they getting the machetes though? Online, if so then there needs to be a limit on the size of knives that can be bought. The video earlier this year of the lad on the bike in England getting off his bike, pulling out a huge zombie knife and chasing a driver to try to knife him was shocking. More shocking was that he got away with it, scot free. Some judge in his infinite wisdom decided that it didn't warrant a custodial sentence. There should be a mandatory 5 year custodial sentence for anyone found carrying and offensive weapon.

In the UK most shops insist on age verification to buy knives (over 18's dont stab people and there is no fake I.D apparently) but worse case scenario you could make a "knife" in minutes with a piece of metal and a sharp stone/kerb stone.

It's an epidemic that needs to be fought head on and much much much tougher sentences introduced.

For clarity, this was one of my best friends

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/uk-england-merseyside-49315033

• Registered Users Posts: 18,483 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

the audience of Frozen 2 are even more hard core

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1198537178185420800

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Registered Users Posts: 24,401 ✭✭✭✭lawred2

What the fuzk is a film gang?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭AllForIt

So this is like Pablo Escobar and his mates turning up to see Goodfellas for a good night out eh.

Advertisement