Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Film about gangs banned from all UK cinemas after mass gang machete brawl

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

Of all the horrible sounding Brit accents (and some of them are lovely) the one the urban black guys have is the most annoying, any show featuring it is an immediate switch off. And I'd rather go deaf than hear Dizee Rascal rap or any grime music.

They need a police force more like the US over there to sort out all these stabbin c*nts

i was only commenting to my wife over the weekend how much i liked certain English accents, especially the true cockney when i lived in south London back in 2001, but now this "mans dead n ting" bullsh1t accent rightly goes against the grain for me, it's in this country now too which is fupping depressing, how ridiculous these kids sound and they all going around looking like they've walked off set of Oz the prison show, idiots

• Registered Users Posts: 2,660 ✭✭✭Nermal

Without black people our music would be fúcking awful would ya give over

aC6iDBz.jpg

We did OK bro, don't hate yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,455 ✭✭✭AllForIt

Guy involved in making the movie said today on the News - 'well maybe I'm biased but it's clearly racism that was the reason for pulling the movie'. lol. Duh why didn't they pull Black Panther last year then. Unless he meant that it's racist to think badly of black people in black crime gangs. Yes folks, it's got to that stage now where you can't show disdain for anyone who is black no matter what they do because you only think badly of them because they're black in the first place. lol. Yeah, totally fine with white gangs here.

And an even funnier thing is the amount of ppl who are defending the movie where they talk about the deeper message which shows the futility of gang crime - as if the teens that turned up with the machetes were looking for the deeper meaning and not looking at it as good ole rollocking gangland movie for the trill of experiencing the lifestyle, to which they aspire. And the director said the move is about 'Love'. lol.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

There is a problem with black culture and violent crime .

Making excuses for it is in no way going to help .

It is only making the problems worse .

• Registered Users Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Britain is finished.

Our lives are all so insignificant on the grand scale of things but we are living to see the death of storied nations. Germany, Britain, Sweden, France, Belgium. All dead in the space of a couple of decades. Nothing lasts forever, I suppose but we were alive to sadly witness it.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,466 ✭✭✭blinding

Britain is finished.

Our lives are all so insignificant on the grand scale of things but we are living to see the death of storied nations. Germany, Britain, Sweden, France, Belgium. All dead in the space of a couple of decades. Nothing lasts forever, I suppose but we were alive to sadly witness it.
    They certainly need to put violent crime from ethnic minorities and others back it its box .

What ever about Mass Immigration , these Countries cannot allow the violent crime that comes with it .

The Irish have often been Violent Criminals in America and Britain . It should not be tolerated , no matter from where it comes .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,935 ✭✭✭eyerer

If I remember correctly the ban has been withdrawn, because you know.. racism.

One chain anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 373 ✭✭careless sherpa

pure.conya wrote: »
    i was only commenting to my wife over the weekend how much i liked certain English accents, especially the true cockney when i lived in south London back in 2001, but now this "mans dead n ting" bullsh1t accent rightly goes against the grain for me, it's in this country now too which is fupping depressing, how ridiculous these kids sound and they all going around looking like they've walked off set of Oz the prison show, idiots

Has anyone got the little hat that adenisi used to have on the side of his head. I could get behind that fashion accessory

• Registered Users Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

I can't believe how blatantly racist Blueshade is.
    She/he's not even pretending not to be.

Own it, say it.
    It would be most refreshing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭joe40

AllForIt wrote: »
    Guy involved in making the movie said today on the News - 'well maybe I'm biased but it's clearly racism that was the reason for pulling the movie'. lol. Duh why didn't they pull Black Panther last year then. Unless he meant that it's racist to think badly of black people in black crime gangs. Yes folks, it's got to that stage now where you can't show disdain for anyone who is black no matter what they do because you only think badly of them because they're black in the first place. lol. Yeah, totally fine with white gangs here.

And an even funnier thing is the amount of ppl who are defending the movie where they talk about the deeper message which shows the futility of gang crime - as if the teens that turned up with the machetes were looking for the deeper meaning and not looking at it as good ole rollocking gangland movie for the trill of experiencing the lifestyle, to which they aspire. And the director said the move is about 'Love'. lol.

How can a movie promote violence, are we still in the 1980s.
    Should trainspotting have been banned because it promoted Heroin?

No one is defending gang violence and it is obviously becoming a problem.

But banning movies.. are we still at that stage?

Mass shooting at a Batman movie in the US, didn't hear of any bans.

• Advertisement

AllForIt wrote: »

Have you seen the movie?

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭pure.conya

Has anyone got the little hat that adenisi used to have on the side of his head. I could get behind that fashion accessory

bahahahaha i had to think about that for a minute, that hat was legendary

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

@RealRapman

“When shooting was finished did you announce that’s a rap?”

Bobblehats wrote: »
    @RealRapman

“When shooting was finished did you announce that’s a rap?”

I suspect he said "Wind Reel And Print".

• Registered Users Posts: 17,593 ✭✭✭✭Mr. CooL ICE

Mod: AH -> CA

• Registered Users Posts: 7,324 ✭✭✭facehugger99

Britain is finished.

It's a good job people alive during WWII had a bit more backbone than the mewing pearl-clutchers we have moaning on social-media today.

Advertisement