Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Re : Outdoor led pir sensor light

Options
  • 24-11-2019 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Hi

Just enquiring about an outdoor sensor light i bought, i removed old sensor light, and went to reinstall the new one, but noticed there is no ground connection in the new one, just the electric strip with red brown and blue wires.

So just wondering, the cable coming from the house has a brown blue and ground wire, so where do i actually connect the ground wire to? It says on the leaflet that must be grounded, but i cant find any ground connection inside the new light or green screw etc

The light itself is a plastic 20w poly bulkhead, so maybe doesnt need grounded seeing its plastic?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

buzzing147 wrote: »
    The light itself is a plastic 20w poly bulkhead, so doesnt need grounded seeing its plastic

You have it right..

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭buzzing147

Peatys wrote: »
    You have it right..

it says on the caution part of leaflet must be grounded! strange. so i just tape up the ground wire coming from house and connect the other 2 wires?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 784 ✭✭✭LaFuton

Shockin

LaFuton wrote: »
    Shockin

So the overall answer is, it doesnt need grounded!? i cant see any yellow green wires anywhere on electric strip unless colour blind!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

buzzing147 wrote: »
    so i just tape up the ground wire coming from house and connect the other 2 wires?

Yes.

• Advertisement

Peatys wrote: »
    Yes.

Thanks

Advertisement