Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TAP Cancellation

Options
  • 24-11-2019 5:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

We were going to Lisbon for a weekend in February. we were travelling with TAP, decent fares, but more importantlu, afternoon flights each way. Just discovered today, that they have cancelled the afternoon flights and have transfered us to the morning flights. Ive never been in this position before, so im unsure of my rights etc. Are we entitled to either compensation or a refund ?
    the outbound flight isnt really an issue , its the return thats a problem. We were originally coming back on a mid afternoon flight, now they have put us on a 07.45 departure . So , any advice would be welcomed

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,702 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

We were going to Lisbon for a weekend in February. we were travelling with TAP, decent fares, but more importantlu, afternoon flights each way. Just discovered today, that they have cancelled the afternoon flights and have transfered us to the morning flights. Ive never been in this position before, so im unsure of my rights etc. Are we entitled to either compensation or a refund ?
    the outbound flight isnt really an issue , its the return thats a problem. We were originally coming back on a mid afternoon flight, now they have put us on a 07.45 departure . So , any advice would be welcomed

Airlines are perfectly within their rights to change flight schedules up to 14 days beforehand.

However, in general you should be entitled to either rebook to another day or time that suits you free of charge, or a refund if the time change is more than two hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

LXFlyer wrote: »
    Airlines are perfectly within their rights to change flight schedules up to 14 days beforehand.

However, in general you should be entitled to either rebook to another day or time that suits you free of charge, or a refund if the time change is more than two hours.

Yeah, they prob sent you an email advising you of the change? Read the small print and you can prob get a refund - not that it is much use if you still want to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭newcavanman

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Yeah, they prob sent you an email advising you of the change? Read the small print and you can prob get a refund - not that it is much use if you still want to go.

Gone back through my emails and find anything. Tbh i cant understand how they didn't email me, i only discovered by chamce today. I just decided to check what the current fares were, otherwise i wouldn't know a thing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭Van.Bosch

Gone back through my emails and find anything. Tbh i cant understand how they didn't email me, i only discovered by chamce today. I just decided to check what the current fares were, otherwise i wouldn't know a thing

Did you book direct with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,702 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

Check your spam folder.

They are obliged to inform you.

The afternoon flight ex-Lisbon only operates on Fridays and Sundays from mid-January. Are you sure that you checked the right dates?

Double check your reservation - you can still do that through "manage my booking"?

• Advertisement

LXFlyer wrote: »
    Check your spam folder.

They are obliged to inform you.

The afternoon flight ex-Lisbon only operates on Fridays and Sundays from mid-January. Are you sure that you checked the right dates?

Double check your reservation - you can still do that through "manage my booking"?
    Checked all folders and no dice. We have been bumped from the afternoon flight on Sun 23rd Feb which has been cancelled. Got two phone calls from their Lisbon office this evening, but when I answered all I got was the sound of silence.. Like I said, my main gripe is that I don't fancy paying for a hotel room on Saturday night, but have to be up and out at 05.30 to make our flight

Van.Bosch wrote: »
    Did you book direct with them?
    Yes booked direct with them last May. Seemed like a great offer, keen fares, and lateafternoon flights each way. When we booked EI and FR were both looking at 07.00hr departures from DUBLIN, which is a pain when you live 80 minutes drive from the airport

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭dzilla

Hi there
    This happened me some time ago with TAP on the same route/time as you. I received the notification of change of flight from TAP via email.Search your mail for -

"TAP AIR PORTUGAL - Schedule Change"

This was in May when they made that change.

That should bring up the mail. I believe they would have refunded us at the time etc etc. We chose to stick with them and come home at 7.45 from Lisbon. Definitely worth it, a really nice airline to fly with, plenty of leg room in economy, automatic check in, free drink and snack on the flight, a really nice experience flying with them.

D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,581 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

You have been given more than adequate notice of the schedule change.

Choices: work with it, or cancel it.

There won’t be any compensation and it’s laughable to suggest there might be with almost 2 months notice.

Advertisement