Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lack of moderation in Bargain Alerts forum

Options
  • 24-11-2019 5:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭

I enjoy reading through a lot of the threads in the Bargain Alerts forum but for some time now there is a distinct lack of moderation. As an example <snip> there is a reported post I reported from 2 days ago regarding chat in a "no chat" thread. That's a simple enough rule to follow and is black and white when it comes to moderation. The example given is just one of many.

The 3 designated mods have all been logged in since those reports were made but didnt see fit to carry out any moderation of the thread. Its an ongoing issue in BA with threads being derailed on a daily basis. However the mods are choosing to either ignore the reports or will simply deal with them whenever they see fit and certainly not as expected.

It saddens me to see so many good threads being wrecked and the first responsibility for this lays with the people who post off topic etc. But as we all know people are going to do this from time to time so its then down to the mods to take whatever steps necessary to ensure the smooth running of the threads. Sadly this is lacking.

Did I contact the mods? I shouldnt have to but yes, I spoke with the Cmod, Davy, some time ago and despite assurances given there is no improvement in the situation.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

I have deleted the link you provided and would note that you did report the post yourself, and hence it is not information you only have from being a moderator. Please consider that information from the moderator's forum should not be discussed in open forums without at least prior approval at Admin of Office level

In terms of you specific point here, have you approached the local mods via PM to discuss your concerns?

• Registered Users Posts: 46,098 ✭✭✭✭muffler

The link posted was for the benefit of Admins. Seeing as this was the wrong thing to do in your opinion then I cant see this going anywhere given that you have also asked a question that I have already answered. I could refer you to another thread but as that's in a private forum also then there's no point in providing same.

Same old, same old. You can mark this as not resolved and close it.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement