Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vixen call

Options
  • 24-11-2019 6:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,993 ✭✭✭

What is the proper way to use a vixen call. It is coming to that time of year again when Fox's will start pairing.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭feartuath

I have never heard of a vixen call but saw two bunches of two foxes last night.
    Unfortunately I had to split one group up.

Anyone here know of a call.

• Registered Users Posts: 678 ✭✭✭wirehairmax

Heard them calling last night, mad for mickey

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭steyrman

Hi I find less calling better I tend to walk and wait for a fox to call I have a Nordic vixen call works well to draw in both male and female

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

The standard fox call from best fox is very good. I drew in four foxes at once with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Hunter456

i use a wicked vixen mouth call brings them in when they are pairing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10 BuckDan

What is the proper way to use a vixen call. It is coming to that time of year again when Fox's will start pairing.

They should have already started to pair buy now , but the fox only has 3 calls really but are used for so so many different things , unless you know it was a vixen or dog mating call it mite be a different meaning intirely , best to just squeek them in rather than try your hand at the mating calls

Advertisement