Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nest WiFi

• 24-11-2019 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Anybody here using Nest wifi Mesh network?, thinking of ordering the router and point from the uk play store....

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Moreilly wrote: »
    Anybody here using Nest wifi Mesh network?, thinking of ordering the router and point from the uk play store....

Worth noting Argos have listed them on their Irish site at fairly competitive prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Moreilly

Worth noting Argos have listed them on their Irish site at fairly competitive prices.

Not bad , that's pretty much the same as the sale price on the Google UK store ;) , thanks for the heads up !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,088 ✭✭✭muckwarrior

Picked mine up this evening and just finished setting it up. When connected to my Vodafone router's WiFi I get 12 mb down and 8 up. Connected to the nest I get 70 down and 17 up :D

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Been using it for the past few months. Connected it up to my old Virgin router (which is now bridged) and got much better performance. I've got two points covering the house and can have up to 17 devices connected smoothly (not all downloading at the same time of course) with all spots in the house covered (it used to drop off at the far end of the house and the WiFi extender I got wasn't much use).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,944 ✭✭✭JDxtra

I've a few of the original model. Rock solid since day one. Can be up to 40 devices connected in my house (don't ask).

One day I'll get around to wiring an ethernet cable as a backbone between them, but as they're so good there has been no rush on this job. Thankfully!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 338 ✭✭RunDMC

I've had the original for just over a year and it had been great. I have the router and two extenders, one wired and one meshed. It's been rock solid since day one, I can get up to 280 Mbps on my phone on a good day. There have been now complaints from the rest of the family, whereas before the WiFi wasn't strong in every room. Currently 29 devices.

The best bit is to be able to schedule and control access to the network for individual device to prevent late-night/early morning Youtube binge sessions.

R

Advertisement