Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place for servicing a car?

Options
  • 24-11-2019 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭

Lads and ladies, im looking to get my car serviced and im too lazy to bring it home to Cork, nothing too fancy just the usual spark plug/oil change and top up the fluids. I don't want to go to the places on the Motor Mile as ive heard some awful stories of being ripped off so can you recommend any decent independent places that service cars in Waterford? I know there are cowboys everywhere but usually word of mouth can be trusted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,590 ✭✭✭Speak Now

I find the lads in AF auto services good, just on the left on way into NCT centre. Only found them when I failed for something unexpected. Called into them by chance and got sorted a few days after at a reasonable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

DeiseNew wrote: »
    Lads and ladies, im looking to get my car serviced and im too lazy to bring it home to Cork, nothing too fancy just the usual spark plug/oil change and top up the fluids. I don't want to go to the places on the Motor Mile as ive heard some awful stories of being ripped off so can you recommend any decent independent places that service cars in Waterford? I know there are cowboys everywhere but usually word of mouth can be trusted.

Anyone who uses PJ O’Shea on Dominic Place (e.g. half my family) seems to be very happy with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭Picky owner

Speak Now wrote:
    I find the lads in AF auto services good, just on the left on way into NCT centre. Only found them when I failed for something unexpected. Called into them by chance and got sorted a few days after at a reasonable price.

I would second that,very good to deal with,no messing around.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,387 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

I generally recommend hegarty and Doherty's, but Joe is up to his eyeballs at the moment, seems to be a shortage of mechanics around the country at the moment

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

Another vote here for AF Autos up beside the NCT centre - since my mate stopped doing mechanical work he recommended I go there and been happy with them so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭barraseaclaid

Alan Farmer (AF) all the way. Most reasonable garage In the city

• Registered Users Posts: 6,645 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

As posted above, AF Autos all the way. I have been going to Alan for the past few years, fantastic service and very reasonable pricewise

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭Squidvicious

Derek Carey on Thomas St. All decent lads there, they will do a good job and prices are always competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭notfromhere

has to be another vote for AF Autos,got a few things done, and have always found them very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

has to be another vote for AF Autos,got a few things done, and have always found them very good.

Was with them this morning!
    Top class operation and perfectly reasonable rates.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭Sprites

Carserve in Waterford Business Park. Professional, friendly and very reasonable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 57 ✭✭DeiseNew

Thanks a million for all the replies people ill go with AF Autos then and its only a few minutes from work so very handy!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,603 ✭✭✭200motels

kuang1 wrote: »
    Was with them this morning!
    Top class operation and perfectly reasonable rates.

When you say reasonable rates have you any examples? Say the price of a full service.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,600 ✭✭✭lassykk

200motels wrote: »
    When you say reasonable rates have you any examples? Say the price of a full service.

Paid €120 for a service (oil filter, air filter & oil) on a 1.6HDi C4 Picasso 2014. Considering the price of the required oil for that particular model that's a good price. I would be very familiar with the price of servicing a car so know this wasn't a rip off. There are plenty of places advertising ridiculously low servicing prices but I guarantee they aren't putting the right oil into cars that require the expensive oil.

Dropped it in at 9am and asked could it be ready for lunch time and was called at 11.30 to say I could pick it up. Considering they are always busy I was happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,387 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

lassykk wrote: »
    Paid €120 for a service (oil filter, air filter & oil) on a 1.6HDi C4 Picasso 2014. Considering the price of the required oil for that particular model that's a good price. I would be very familiar with the price of servicing a car so know this wasn't a rip off. There are plenty of places advertising ridiculously low servicing prices but I guarantee they aren't putting the right oil into cars that require the expensive oil.

Dropped it in at 9am and asked could it be ready for lunch time and was called at 11.30 to say I could pick it up. Considering they are always busy I was happy with that.

pretty good service and price alright, mine normally costs me about 80 or less

• Registered Users Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭kuang1

200motels wrote: »

€130 for a 7 year old 2.0 litre diesel car.

Advertisement