Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I am charged twice for 40 m3 by Electric Ireland

Options
  • 24-11-2019 10:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi,
    This June I changed my gas and electricity supplier from Energia to Electric Ireland and on the moment of switching (I used bonkers.ie to switch online) I took the gas meter reading in person and it was 3680 m3. The final bill issued by Energia is up to 3680 m3, which is what was confirmed by the bonkers.ie (they have this on my application form - 18th June 2019). But when I received my first bill from Electric Ireland, I noticed that they started charging me from 3640 m3, which means that I was charged by Electric Ireland for 40 m3 I already paid to Energia. I have contacted several times Electric Ireland both by web chat and by email, I sent them the copy of the confirmation from bonkers.ie ("[font=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]The reading you provided on your application is [/font][font=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]Gas meter readi[/font][font=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]ng - 3680"), but Electric Ireland wants me to send them the photo of the meter reading on the day of switching... which seems to me like Electric Ireland are scamming people by double charging. Also they take 24 hours + to respond every my email and last time they took 2 days to respond (responded Friday 4:29 pm).[/font]
    [font=-apple-system, BlinkMacSystemFont, "Segoe UI", Roboto, "Helvetica Neue", Arial, sans-serif]Where should I go next? Anyone is in the similar situation and can advise? Thanks![/font]

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 361 Verified rep Electric Ireland: Aoife

Hi borat2012, 

Thank you for getting in touch. 

Both suppliers need to use the same meter reading. Therefore, the meter reading on your final bill with the other supplier should match with the opening reading on Electric Ireland's bill. 

For account security, we need you to please confirm the following details for us via private message:

- Your full name
    - Your account number
    - The first line of your address
    - Your contact number
    - Confirmation you are the account holder (Yes/No)

Also, can you please screenshot the final bill with the meter readings from the other supplier?

We can then look into your query for you.

Kind regards, 
    Aoife

Advertisement