Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

august2020

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭ahaaha

Plum pud I’m hoping to do the same with the scan. Hopefully we’ll be allowed do it.

Millem I’ve trying pming you but your inbox is full!!

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

Plum Pud wrote: »
    Hi ladies, hope ye don't mind me hoping over from the September thread... I've got my anomoly scan the end of April and know my husband won't be able to attend it but I was wondering if anyone has had theirs or due to have theirs soon of your planning on asking the sonographer if you can record any of it? My husband would be delighted with just a short couple of seconds recorded to hear the heartbeat but I'm just not sure if they'll list the no mobile rule for even that

I had a small scan at my last appointment and the consultant let me record the heartbeat for my husband. My anomaly scan is in 2 weeks and I'll ask if I can record some of it, I can't see it being an issue given everything happening at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Girls is anyone feeling movement or kicks yet? I am defo feeling something!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,457 ✭✭✭History Queen

Millem wrote: »

Yes only since last week. My husband felt a kick for first time last night

Yes only since last week. My husband felt a kick for first time last night

I forgot how weird it feels!!! I haven’t had any acupuncture in 3 weeks now. My nausea/vomiting is totally grand now...only getting sick once or twice a day. Was so so sick on both my boys up until delivery.
    Boys obviously don’t agree with me ;)

Had a look this afternoon in the wardrobe with all the baby clothes....can’t wait to sort through them once the anomaly scan is done! I have resisted buying any new baby clothes :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Plum Pud

I had a small scan at my last appointment and the consultant let me record the heartbeat for my husband. My anomaly scan is in 2 weeks and I'll ask if I can record some of it, I can't see it being an issue given everything happening at the moment.

I'd love to hear how you get on at the anomoly scan. I'm attending The Coombe so not sure how lenient they are there.

I forgot how weird it feels!!! I haven’t had any acupuncture in 3 weeks now. My nausea/vomiting is totally grand now...only getting sick once or twice a day. Was so so sick on both my boys up until delivery.
    Boys obviously don’t agree with me ;)

Had a look this afternoon in the wardrobe with all the baby clothes....can’t wait to sort through them once the anomaly scan is done! I have resisted buying any new baby clothes :)

I was the same, had also completely forgotten the frustration of feeling the baby kickand then my husband not being able to feel it!

Yep I started to feel it last week. Was unsure at the beginning whether it was movement or not but it got stronger and there’s no mistaking it now! Some days I feel next to nothing, other days it is very strong....is this normal for all of you experienced mams? I get worried when I don’t feel much

ahaaha wrote: »
    Yep I started to feel it last week. Was unsure at the beginning whether it was movement or not but it got stronger and there’s no mistaking it now! Some days I feel next to nothing, other days it is very strong....is this normal for all of you experienced mams? I get worried when I don’t feel much
    Normal for me at this stage any way both for last pregnancy and this one

Normal for me at this stage any way both for last pregnancy and this one

Thank you for the reassurance!! I’m sure being anxious over it doesn’t help either!

• Advertisement

Thank you for the reassurance!! I’m sure being anxious over it doesn’t help either!

Oh look I was the same on first pregnancy, it's natural! Although saying that I have my moments on this pregnancy too, one day I'm all "ultra cool, totally zen, got my life together, strong woman" the following day I'm "who the eff would trust me with one kid let alone a second? Shur I haven't a breeze what I'm doing!"

It's the same when baby arrives, you'll be amazed athowquick you adapt but also whatlittle things can knock you. Justremember we all feel the same! I'm mostly pragmatic with sporadic moments of " how come everyone else knows what they're doing, while I'm holding life together with a broken safety pin!"

And eff all those glam mams with their 4 beautifully coordinated kids/perfect hair/perfect makeup (I'm jealous! :-) ) ...meanwhile I'm rocking a hun bun and tinted moisturiser on a good day! And hoping to God that the babywipes got the stain out of my top!

Hi Everyone, just an update on my GP situation. So I'm 21 weeks today and still have not had my 20 week check up (with GP as I don't get anomoly scan). When I called yesterday to find out if they had made a decision about whether they were going to see me or not I was told that none of the GPs in my practice are bringing patients in unless absolutely necessary. They then asked when my next hospital appointment is (May) and said they'd speak to a GP and get back to me.

So far so good with my pregnancy and I do understand how serious the current situation is, but surely I should be seen by someone between 13 weeks (last appointment) and 31 weeks (next appointment).

As it stands the only appointments I've had this pregnancy were my initial GP appointment confirming pregnancy and my booking appointment/first scan at 13 weeks.

I won't lie, the prospect of having no appointments in that length of time does worry me. Maybe needlessly, but I am slightly concerned.

Hi Everyone, just an update on my GP situation. So I'm 21 weeks today and still have not had my 20 week check up (with GP as I don't get anomoly scan). When I called yesterday to find out if they had made a decision about whether they were going to see me or not I was told that none of the GPs in my practice are bringing patients in unless absolutely necessary. They then asked when my next hospital appointment is (May) and said they'd speak to a GP and get back to me.

So far so good with my pregnancy and I do understand how serious the current situation is, but surely I should be seen by someone between 13 weeks (last appointment) and 31 weeks (next appointment).

As it stands the only appointments I've had this pregnancy were my initial GP appointment confirming pregnancy and my booking appointment/first scan at 13 weeks.

I won't lie, the prospect of having no appointments in that length of time does worry me. Maybe needlessly, but I am slightly concerned.

Oh gosh history queen it’s a stress you don’t need. :( I am sure everything is perfect with your baby. If you are worried you could go to one of those scan places if there is one near you. Not ideal I know!

On a separate note I saw on RTÉ that Mullingar hospital are not allowing birth partners for the birth :(:(:(

Please God all this will be over by the time August comes around for us.

Girls I have been trying to very hard find button down pjs....with long sleeved and long legs.
    Ordered one pair from h and m a while ago they are grand, anyway spotted a bargain today on Boux Avenue.....use code BDAY20 for an extra 20% off.

I bought 4 pairs of pjs for €51 including free delivery. I find this type of pjs the best for breastfeeding but also for general comfiness for an expanding bump!
    No idea what sizes are like....I ordered a L!!

Girls will our anomaly scans go ahead? I mine in just over a week away.

• Registered Users Posts: 154 ✭✭plasticheart

Girls will our anomaly scans go ahead? I mine in just over a week away.

Mine is on the 7th. Hoping it goes ahead but presume I'll hear next week if it's not.

Mine is on the 7th. Hoping it goes ahead but presume I'll hear next week if it's not.

Same day as mine!!

Same day as mine!!

I’m not long after you both. I’m hoping they will go ahead and fairly confident they won’t be cancelled

I’m not long after you both. I’m hoping they will go ahead and fairly confident they won’t be cancelled

I rang yesterday and the secretary said my scan and appointment will be going ahead on 7th! My husband is not allowed to go which is grand as he will have to mind the kids anyway!!! :)

I rang yesterday and the secretary said my scan and appointment will be going ahead on 7th! My husband is not allowed to go which is grand as he will have to mind the kids anyway!!! :)

That’s great news!!

• Advertisement

Hi everyone, I hope you are all keeping well. Just an update on my situation regsrding getting my 20 week GP check. So i rang last week and the week before looking for advice on whether I would be having the appointment or not. I was told both times I'd get a call back from one of the two GPs in the practice, which didn't happen (understandably under the circumstances, in fairness my GP is normally excellent for call backs).

I rang again today and explained my situation I completely calmly explained my previous query, and also wanted to know if I would be missing my flu and whooping cough vaccines, and if so no problem, once a GP was making that decision as being the least risky option rather thanme just falling through the cracks if that makes sense? Anyway long story short the receptionist took the head off me! To the point where i was in tears (I'm not a crier normally!) Asking if i even understood the situation?

I ended up apologising to her (purely because she is probably under pressure but I know I did nothing wrong) if she misunderstood me as I'm not trying to force myself on them I just wanted to find out what I'm supposed to do? She then i think realisedshe overstepped and said the practice nurse would ring me if she had time and might be able to give me the whooping cough vaccine in the car.

Anyway, no phone call. I feel a bit at sea now. In my last pregnancy my GP really pushed the importance of the vaccines and not missing appointments. Now though, I'm being made feel hysterical for trying to clarify that it is indeed ok to miss these things? Just wondering have any of the rest of you experienced this or gotten advice one way or the other?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Hi everyone, I hope you are all keeping well. Just an update on my situation regsrding getting my 20 week GP check. So i rang last week and the week before looking for advice on whether I would be having the appointment or not. I was told both times I'd get a call back from one of the two GPs in the practice, which didn't happen (understandably under the circumstances, in fairness my GP is normally excellent for call backs).

I rang again today and explained my situation I completely calmly explained my previous query, and also wanted to know if I would be missing my flu and whooping cough vaccines, and if so no problem, once a GP was making that decision as being the least risky option rather thanme just falling through the cracks if that makes sense? Anyway long story short the receptionist took the head off me! To the point where i was in tears (I'm not a crier normally!) Asking if i even understood the situation?

I ended up apologising to her (purely because she is probably under pressure but I know I did nothing wrong) if she misunderstood me as I'm not trying to force myself on them I just wanted to find out what I'm supposed to do? She then i think realisedshe overstepped and said the practice nurse would ring me if she had time and might be able to give me the whooping cough vaccine in the car.

Anyway, no phone call. I feel a bit at sea now. In my last pregnancy my GP really pushed the importance of the vaccines and not missing appointments. Now though, I'm being made feel hysterical for trying to clarify that it is indeed ok to miss these things? Just wondering have any of the rest of you experienced this or gotten advice one way or the other?

I’m just idly flicking through threads while I feed baby, and I read your post! . you’re not wrong at all- babies are having jabs as normal, so there’s no reason why you wouldn’t be having yours. You could possibly get them in the pharmacy?
    As regards your normal 20wk check, I’ve no idea, but it seems a bit mental for them to let you go that long with no appointments. Tbh, I’d probably keep ringing. But you shouldn’t have to

jlm29 wrote: »
    I’m just idly flicking through threads while I feed baby, and I read your post! . you’re not wrong at all- babies are having jabs as normal, so there’s no reason why you wouldn’t be having yours. You could possibly get them in the pharmacy?
    As regards your normal 20wk check, I’ve no idea, but it seems a bit mental for them to let you go that long with no appointments. Tbh, I’d probably keep ringing. But you shouldn’t have to

Thanks very much for the reply. I'm feeling very confused. I'm honestly perplexed. The receptionist said they're not seeing anyone in the practice and the hospitals are cancelling antenatal appointments too, but sister in law is also pregnant and was in our local maternity hospital today for an appointment. I've never had anything but good experiences with my GP practice up to now.

I didn't think of asking a pharmacist. I'll ring my local one and see if they're still offering that service. Thanks again.

Thanks very much for the reply. I'm feeling very confused. I'm honestly perplexed. The receptionist said they're not seeing anyone in the practice and the hospitals are cancelling antenatal appointments too, but sister in law is also pregnant and was in our local maternity hospital today for an appointment. I've never had anything but good experiences with my GP practice up to now.

I didn't think of asking a pharmacist. I'll ring my local one and see if they're still offering that service. Thanks again.

History queen don’t worry about the whooping cough vaccine.....I actually cancelled mine....it was meant to be after St Patrick’s day. The nurse rang me to try and persuade me...anyway when she found out how many weeks I was like she said that it was grand anyway previous guidelines were that you had to be 26 weeks pregnant or something to get it!!

I do think a lot of appointments are being cancelled in general.

History queen don’t worry about the whooping cough vaccine.....I actually cancelled mine....it was meant to be after St Patrick’s day. The nurse rang me to try and persuade me...anyway when she found out how many weeks I was like she said that it was grand anyway previous guidelines were that you had to be 26 weeks pregnant or something to get it!!

I do think a lot of appointments are being cancelled in general.

Ah great to hear that! I just don't know how important it is in the scheme of things. Thanks. Still feel a bit uneasy I'm being left almost 20 weeks without an appointment but I think I'm just going to have to accept it and hope for the best.

Ah great to hear that! I just don't know how important it is in the scheme of things. Thanks. Still feel a bit uneasy I'm being left almost 20 weeks without an appointment but I think I'm just going to have to accept it and hope for the best.

I know it is so crap :( I am not stressing about the whooping cough vaccine.

I am just glad we are not due anytime soon.....God only knows what hospital restrictions are coming down the line.

History Queen, what an awful shambles this is for you....I really do feel for you! I probably would keep on ringing too, and as others have said we’ve plenty of time for the whooping cough vaccine yet, so all is not lost. But someone else needs to make that decision and stand by it-not you. There just seems to be no procedures in place (again, understandable) and pregnant women don’t seem to be mattering, which I hope the hse won’t live to regret for all of our sakes.
    I do think GPs are probably cancelling a lot of antenatal apts- I’ve to ring a week before my own to see if it’s going ahead but will be asking someone to explain what the procedure is going forward. It’s not fair to be kept in the dark and wondering, like you are.

History Queen, what an awful shambles this is for you....I really do feel for you! I probably would keep on ringing too, and as others have said we’ve plenty of time for the whooping cough vaccine yet, so all is not lost. But someone else needs to make that decision and stand by it-not you. There just seems to be no procedures in place (again, understandable) and pregnant women don’t seem to be mattering, which I hope the hse won’t live to regret for all of our sakes.
    I do think GPs are probably cancelling a lot of antenatal apts- I’ve to ring a week before my own to see if it’s going ahead but will be asking someone to explain what the procedure is going forward. It’s not fair to be kept in the dark and wondering, like you are.

I agree it is shocking....I read on another thread someone had their appointments cancelled from 35-41 weeks!!!

I suppose it's not the vaccine alone i was worried about anyway. I just, as you said ahaha, wamt to know what the procedure is. And like that, what I wanted was a medical professional making the call, not just to be left unattended by proxy. Again, not blaming anyone, completely understand that this is unprecedented for everyone but i thought I was being reasonable ringing to ask for guidance.

Anyway, for my own stress levels I'm parking it for now. Might try call again next week. I'll see how I feel, I don't want to harrass them either, and the sense I got from the phone call today was that I was wasting their time with another pointless phone call.

• Advertisement

I suppose it's not the vaccine alone i was worried about anyway. I just, as you said ahaha, wamt to know what the procedure is. And like that, what I wanted was a medical professional making the call, not just to be left unattended by proxy. Again, not blaming anyone, completely understand that this is unprecedented for everyone but i thought I was being reasonable ringing to ask for guidance.

Anyway, for my own stress levels I'm parking it for now. Might try call again next week. I'll see how I feel, I don't want to harrass them either, and the sense I got from the phone call today was that I was wasting their time with another pointless phone call.

History queen why don’t you ring the hospital and ask about an appointment. I wouldn’t bother with that gp....not like they are going to do much anyway.
    That way hospital might give you a scan too!
    There is a list on the internet somewhere of when we are meant to get our appointments....is it every 4 weeks or something?

Advertisement