Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forum Games Sheep Advent Calendar!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,367 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

The first time I’ve seen Hugh Grant’s name onscreen on a cast list and not reached for the remote control.

Woo-Hugh \o/

Very surprised Emma Thompson only got one mention, she was the one I was most worried about sheeping instead.

P.S. Fun* fact for those who don't know: the actress who plays Aurélia (
    Colin Firth's romantic interest
    ) represented Portugal at the Eurovision Song Contest in 1996. She finished in 6th place, which was Portugal's best ever finish in Eurovision until they won in 2017. #themoreyouknow

*your definition of "fun" may vary from mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,444 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

I demand that this question be removed and a question about Die Hard takes its place!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Very surprised Emma Thompson only got one mention, she was the one I was most worried about sheeping instead.

Same here.

You're sh*tting me, right? Half the feckin' world's in that film - I'm probably in there myself if you look hard enough - and you expect me to pick one? I hope Santa's just as dickish to you and leaves you something ridiculous like a cheap Chinese knock-off Barbie, or a set of hubcaps for a car you no longer own.
    Who made this comment? Pretty funny. Maybe we should each nominate a comment of the thread.

I demand that this question be removed and a question about Die Hard takes its place!!!!

This is probably as good a time as any to confess to the world that I've never actually seen Die Hard. :o
    I'm pretty sure it's not actually a Christmas film though. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭irishejit

I feel really really dirty saying this but I love you Hugh Grant

• Registered Users Posts: 30,444 ✭✭✭✭Tauriel

This is probably as good a time as any to confess to the world that I've never actually seen Die Hard. :o

Blasphemy!!!

Die Hard is the greatest Christmas movie ever!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,589 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I was CONVINCED that Bill Nighty Nigh Night Nightie Nighy would sheep and was so close to going for him! Phew.
    What put me off was maybe people (like me) couldn't spell it!

Great film, this is. Must watch it again. Sheeping has made me have a change of heart. :pac:

(one big thing about this film that irritates me is the constant calling of Martine McCutcheon, a perfectly lovely looking girl 'fat'- she is a size 12 at most, like.) :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,882 ✭✭✭tusk

Woohoo back in the top ten!!!

Kolido has been 1 point ahead of me for about a thousand rounds. Can't shake him!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,007 ✭✭✭✭Electric Nitwit

P.S. Fun* fact for those who don't know: the actress who plays Aurélia (
    Colin Firth's romantic interest
    ) represented Portugal at the Eurovision Song Contest in 1996. She finished in 6th place, which was Portugal's best ever finish in Eurovision until they won in 2017. #themoreyouknow

*your definition of "fun" may vary from mine.

Excellent fact!

Fun fact number two - only five years separates these actors...

keira-knightley-and-thomas-brodie-sangster-loveactually.jpg
    Keira Knightley, born March 26, 1985
    Thomas Brodie-Sangster, born May 16, 1990

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

There are many reasons to hate Love Actually. Keira Knightly’s face, them calling Martine McCutcheon fat, the terrible treatment of Emma Thompson’s character, the fact that my first boyfriend chose to go see it with the girl he would end up cheating on me with - all excellent reasons to hate it. I still kind of like it though.

There’s a teen version of it on Netflix called Let It Snow that’s worth a watch, and a Norwegian show called Home For Christmas that mentions Love Actually quite a bit.

Fun fact number two - only five years separates these actors...
    Woah. :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

tusk wrote: »
    Woohoo back in the top ten!!!

Kolido has been 1 point ahead of me for about a thousand rounds. Can't shake him!

tumblr_inline_ndptb6e4Pv1t2m9ry.gif?quality=90&strip=all&zoom=1&resize=540%2C296

• Registered Users Posts: 13,618 ✭✭✭✭Deja Boo

Ditto :o

Have I told you, you're my favourite? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 42,092 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

I’ve my answer in and it’s one of those weird feelings where I could ace or sheep.

Was deciding between two so inevitably the one I don’t choose will end up romping home.

Yep I was right. :(

Yep I was right. :(

tumblr_mdjdlyvCF21qgvdf9o1_500.gif

Posy wrote: »
    I was CONVINCED that Bill Nighty Nigh Night Nightie Nighy would sheep and was so close to going for him! Phew.
    What put me off was maybe people (like me) couldn't spell it!

Great film, this is. Must watch it again. Sheeping has made me have a change of heart. :pac:

(one big thing about this film that irritates me is the constant calling of Martine McCutcheon, a perfectly lovely looking girl 'fat'- she is a size 12 at most, like.) :rolleyes:

I can’t believe I’m the only one who said Bill. I thought he gave by far the best performance in the film.

tumblr_mdjdlyvCF21qgvdf9o1_500.gif

Just to let you know that my other choice was Rickman so at least he wasn’t the one who romped home.

Genuinely sad that there's only a couple of questions left. Have really enjoyed this.

It's actually been great. Thanks, EN. :D

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,829 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Genuinely sad that there's only a couple of questions left. Have really enjoyed this.

Year round game EN?

Loughc wrote: »
    Year round game EN?
    Let's do it...!
    00601620_1.jpg
    (no no no no no no no no no no no no no no no!)

Good morning elves, welcome to day 23 of the Forum Games Sheep Advent Calendar and the penultimate question!

tenor.gif

Santa's resting up before getting to work tomorrow. Will you be leaving something nice out for him?

3hxg56.gif

Question 23: Name one thing you might leave out for Santa

6pm deadline as always, good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,046 ✭✭✭kitten_k

Oh was torn between two. Hopefully went for the right one.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,366 ✭✭✭✭Kolido

kitten_k wrote: »
    Oh was torn between two. Hopefully went for the right one.

I was torn between 3, tough choice but great question.

Kolido wrote: »
    I was torn between 3, tough choice but great question.

Same. I don't think I'll have sheeped but I don't think im gonna win now anyways so it's ok! :D

Question 23: Name one thing you might leave out for Santa

6pm deadline as always, good luck!

Morning bump
    18/34 answers in :)

And a lunchtime bump

28/34 answers in :)

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Just sent

• Advertisement

Wow, with a minute to spare the final entry comes in, having obviously taken an entire day to write :pac:
    Hardest question of the whole sheep!

I have googled and mince pies and guinness have come up in my searches. Which begs the question: are parents really encouraging their kids to feed an already obese man mince pies? And to irresponsibly drink-drive while in charge of a flying sleigh headed by magical reindeers in the middle of the night?

Think of the story: drunken pilot has heart attack in night sky: 34 dead on dual carriageway; victims include reindeers which Gardai seek to identify by their dental records. The carnage!

The correct answer is of course 'nothing, because Santa is a fictional character used to push the consumerism agenda of Christmas, burying the deeper spiritual meaning and moral values of the holiday; a cruel illusion that, once unveiled, renders innocent rascals' dreams shattered and the once all-pervading trust in their elder guardians forever pulverized to pieces; leaving them to grow up as hollow shells, shadows of what they once were, bitter and disappointed, but at least somewhat prepared for a bleak future full of heartache, betrayal and hopelessness; years which will pass by in an instant as they marvel at the fleeting nature of time; wonder where they've gone; wonder if they ever really knew where they were going in the first place and if their childhood trauma is indeed to blame for it all.'

But will that be the sheep answer of Tusk, Necro and co.? I doubt it

My therapist will be hearing about that one!

Advertisement