Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Issue with ESTA email confirmation code?

Options
  • 25-11-2019 11:08am
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone having issues when applying for visa waiver on the ESTA site. It's supposed to send an email verification code but it never arrives. I've tried a couple of email addresses and all the same. Tried ringing them but they say the queues are long and to ring back

any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

How long since you applied? They don't give instant approval any more, you just wait a day or so, I don't remember any 'email verification code'.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

they've introduced an email verification code before you complete your application. Can't apply without verification but no code being sent

Anyone willing to check to confirm it's happening widespread?

ok site is down for maintenance so must be an issue

• Registered Users Posts: 25,437 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you can afford to (time wise), I'd leave it to next week. This Thursday (28th) is Thanksgiving, everyone will be flying home to visit Mom and Pop for the turkey dinner so most offices will come to a halt on Wednesday afternoon and nothing will happen after that until next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,419 ✭✭✭antix80

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-7726059/British-passengers-stopped-boarding-flights-visa-ESTA-flight-crashes-update.html
    A spokesman for US Customs and Border Protection (CBP) told The Times...'CBP has for many years recommended that prospective travellers complete the online Esta form at least 72 hours in advance of travel to ensure sufficient time for processing.'

Advertisement