Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Having different instructors

• 25-11-2019 11:10am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭

I'm starting lessons in the next week or two. I have one school booked in for the week after next for a couple of 1 hour lessons, but then after organising that, I had another get back to me and say they could fit me in for a 2-hour next week. So, I agreed to that as well. Both schools seem to be well-rated enough.

I understand that using different instructors at the same time could be confusing, especially for someone just starting, and possibly even miff the instructors a bit as I could be getting taught in contradicting ways, but I thought I might as well go ahead with what I've booked for now and then possibly see who to use on a more regular basis from there on out. At least that's the plan for now. Thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭MascotDec85

I’d a girl come to me for lessons recently, turned out I was to be one of four ADIs she wanted to use. Tbh, I wasn’t at all keen on that scenario at all and wished her all the best.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,238 ✭✭✭✭briany

I’d a girl come to me for lessons recently, turned out I was to be one of four ADIs she wanted to use. Tbh, I wasn’t at all keen on that scenario at all and wished her all the best.

Yeah, I can understand that. I did let the first instructor who got back to me that I'd been contacting different ones around the same time, and might have another one giving me an earlier date.

If I like the one who's giving me the earlier lesson, and he's available, I might stick with him. I'd still have a week to cancel the other lessons. How would you be with someone cancelling on you a week beforehand? I don't like to leave anyone out of pocket, here.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 27,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Posy

I had an overlap of instructors for a little while when learning.
    I had nobody to practice with and therefore no sponsor, so I didn't think it made a big difference who the other person I was driving with was anyway!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,924 ✭✭✭MascotDec85

briany wrote: »
    Yeah, I can understand that. I did let the first instructor who got back to me that I'd been contacting different ones around the same time, and might have another one giving me an earlier date.

If I like the one who's giving me the earlier lesson, and he's available, I might stick with him. I'd still have a week to cancel the other lessons. How would you be with someone cancelling on you a week beforehand? I don't like to leave anyone out of pocket, here.

A week is more than enough notice. My T&Cs state at least 24hrs notice. Some ask for 48hrs.

Advertisement