Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Is flip paint/wrap making a comeback?

Options
  • 25-11-2019 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Just curious as seeing alot cars online now getting liquid wrapped or dipped or sprayed in flip or flip pealrs ect and look really good like below just my own perosnal taste but wondering what other people think:

maxresdefault.jpg
    zewmoyuqqdvxbsbullyt.jpg
    42fd9417e717fcec9dd143447aaeee82.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

You’ll see a few (wrapped) around Limerick. Mainly by Vanguard on the dock road. They also seem to be doing a lot of tinted windscreens with a kinda rainbow effect.

Each to their own. I think it’s horrendous, but it’s certainly eye catching.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭mondeo

Those flipped paints look crap imo. Back 2004 ish, there was alot of little young lads doing this to their sheds. I use to think "Gobshoite" whenever I seen one drive past. I hope they never come back.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,854 ✭✭✭✭MetzgerMeister

#FastNFuriousLad

• Registered Users Posts: 14,416 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭Tacitus Kilgore

colm_mcm wrote: »
    You’ll see a few (wrapped) around Limerick. Mainly by Vanguard on the dock road. They also seem to be doing a lot of tinted windscreens with a kinda rainbow effect.

Them polarised windscreens?

ZjMyODA0NDMzMWMwMjViMjg3YTc1MWRkMzQzMzZhMjRhXyqDXuIuhu6sXt59nglqaHR0cDovL21lZGlhLmFkc2ltZy5jb20vMWE3MWJjODQxZjcxNmI5NmE4MjY5MjBmNGRkZTc4ZWNlZDQ2Nzk3Yzc2NWU2ZDJiYjBiZWIxZGZjZmExZjFmOC5qcGd8fHx8fHw3MDB4Mzk2fGh0dHA6Ly93d3cuYWR2ZXJ0cy5pZS9zdGF0aWMvaS93YXRlcm1hcmsucG5nfHx8.jpg

Feckin hard to see in, but no effect on light transfer apparently. Wonder how the law looks at them ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,459 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

The RSA says:
    Excessively tinted windscreens or front side windows present a significant safety hazard for vehicle drivers and their occupants. Visibility is greatly reduced, particularly for night time driving and at times of low light. There are also enforcement issues for An Garda Síochána in regard to driver recognition, the detection of driving offences e.g. holding a mobile phone while driving, and other criminal activity.

If the NCT vehicle inspector deems that the windscreen or front side windows are excessively tinted the level of light transmission of the window will be tested. The glass in the windscreen and front side windows will be required to have a light transmission level of not less than 65% in order to pass the NCT test. Tinting of these windows must not be greater than 35%.Unfortunately the National Car Testing Regulations do not allow for any exemptions in this regard.

Tint films tend to be quite easily removed and replaceable with a compliant film which would block UVA light and meet the requirement of not less than 65% light transmission. There is no limit on the tint level in the rear window and rear side windows.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

The first one is minter lad.

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭SupraSonic26

Ya it mostly seems to be over in the states im seeing it, havent seen one around ireland since early 2000s some can be nice on the right car imo.

Advertisement