Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

TP-Link range extender acting the maggot

• 25-11-2019 1:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,794 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this the wrong forum.

Wifi extenders confound me, but I want to make sure's a problem before I start tinkering with it, or find out if I'm getting as good as I can expect.

Have Virginmedia, with bad coverage upstairs, so bought a TP-LINK RE650.
    At the bottom of my stairs, where I intend to put the extender, I would ordinarily get over a 100mb on a speedtest.

When I plug the extender in and do the test again the speeds drop dramatically to maybe 20mb. That can't be right, can it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭as.eirinn

...no expert either, have you set it up with your router and configured it with the app?

Advertisement