Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black screen on log in

Options
  • 25-11-2019 5:19pm

I've been chasing my tail on this one for the last few days. Log in takes longer than usual 30 seconds as opposed to the normal 5 on windows 10.

When it logs in the screen is black but I have a mouse cursor and I can run task manager, I can see explorer is running but stopping and starting it doesn't help. After about 10 minutes the desktop will eventually appear.

Thought maybe it was an issue with the most recent windows update, and checking I installed that on the 12th but have only had the problem since Saturday. Nothing else installed or removed. I've removed the NVidia drivers and reinstalled those, the win+ctrl+shift+b combo didn't help either. Malwarebytes scan done too with nothing to report.

I did notice I had a stuck update for defender definitions, but I cleared that.

I've tried doing a clean boot and have the bare minimum loading at start up as it is and have disabled fast start up.

Did a system file check and nothing to report their either.

Advertisement