If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

55 inch TV €700 price range

Options
  • 25-11-2019 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭

Hi folks.

It's probably been asked all the time but what do you recommend in this price range?

I would like freesat /satellite tuner if possible?

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

Hi folks.

It's probably been asked all the time but what do you recommend in this price range?

I would like freesat /satellite tuner if possible?

Thanks
    Hi coolbreeze1,

If you could stretch the budget a little I would recommend the LG 55SM8600. It has a Nano Cell panel with a fantastic voice controlled smart hub. It also has a Freeview and Freesat tuner built in. It's currently 789 euro including shipping:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204041-lg-55sm8600pla-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Let me know what you think.

Kind regards

David

• Registered Users Posts: 98 ✭✭coolbreeze01

Hi coolbreeze1,

If you could stretch the budget a little I would recommend the LG 55SM8600. It has a Nano Cell panel with a fantastic voice controlled smart hub. It also has a Freeview and Freesat tuner built in. It's currently 789 euro including shipping:

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204041-lg-55sm8600pla-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-led-tv-freeview-play.aspx

Kind regards

David

Thanks David.

I was looking at that set just wondering is there much of a different between it an the Philips 55PUS7394?

Also is there any movement in the price for a Boardsie returning customer :-)

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi coolbreeze1,

Kind regards

David

Thanks David.

I was looking at that set just wondering is there much of a different between it an the Philips 55PUS7394?

Also is there any movement in the price for a Boardsie returning customer :-)
    Hey Coolbreeze01.

Both are good televisions.

in my opinion the LG pips the Philips with its Nano cell technology and is also a 100Hz panel to the standard 50Hz of the Philips.

The current price of £699 or 799 Euro would be the best price on the 55SM8600.
    This would include our VIP 6 year guarantee free of charge and also shipping.

You are free to pay in which ever currency works out to be cheapest for yourself.

Any questions please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭Seamu$

Hi Kenny,

Hope coolbreeze doesn't mind me posting a comment on his thread, but basically came here looking to ask the exact same question, and was wondering about the Samsung QE55Q60R. Similar price to the Philips mentioned above.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203930-samsung-qe55q60r-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-qled-tv-tvplus.aspx?swapstore=1
    How would you rate it against the other 2 TVs listed above?

Many thanks. 

Seamu$ wrote: »
    Hi Kenny,

Hope coolbreeze doesn't mind me posting a comment on his thread, but basically came here looking to ask the exact same question, and was wondering about the Samsung QE55Q60R. Similar price to the Philips mentioned above.
    https://www.richersounds.ie/p-203930-samsung-qe55q60r-55-inch-4k-ultra-hd-hdr-smart-qled-tv-tvplus.aspx?swapstore=1
    How would you rate it against the other 2 TVs listed above?

Many thanks. 
    Hi Seamu$.

The QLED's are fantastic and would be a better set than the LG and Philips mentioned above.
    The QLED is also a 100Hz panel and the QLED teec will produces a more realistic image.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info lads.

I might see what reductions there are tomorrow before deciding. Just wary of whatever I buy not being a good upgrade.

Thanks for the info lads.

I might see what reductions there are tomorrow before deciding. Just wary of whatever I buy not being a good upgrade.
    No problem at all Coolbreeze01.

Drop us a post if anything catches your eye tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Rob_Cork

Hi Kenny,
    could you compare the 49" versions of the Samsung Q60 and the LG 8600 mentioned above? And do they both have Freesat, and Saorview. Thanks Kenny, and Coolbreeze!

Rob_Cork wrote: »
    Hi Kenny,
    could you compare the 49" versions of the Samsung Q60 and the LG 8600 mentioned above? And do they both have Freesat, and Saorview. Thanks Kenny, and Coolbreeze!
    Hey Rob_Cork

The QLED would still be the better technology but the Nano cell in the LG also does a very good job for image reproduction.
    Both have Saorivew and a Satellite tuner built in. 

The 49Q60 drops down to 50Hz to the 100Hz of the 55".
    The 49SM8600 is a native 100Hz panel.

Sorry lads for only getting back to you now. 

I've changed to looking at Oled as I don't really believe that anything else would be an upgrade. 

I'm most tempted by the Panasonic gz950 55inch I'm guessing the price in euro is the best you can do?

Also thinkin of Atmos up firing speakers what have ye and wat can you do for a Boardsie :D

Thanks and I know you're probably hectic these days. 

• Advertisement

Sorry lads for only getting back to you now. 

I've changed to looking at Oled as I don't really believe that anything else would be an upgrade. 

I'm most tempted by the Panasonic gz950 55inch I'm guessing the price in euro is the best you can do?

Also thinkin of Atmos up firing speakers what have ye and wat can you do for a Boardsie :D

Thanks and I know you're probably hectic these days. 
    Afternoon CoolBreeze01.

The GZ950 are very nice televisions and have a fantastic picture.

Its currently priced at £1299 or 1339 Euro, so it looks like the Euro price is the better deal. It also includes delivery and our VIP 6 year guarantee free of charge.
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-204173-panasonic-tx55gz950b-55-inch-oled-4k-ultra-hd-premium-smart-tv-freeview-play-freesat-hd.aspx

For the Atmos speakers there is the really only the KEF A50A at the higher side of things. Priced at 509 Euro - I could offer a pair of these for 469 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203060-kef-q50a-atmos-black-dolby-atmos-speakers-per-pair.aspx

There is usually the [font=Verdana, sans-serif]Elac Debut A4 mk2 priced at 219 Euro. - I could discount these down to 205 Euro but there are currently out of stock with no current ETA.[/font]
    [font=Verdana, sans-serif]https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-203404-elac-debut-a4-mk2-atmos-dolby-atmos-speakers-per-pair.aspx[/font]

[font=Verdana, sans-serif]Let me know what you think.[/font]

I am going to go for the tv and think about the speakers. 

I'll just order off the website. 

Thanks for your help and Happy New year. 

Morning Collbreeze01.

Just to check as I don't see any orders in over night for this TV?

Perhaps it was yourself who asked for the request quote on the TV via our website rather than placed the order?

We will give you a call this morning for payment or if it was not yourself then would you have an order number that I can use to try and locate your order?

Morning Collbreeze01.

Perhaps it was yourself who asked for the request quote on the TV via our website rather than placed the order?

We will give you a call this morning for payment or if it was not yourself then would you have an order number that I can use to try and locate your order?
    That was me alright. 

Just was talking to Chris there and he got me sorted Thanks. 

Morning Collbreeze01.

That was me alright. 

Just was talking to Chris there and he got me sorted Thanks. 
    Cheers for the order CoolBreeze01 :D

Chris is processing it first thing and we will get it out to you ASAP.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.