Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Aer Lingus Black Friday €100 off

• 25-11-2019 5:28pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭

Fancy a shopping trip to New York? Or a winter sun holiday to LA? Use promo code BLACKFLYDAY by midnight tonight (25/11/19) to get €100 off return flights to our North American destinations. Make sure to add the promo code at the start of your flight search!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,845 ✭✭✭Jet Black

I'm guessing it's only January, February and March like last year?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Jet Black wrote: »
    I'm guessing it's only January, February and March like last year?

Dates here:
    Excludes direct flights to Orlando (MCO). The advertised promotional code "BLACKFLYDAY" discounts each return flight booking by €100 per person. Discount applies to the fare element only. The code is valid and can be applied to bookings made on 25 November 2019 for travel (including return) between 6 January and 22 March 2020. Promotional code may only be used on aerlingus.com desktop site. Offer not available on mobile app or website. Flight prices are subject to change (up or down). Offer can be withdrawn without notice. Offer available on web bookings only. Travel restrictions may apply depending on date and time of travel and departure airport. Booking conditions apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 chipschips

They have jacked up the price of flights I was looking at by exactly €100 since last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭wardides

Looking to book flights for May to New York, will this be the bulk of any black Friday offers do people think? Unsure what they done last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Whereisgerry?

chipschips wrote: »
    They have jacked up the price of flights I was looking at by exactly €100 since last week!

I've noticed exactly the same thing! :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Much like Ryanair seat sales.....fake news.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,763 Mod ✭✭✭✭ToxicPaddy

This crap annoys me, maybe call them out on it on their Twitter account. See if they respond.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,620 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

ToxicPaddy wrote: »
    This crap annoys me, maybe call them out on it on their Twitter account. See if they respond.

To be fair they're not the only ones at it, many retailers jack up the price of stuff only to 'reduce' it on Black Friday. Smiths Toys and Easons for starters.

Read something a few weeks ago saying the worst time to buy anything is the first few weeks of November for this very reason and I could well believe it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Hence “make sure to add the code in advance”

Hate companies that do this crap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,241 ✭✭✭sdanseo

I had been casually looking at flights to the west coast in January/February and with adding the code they are €100 cheaper than I've been seeing over the last couple of weeks.

Seems hit and miss at worst, but an actual bargain at best.

Problem now is, tempted to hit book. Return for €340 odd is insane. I've had more expensive flights to get to Denmark.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

sdanseo wrote: »
    Problem now is, tempted to hit book. Return for €340 odd is insane. I've had more expensive flights to get to Denmark.

I got return to JFK for €220 with Delta earlier this year. Check Google Flights or Skyscanner.. Lots of dates in Jan/Feb for under €310 return

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭channelsurfer2

Booked the flight in July to fly in February for the exact price they are charging now after the "offer code". Price has been the same for months except amazingly went up by 100 euro a couple of weeks ago. I wonder why!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,686 ✭✭✭sheroman01

There is never a true discount or offer when it comes to Aer Lingus.

• Registered Users Posts: 488 ✭✭septicsac

Ryanair deal Monday was reduced cost on summer flights. Don't always praise them but flight was genuinely reduced from 36€ to €25, had been watching it. Mind you by time I added their usual extra charges it worked out near 38€ with priority and luggage. Still a saving of near 60€ on 5 flights, better than nothing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭California Dreamer

unklerosco wrote: »
    I got return to JFK for €220 with Delta earlier this year. Check Google Flights or Skyscanner.. Lots of dates in Jan/Feb for under €310 return

But are these basic economy fares?

No bags
    No seat selection
    No meals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭charlietheminxx

No bags
    No seat selection
    No meals

I got 2 Delta return flights direct Dublin-JFK with all the bells and whistles (checked bags, meals, seat selection etc.) for under €750.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

I have seen that so often with Aer Lingus!

Surely there is a consumer protection rule about this just like regular store sales where the pre sale price had to be in effect for a reasonable time (typically Irish law does not specify this time!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,828 ✭✭✭unklerosco

No bags
    No seat selection
    No meals

I didn't look into it.. My flights included meals. Carry on bag and no seat selection but we sat together on both legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,417 ✭✭✭Beersmith

Yeah same here! It was about 5 days ago. Today it's the same price.

Advertisement