Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place for family to eat lunch in Stradbally (or as close to)

Options
  • 25-11-2019 6:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭

We are going to Stradbally with the whole family husbands, wives, grandkids.
    The plan is for a small surprise for my mother.

Where would be the best place in or as close to Stradbally that anyone would recommend, maybe with a glass of wine or something.
    The Heritage has already been ruled out apparently.

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 41,590 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Mcevoys in Abbeyleix?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,211 ✭✭✭✭Suckit

sydthebeat wrote: »
    Mcevoys in Abbeyleix?

Thanks, I'll throw that to them. I think they were thinking more of a hotel/cosy place.

But I don't know. I usually stay away from getting involved in these things.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,567 ✭✭✭bassy

the manor hotel in abbeyleix

I was wrong. McEvoys seems to be the one they chose.. But that will probably change again 20 times before the day.

Thanks for the suggestions

Suckit wrote: »
    I was wrong. McEvoys seems to be the one they chose.. But that will probably change again 20 times before the day.

Thanks for the suggestions

I'd pick mcevoys over the hotel every time.

Delicious food and plenty of areas to get to yourselves

• Advertisement

Yep, thanks, looking at making a booking tomorrow. Does lunch finish at 3pm would you know? I'll be ringing tomorrow, but on the FB page somebody mentioned it says they stop at 3pm.

Suckit wrote: »
    Yep, thanks, looking at making a booking tomorrow. Does lunch finish at 3pm would you know? I'll be ringing tomorrow, but on the FB page somebody mentioned it says they stop at 3pm.

I'm not sure sorry. I've only ever eaten in there in the evenings

Advertisement