Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Endurance bike

Options
  • 25-11-2019 11:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi
    Thinking of getting an endurance bike budget of around 2000 any ideas what to go for

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Miklos

This Canyon Endurace should fit the bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 49 Mr T.

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭Cionn

Evans Cycles have some of the Specialized Roubaix (entry models from 2018) on special at 40% off circa €1,550. This was for a Tiagra and Mechanical disc brake version. There was a 105 hydraulic version too for just under 2k. Great endurance bike for those who are not blessed with youth. I have an Ultegra version that has given me a new lease of life for cycling I am just shy of 50.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

I picked up a Cannondale Synapse Hydraulic Disc 105 Carbon for 1199 from a shop about a year ago. Change the wheels and you will absolutely love it - but might take a while to get one at that price

• Registered Users Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭kuro_man

I rented a Rose GF four 105 recently and found it very comfortable over long distances - I would but it
    https://www.rosebikes.com/rose-team-gf-four-105-2673779

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

I picked up a Cannondale Synapse Hydraulic Disc 105 Carbon for 1199 from a shop about a year ago. Change the wheels and you will absolutely love it - but might take a while to get one at that price

+1 on this, I had the alloy version of the Synapse and found it very comfy, lots of tire clearance too!

I’ve also owned a Ribble Endurance, one of the older versions, the current one is available for just under your budget, found that quite comfortable too, probably more so than the Synapse!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 stones81

Yeah been thinking of going for Cannondale synapse as i have a trek 1.2 about 6 years old but want something bit more comfortable

Advertisement