Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What are you asking Santy for?

Options
  • 26-11-2019 1:46pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭

On a more cheerful note, compared to all the recent negative threads, what are you asking Santy for?

I am going for these: https://www.bike24.com/1.php?content=8;product=249322

I need two chainrings. Simples. My son has requested a bike, this is far more exciting for me As I haven't forced him and he seems so excited.

Anyone else got a wishlist?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭teroknor83

I'm hoping he'll bring me a new garmin edge 530... My edge 500 has been on it's last legs for a while.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,432 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I'd love him to build my 2 steel frames up, unseize the seatpost on the other one and bring me a shakedry jacket of some sort.

However, I've bought a fixer upper and have no money for the foreseeable future

• Registered Users Posts: 9,449 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Boards Kit!

I'd like a hub dynamo set up for my winter bike.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,392 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

planetx ec130 disc

not going to happen - unless i buy it myself

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,582 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

i want someone to buy my bike from me as a santy present for themselves...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭NSAman

A little BREITLING Navitimer watch would be nice. Is it gonna happen? Errrr nope

• Registered Users Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

I think I’m on the naughty list! I’ve asked him to check it twice! :)

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,381 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

...a new right foot and spine. Alas I think I'm stuck with the head, for now anyway, although the way medicine is advancing....

We took the kids to see Santy at the weekend. The deal was they put in a good word for me with Santy for a new bike and we'd get McDonalds. I shouldn't have taken them to McDonalds first :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭daragh_

A Supersix Evo.

Santy wrote back to say 'cop on to yourself - you'll be getting Socks again'.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Simmer down

A turbo trainer, because the roads around me are lethal in winter. Also, with so many sh¡tty drivers out there, it's putting me off going out for a spin. It's got me thinking about my own mortality these days.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

We took the kids to see Santy at the weekend. The deal was they put in a good word for me with Santy for a new bike and we'd get McDonalds. I shouldn't have taken them to McDonalds first :mad:
    Did you not get to sit on his lap?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,442 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

Beasty wrote: »
    ...a new right foot and spine. Alas I think I'm stuck with the head, for now anyway, although the way medicine is advancing....

I need a new AC joint in my shoulder, maybe a group buy on body parts?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

Its Santa!!

Anyway asked him for this >>> https://www.bike24.com/p2351784.html?q=Di2+groupset and he said 'yes' and its on its way to me now, probably arriving tomorrow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,261 ✭✭✭saccades

22t 104bcd NW for the nippers xc bike.
    Some proper runners so i can start "spit" couch to 5k.
    Hope stainless BB to replace the gxp nonsense
    Blade 5 dartboard
    World peace.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,786 ✭✭✭✭dahat

As bikes need ongoing bits with kit buys as well my Mrs reckons Santa is every second weekend for me!!!!

Likely some Galibier bits, oversocks, gloves, cheap n easy for the kids to get.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,762 ✭✭✭Pinch Flat

Giving mrs pinch flat a short list.

Have suggested a pair of prime carbon wheels - she buys back one, I buy the front one. Will see how that goes. :pac:

In the market for a new helmet after writing off my ‘good one’ a few weeks back, so will give her this for the short list. Some good deals in chain reaction, so might just buy one and she can leave it under the tree.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 24,925 Mod ✭✭✭✭CramCycle

I bought Santa's present last year, he never reimbursed me, don't do it.

A week's leave from home to go cycling somewhere mountainous and warm.
    Will probably be a long weekend instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,438 ✭✭✭jamesd

Wahoo kickr - hoping they do a sale for black friday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭mamax

16 days off over christmas to go cycling, there's no better gift :D

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭AxleAddict

Weepsie wrote: »
    I'd love him to build my 2 steel frames up, unseize the seatpost on the other one and bring me a shakedry jacket of some sort.

Got an email from GoreWear about an hour ago saying there'll be 30%-50% off everything this Friday.

That said, I need to steer well clear of this thread - it's only going to end up costing me money!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,343 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

I need a new AC joint in my shoulder, maybe a group buy on body parts?

You can have mine. It's already taken apart, just needs to be reassembled :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

Dear Santa

How's about a few months respite from reading about hi viz & general woes of the urban cyclist.

If we could wake up on the 25th and you will have dumped all those threads on to the commuting and infrastructure forum..

THATD-BE-GREAT.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭secman

My list:

1. Boards.ie summer kit plus a spare pink Jersey :)
    2. New smart watch - an apple Chinese one :)
    3. New set of Leyezn Lights.
    4. I'm watching the deals this week :)

All ordered and paid for. Beats getting something you've no need for. A licence to order is what it is :)

Happy Christmas to ME from ME

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

Tools, tools and more tools!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,328 ✭✭✭secman

8valve wrote: »
    Tools, tools and more tools!

Ah here no need for name calling !

:)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 49,582 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

speaking of tools, i may ask for a decent bandsaw. not exactly cycling related, though.

• Registered Users Posts: 976 ✭✭✭8valve

secman wrote: »
    Ah here no need for name calling !

:)

No, ye are all lovely people.

I want tools to cover in rust and oil while swearing at vintage bikes, which is how I spend most of my time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,054 ✭✭✭✭neris

Climbing legs

Advertisement