Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't find Bass Boost in headphone enhancements

Options
  • 26-11-2019 2:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    I've been using my gaming headset in the front audio jacks of my PC since I got them however sometimes while in game, people would tell me my mic was giving a lot of static. The headset is a HyperX cloud alpha so I thought it couldn't be hardware related but I couldn't really be arsed to solve the problem because it wasn't the end of the world. However the other day I had to record a digital piano recording through the microphone jack of the PC and the front jack seems to provide significantly more static than the back jacks.

Because of this I moved my headset to the back audio jacks of the PC. The problem I have with this however is that when I go into the sounds of the computer, go into the properties of the headphone jack, I can't find the Bass Boost setting under the enhancements tab. Equalizer is there and I know there's a bass setting under that however I don't find it gives enough bass (maybe I like too much :)). Is there any certain driver that provides the Bass Boost setting or is there an app I can download? Will I have to stick with the equalizer and make my own custom preset and if so, can somebody advise me on it?
    Cheers

Comments

I would imagine it's just the limitation of your motherboards onboard audio.
    What mobo have you got?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

Asus Z-170P. Went onto the driver page and reinstalled the drivers. No bass boost unfortunately but there's that equalizer ****e. Only thing is, my microphone isn't coming up. Have it plugged in the back microphone jack but it's coming up as "Not plugged in" under recording. Any idea why?

• Registered Users Posts: 602 ✭✭✭Aodhan5000

After unpluging all the jacks again and plugging them in again, a pop up called ASUS Realtek HD Audio Manager arrived on the scene. The speaker configuration by default was 7.1 speaker for some reason but didn't allow any mic (I'm guessing there's some reason behind that but I don't know). Anyway, changed that setting to stereo and low and behold a microphone was on site. Now that that's fixed, is there and "best" equalizer configuration out there for a "bassy" experience or can someone post a link to a good video/site explaining how to operate this equalizer yolk (I know there's plenty out there but if any could send me something that's clear and concise, I'd much appreciate it). Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,138 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

Aodhan5000 wrote: »
    The speaker configuration by default was 7.1 speaker for some reason but didn't allow any mic (I'm guessing there's some reason behind that but I don't know).

3 ports on the back, so for analog surround output at 5.1+ it needs to 'steal' the mic port, convert it from input to another output.

Advertisement