Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble 2020 *Spoilers but NO BETTING TALK*

• 26-11-2019 2:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Could Kofi win and be back up to the top again or is he never again going to be in the world title picture?

Maybe Kevin Owens as the top face on Raw now

Or will a NXT star win Adam Cole?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Roman for the men.

It should be Rhea for the women but they'll go with the whingebag, Sasha.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,882 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Well its stone cold Kevin Owens for me, what better event to kick off the Owens era

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,831 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Punk in at number 30 for the win and then on to Main Event WM.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Punk in at number 30 for the win and then on to Main Event WM.

Better chance of me winning the lotto than that ;)

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

I presume at this stage that Brock and Bray will be champs going into Mania, unless something weird happens.

So....I'm leaning towards Roman probably winning, and then being the one to dethrone the Fiend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Lord TSC wrote: »
    I presume at this stage that Brock and Bray will be champs going into Mania, unless something weird happens.

So....I'm leaning towards Roman probably winning, and then being the one to dethrone the Fiend.

Sounds about right. That mania match will be awful. Fiend no selling for 20 minutes and then 40 superman punches and 20 spears later the big dwag stands tall.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

Reigns for the men and Rousey/Banks for the women

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Wouldn’t be shocked if Shayna (dropped her title to Rhea Ripley on takeover before it) then won the rumble to challenge & get revenge on Becky at Mania. Revenge for Ronda and for the post match table spot at survivor series between the two in the match where Bayzler won but (got the victory over Bayley not Lynch) Becky stood tall.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Yea def think its time for Bazler to drop the title since she has pretty much beaten everyone in NXT

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

There is no Takeover before Rumble, unless Shayna faces Rhea in the UK Takeover in January since I guess you could say it's Rhea's home brand.

I'm guessing for this Rumble the NXT entrants won't be a surprise like they have been previous years and a win is more possible for them

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,245 ✭✭✭The White Wolf

Yea def think its time for Bazler to drop the title since she has pretty much beaten everyone in NXT

Only to give it to Rhea who'll beat everyone too. Don't think I could stomach Io jobbing to her so hopefully she's fast tracked to the main roster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Reigns for the men and Rousey/Banks for the women

Is Rousey due back?

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Is Rousey due back?

Yeah, think she seems to be due any time now.

Something that hits me is that this year's Rumble SHOULD be lacking filler in a big way. If NXT is now a "third brand", it should be split 10/10/10, which should cut down on a lot of the filler from Raw and Smackdown. Each brand should be able to put in 10 upper tier talents easily enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,817 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Could they go with a 40 man rumble again

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭jface187

When they had Raw, Smackdown and ECW in the rumble years ago there was also an awkward thing of which belt will the winner go for? Trying to make it seem ECW was in with a shout. Needless to say, no one ever picked the ECW one. One year they even had the ECW Champion in the rumble.

Be interesting to see how they play the NXT angle to make seem as valid as the other two.

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Could they go with a 40 man rumble again

Given they do two Rumbles at a time now, I'd doubt it. From a time point of view, they'd be struggling.

I wouldn't be shocked if an NXT guy won (and then just build up Roman vs Bray seperately). Someone like Keith Lee, or an Adam Cole, that got pushed hard over the last week.

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Given they do two Rumbles at a time now, I'd doubt it. From a time point of view, they'd be struggling.

I wouldn't be shocked if an NXT guy won (and then just build up Roman vs Bray seperately). Someone like Keith Lee, or an Adam Cole, that got pushed hard over the last week.

imagine someone like Cain V or Dominik winning it and they face Brock at mania

The crowd would **** all over it

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭LibSuperstar

Yeah WWE probably isn't ready to pull the trigger on that. If anything it will be a name that will sell [more] tickets for WrestleMania.

Yeah WWE probably isn't ready to pull the trigger on that. If anything it will be a name that will sell [more] tickets for WrestleMania.

Stone cold then

Its amazing how something like that could actually happen nowadays in the wwe world

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

PTH2009 wrote: »
    Stone cold then

Its amazing how something like that could actually happen nowadays in the wwe world

So our options are Velasquez, Dominic or Stone Cold?

No

• Advertisement

Stone Cold for what exactly?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,910 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Stone Cold for what exactly?

A publicity grabbing, unexpected Royal Rumble winner, apparently... :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

It'll be Sheamus for one last run

A publicity grabbing, unexpected Royal Rumble winner, apparently... :pac:

I'd say theres more chance of Hogan winning it before going on to mania in his hometown and dropping the leg on lesnar then Austin coming back to wrestle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Is Lesnar scheduled for a title defence?

Really hope its lesner vs Cain velasquez 2 at the rumble instead of Velasquez winning the rumble and it happening at mania

Reigns for the rumble and him vs the fiend at mania is the most likeliest thing to happen but I'd love for a new winner like Drew McIntyre or Braun to really kick start them to the main event scene. Brock vs McIntyre could be great

As far as I'm concerned the most obvious winners (and last year the two expected winners did win iirc in Rollins & Becky) atm would be:

Roman Reigns (to then go on to face the fiend at Mania)
    Shayna Baszler (to then go on and face Becky at mania)

I don't particularity want to see Brock vs Cain again but I think they could put on a much better contest than last time and don't think they would need a rumble win to set it up.

A surprise return and rumble win for Ronda would be another option for the women I suppose especially playing off the finish to last years rumble and getting the 1 on 1 many argued we should have gotten last time with Becky but I'd still be expecting Shayna especially after how Survivor series ended. Wouldn't even rule out her attacking Becky after her Asuka match at the Rumble (given she has now dropped her NXT title) to pick that thread back up.

edit: Who knows, maybe they will think we are better off with the Mania Main event (if the Male Rumble winner even is the main event) not being fought with that red light throughout it and that Bray could make a mid card Mania match a much bigger thing (maybe even revist his past again by facing Cena or Taker, and try to retire him, again). Bryan could get a shock win at the Rumble and then we are treated to Bryan vs Roman at Mania. That said I doubt the fans would boo Bryan especially now that he is back with the Yes shtick and they wouldn't want Roman to be booed (Personally I'd like face vs face with Roman turning heel in the match to beat Bryan but maybe I'm alone there) so I'd say Fiend/Roman is more likely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I think the Survivor Series main event may have turned them off Becky vs Shayna. If Ronda isn't back then I see a Becky and ugh...Nia feud for Mania.

I'm convinced Sasha is winning the Rumble. She probably had some demands before returning and I'm guessing that, along with ending her 0-4 Mania streak, a Rumble win was one of them.

J. Marston wrote: »
    I think the Survivor Series main event may have turned them off Becky vs Shayna. If Ronda isn't back then I see a Becky and ugh...Nia feud for Mania.

I'm convinced Sasha is winning the Rumble. She probably had some demands before returning and I'm guessing that, along with ending her 0-4 Mania streak, a Rumble win was one of them.

Not saying you might not be right but Nia does not deserve a mainia title match in any way just because she "broke Becky's face" back at the start of the Becky mega-push.

I could actually see Sasha winning though as that would start a Sasha vs Bailey angle between the two buddies leading towards Mania (who the crowd would cheer though I dunno) and tbh I don't see a better match up for Mania on the SD side of the female roster while Becky/Shayna, Becky/Ronda or even Becky/Nia could be set up without the need of a rumble win (Shayna maybe less so but she is ready to change brands).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Johnny Sausage

As long as its not Corbin

I'd like a new winner tbh, AJ styles perhaps to elevate him back to world title scene

Advertisement