Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Royal Rumble 2020 *Spoilers but NO BETTING TALK*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,251 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I was wondering who on the SD roster could feud with Bayley since I'm sure the Lacey stuff will be over by Mania so Sasah could be a good choice. Of course that goes down the route of "ok, now it's my turn to be heel and you be face". But if Sasha wins, a Becky/Nia match is possible for Mania with Nia returning and attacking Becky during her match with Asuka or after. Though that match could take place before Mania at Elimination Chamber.

Slightly off topic, but just looking at the upcoming PPVs to see where Becky could face Nia and between Rumble and Mania, March's Elimination Chamber is the only scheduled main card PPV. Maybe February's Takeover is taking the place of 1 and maybe a Saudi show.

Do WWE do actual surprises anymore?

You'd imagine if Punk was to turn up at the Rumble it'd be something they'd advertise prior.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

Do WWE do actual surprises anymore?

You'd imagine if Punk was to turn up at the Rumble it'd be something they'd advertise prior.

It’s all about social media hits and hype over surprises.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

So now we have Lesnar (the WWE champ) entering the rumble as No. 1, maybe he wants WM off too so winning he wont need to defend his title :p

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    So now we have Lesnar (the WWE champ) entering the rumble as No. 1, maybe he wants WM off too so winning he wont need to defend his title :p

The fact they didn't even address what happens if he wins in his announcement (I think) would lead me to believe he's not going to anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

He's going to be eliminated by Cain methinks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Officer999

Mentioned it in another thread that I think Adam Cole is gonna win this years Royal Rumble and Heyman’s promo last night where he referenced NXT makes it very likely now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,817 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

Think it's time for a new main eventer and that man should win the rumble

Drew McIntyre should be that man, great look and great moveset

I know I ask this every year, but can we get the title updated to state no betting talk?

Of course we still have someone come in who never or rarely posts and posts the favourite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,761 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I know I ask this every year, but can we get the title updated to state no betting talk?

Of course we still have someone come in who never or rarely posts and posts the favourite.

The Rumble is worth going offline from the usual wrestling places the week of the Rumble, between odds of who’s gonna win and possible surprise entrants being confirmed or whatever

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

updated the title and will try to bump the betting thread closer to the time so that people with that desire do have somewhere to go instead of here not that that will stop it from happening though :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,487 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

One thing I really appreciate this year is there's not really a clear front runner for the Rumble. Sometimes, they have a habit of one person basically saying why they should win and no one else doing so, making it more obvious.

This year though....loads of choices.

Roman seems a bit obvious, in terms of setting him up to go against the Fiend.
    Drew has gotten a decent build.
    Go with Seth getting a win thanks to his lackies helping him? Go with a Babyface Brock vs Seth & The Boys?
    Its not beyond the realms of possibility they give it to an NXT guy; I know someone said Cole, but I feel Keith Lee got a LOT of attention at Survivor Series, and he'd be a very believable challenger to Brock.
    Whispers of Edge or Punk returning.
    I hope it's not Cain.

Women's one.... Becky and Asuka being in a singles match makes it look more like a Charlotte win. After that, I can't see really anyone in a position to challange Becky. Unless they bring back Ronda for the shock win, to move towards Becky vs Ronda.

Has to be Corbin's year :pac:

January is always a balls depressing month but the rumble really adds a bit of excitement to it. Only 1 week away and NXT worlds collide could be epic too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,211 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Got an idea to make Aleister a star.

Brock is gonna be number 1, so have Aleister be number 2. His music hits and the lights go out as usual with everyone expecting him to be laying on his little contraption. Except the lights come back on and he's behind Brock. Black Mass and he flips a dazed Brock over the top rope. Aleister sits down cross-legged staring at Brock. Crowd goes nuts.

Instead we'll get faux-MMA bollocks with Brock and Cain.

J. Marston wrote: »
    Got an idea to make Aleister a star.

Brock is gonna be number 1, so have Aleister be number 2. His music hits and the lights go out as usual with everyone expecting him to be laying on his little contraption. Except the lights come back on and he's behind Brock. Black Mass and he flips a dazed Brock over the top rope. Aleister sits down cross-legged staring at Brock. Crowd goes nuts.

Instead we'll get faux-MMA bollocks with Brock and Cain.

Or worse Dominick to eliminate brock

I think the first few guys after Brock will be to make him look strong and he will eliminate them easy and then a challenger appears

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,288 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

CastorTroy wrote: »
    I was wondering who on the SD roster could feud with Bayley since I'm sure the Lacey stuff will be over by Mania so Sasah could be a good choice. Of course that goes down the route of "ok, now it's my turn to be heel and you be face". But if Sasha wins, a Becky/Nia match is possible for Mania with Nia returning and attacking Becky during her match with Asuka or after. Though that match could take place before Mania at Elimination Chamber.

Slightly off topic, but just looking at the upcoming PPVs to see where Becky could face Nia and between Rumble and Mania, March's Elimination Chamber is the only scheduled main card PPV. Maybe February's Takeover is taking the place of 1 and maybe a Saudi show.

Nikki Cross winning ladies rumble match, feuding with Bayley and maybe after then Alexa?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I say this every year about the Rumble and I'll say it again as it's even more relevant in these days of 7 hour Manias but why don't they have a complete surprise winner of the Rumble, like a midcarder you'd never expect like a Cedrick Alexander, a Pete Dunne, or someone like that and spend the next two months building them up, battling with doubt, having people call him a fluke, etc

Plenty of training montages and some strong offence starting off and bob's you're uncle a ready made main event star.

Especially nowadays as the winner of the rumble barely main events Mania, so they're not risking it all on an unexpected winner. And it would put the Rumble over as a unpredictable can't miss event.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Not just Royal Rumble specifically but something that occurred to me a while back. My oldest lad is big in to the wrestling and from what I can see , with shows over this side of the world and whatnot and some talent being from here, they very much acknowledge european fans and their buying power, how come the PPV's are not on saturday nights rather than Sunday seeing as they dont start till 12 or so here. What with kids having school on mondays and adults having work.

I've probably missed an explanation for it at some stage over the years :)

If edge is in the rumble than I think if he doesn't win it he should be eliminated but his potential mania opponent which I think should be AJ Styles

King Corbin nah but with the upcoming saudi bollocks I would be surprised if we get a dream match involving Edge and it could be him vs Styles there

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

Not just Royal Rumble specifically but something that occurred to me a while back. My oldest lad is big in to the wrestling and from what I can see , with shows over this side of the world and whatnot and some talent being from here, they very much acknowledge european fans and their buying power, how come the PPV's are not on saturday nights rather than Sunday seeing as they dont start till 12 or so here. What with kids having school on mondays and adults having work.

I've probably missed an explanation for it at some stage over the years :)

You're in luck, Jim cornette only covered this recently enough!

https://youtu.be/_9_d94lYKxM

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

PTH2009 wrote: »
    If edge is in the rumble than I think if he doesn't win it he should be eliminated but his potential mania opponent which I think should be AJ Styles

King Corbin nah but with the upcoming saudi bollocks I would be surprised if we get a dream match involving Edge and it could be him vs Styles there

I actually think I’d edge comes back it’ll be Rollins he would face.

Could play off the time he threatened to break his neck with the curb stomp

But of course a big if about edge

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,831 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How long before that lad who signs up with a new account every year to drop the betting spoilers appears?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,090 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

I really hope they dont have people pull double duty like having a match and then also entering the rumble although it worked last year with Becky storyline wise.
    With Raw/SD/NXT being represented there is enough talent to make up the rumble but with it being WWE i can see Reigns appearing in the match

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,831 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Seth will have double duty if not triple duty.

They still have Reigns in the graphic even after his match has been announced, so looks like he's staying

• Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭Officer999

Nakamura was the last outsider to win it and I was thinking how I can’t even remember who he faced at Mania for the title? Styles?

Officer999 wrote: »
    Nakamura was the last outsider to win it and I was thinking how I can’t even remember who he faced at Mania for the title? Styles?

Yes it was a poor match and it resulted in the nut punch heel turn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,572 ✭✭✭2ndcoming

From a story point of view the most likely Rumble winner will be Brock's challenger based on him going in at 1.

The best story probably involves that challenger also being an early entrant*, they tease them going at it throughout but someone always gets in the way, til they're the final two, Brock gets dumped, Wrestlemania here we come.

They will probably swerve all that for something totally contrived because it makes too much sense.

*Actually more likely see Brock beasting the first 4 or 5 til someone manages to hold on long enough to get a second body in, then our key challenger will arrive when there's a few bodies in there, around 8-10.

• Advertisement

I wonder will any NXT UK guys/gals get into the rumble matches ???

Walter is apparently unhappy with his main roster ppv debut at Survivor series

Advertisement