Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving a router to a different room

Options
  • 26-11-2019 5:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭

Want to move my router from the hall to my living room, where it can be plugged directly into the TV and all the associated devices.
    How big of a job is this, and is this something my provider needs to do or can an electrician do it?
    I THINK the phone line enters the house closer to the room than where it currently is, but I'm not 100% on that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

If it's a phone line a good quality extension to the incoming phone line to the new location should not have a significant impact on the service

I've moved many over the years.

An electrician can do it.

Are there filters on the incoming box ? If so he'd be better moving it to the new location and using a joint box at the existing connection.

Advertisement