Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

7 working day to transfer funds to UK? No information, no response

Options
  • 26-11-2019 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭

As of today, it's 7 working days since I transferred a small amount to a UK account via 365 online.
    The funds left my account on 18/11 and still are not in the recipient's account.

3 phone calls to Premier Banking; 3 messages through 365 online service desk; 1 promised call back which never happened; and until just now (when I made another call to Premier Banking), nobody told me it takes 7 working days.  This is the 7th working day and still the funds aren't there.

Really unhappy with the 'premier banking' customer service experience.  I've had to chase it up by phone and email all week, get the recipient to check her bank account every day, and arrange for someone to give cash to the person in lieu of the funds that just aren't appearing in her account.

On Friday, after I contacted Premier Banking, my branch contacted me saying the payment had been 'randomly held for verification'.  I verified the details I was asked, and was told that was fine, the payment would go through on Friday evening.  It's Tuesday, and still no sign of it.

Why doesn't advice on the time it takes to transfer funds appear in a pop-up box when transferring?  I'm not even sure if the 7 working days thing is true - I think I've spoken to four different people in BoI about this problem since last Friday, and only the fourth person today raised it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 490 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Jennifer

Hi Grazer,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here today.

We are very sorry to hear that this has been your experience.

Can we ask that you send us a Private Message with as much information as possible such as the full name as it appears on the account the branch your account is held in and your contact information and we would be happy to have this looked into further for you and arrange a call back for you.

Thanks Jen

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭grazer

Hi Grazer,

Can we ask that you send us a Private Message with as much information as possible such as the full name as it appears on the account the branch your account is held in and your contact information and we would be happy to have this looked into further for you and arrange a call back for you.

Thanks Jen
    PM'd you thanks

grazer wrote: »
    Hi Grazer,

Thanks Jen
    PM'd you thanks
    11 days; 9 working days; 4 emails via 365 service desk; 1 pm via Boards; 5 phone calls; and STILL the funds I transferred on 17/11/19 have not appeared in the UK bank account. 
    Where is that money?
    Why can nobody (1) contact me, (2) explain coherently what the problem was / is, and (3) solve it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi Grazer,

Thanks for linking back in with us here.

We've sent you a PM about this if you can take a look.

Many thanks,
    Kat

Hi Grazer,

Thanks for linking back in with us here.

We've sent you a PM about this if you can take a look.

Many thanks,
    Kat
    Thank you.  Unfortunately the pm tells only half the story and doesn't look into what the problem actually was and still is.  
    Somebody rang me from the branch today and actually took control of the issue, got the information, called me back, explained what appears to have gone wrong.  That's what I've been looking for for two weeks.
    There was a problem, and the payment appears to have been returned by the UK bank.  While very annoying, that's ok in the sense that problems happen.  But it has taken me a full week of multiple contacts with BoI through 366 onine, the branch, boards, to find out what was going on.  Not coherent customer service.
    I've passed these comments on via the bank branch and the online complaint form.  Thank you for your help here.   

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 218 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Kathryne

Hi there,

Thanks for coming back to us.

We are very sorry that this has been your experience and we will absolutely forward this onto our customer care team. We appreciate all feedback and will also raise this with your branch.

If you have any further queries please don't hesitate to link in with us here.

Many thanks,
    Kat

Advertisement