Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

C.E. Scheme worried I'm not working enough hours

Options
  • 26-11-2019 6:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,207 ✭✭✭

I started work on a Community Employment (C.E.) scheme this week.

Just worried about making up the required 19.5 hours work per week on the scheme.

I am currently also doing a F.E.T.A.C. Level 5 course one day a week ( will be finished this in three more sessions) , and also volunteer one day a week so these are currently not free days for me.

My supervisor has scheduled my hours as 9.30am to 3pm with one half hour lunch, for the three days I am available to undertake the scheme ( they are aware I volunteer, and attend the course) but I don't think I am clocking up enough hours in those days to make up 19.5 hours.

What hours do you all suggest I do for those 3 days in order to make up the 19.5 hour requirement? Hours of business are from 9.30am to 5pm.

Major confused.

Thanks guys :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭nothing

As others have said elsewhere, you need to speak to your supervisor. They may be allowing the level 5 as training time, no one here can give you an answer

• Registered Users Posts: 2,337 ✭✭✭Loveinapril

If your supervisor has told you to work those hours, then work those hours. Surely you have spoken to them about your query. Why would anonymous Boards users be able to recommend something that needs to be sanctioned by your supervisor anyway?!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,974 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

As you appear to have realised, sometimes these schemes are a con. You are doing the required hours once your supervisor is happy. This may not involve actually working 19.5 hours.

Do what they tell you for now.

But focus on getting a real job instead of a playtime scheme.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭UrbanFret

The hours at the course should be deducted off your 19.5

• Registered Users Posts: 18,574 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

C.E. scheme must have a training component for participants.

Rightly so your supervisor is recording your course time as part of the scheme.

Indeed, depending on what your volunteering at this could also be included in your hours if that suited both you and the supervisor.

Speak to your supervisor about this, if they thought you needed to be doing more hours you would be asked to.

Have you signed any timesheets yet ??

I’ll send you a PM

• Advertisement
Advertisement