Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ETB HR incompetence

• 26-11-2019 7:33pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 247 ✭✭

Hi
    Just wondering if all ETB HR depts. are incompetent?
    My daughters experience:
    1. Put on wrong payscale despite providing evidence.
    2. Not given correct amount of hours pay for subbing she has done.
    3. Lost an important medical document she submitted. Fortunately we had a photocopy.
    4. Inability to answer phone queries (99% of the time).
    5. Passing the teacher over to different HR staff all the time. E.g John deals with x, Mary deals with y.

Why are they so difficult? Are they trying to save money for someone? Are they giving her the runaround because they're incompetent, or is there something we're missing?
    Her school is great, but the pay/contract/terms/HR side of things is dreadful.
    Thanks for reading.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,252 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

It's usually because of understaffing in the Head Offices. You might only have two or three people handling all the staff queries for the whole ETB. They were decimated in the cuts and never recovered. Same thing in many other sections of things like the SEC (such as Financial).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 725 ✭✭✭ethical

Not a fan of ETB,as you may gather from some of my posts but I'd have to agree with Spurious here as regards short staffing in HR depts.
    Mind you Mary,Tony.Chris etc will always have their exorbitant expenses paid on time .....to the detriment of the young teacher who survives from parental handouts until ETB decides to pay them.....and mislaying paperwork is a great way for them to keep money in their bank a/c for longer ........and fcuk mr/ms young teacher in the process!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 Mayberry

In my experience very poor for reasons mentioned above. However they do seem to pull through in the end. I'm in employed by the etb and so far many things have happened that took much more time to sort out than should have.

1. On an outdated payscale meaning I was being overpaid for while. Looked for overpayment back straight away
    2. On a payscale that seemed to be a work of fiction resulting in underpayment for several years. Took more a year to receive back pay
    3. Bank holiday pay not paid in 10 years (I'm in a part time non teaching position). Rectified but still waiting on remittance of back pay for a year
    4. At least half of queries take so long to get sorted that staff have changed positions within the ETB.
    5. Loss of documents
    6. 50 phone calls and several emails before a query is sorted (although everyone is very nice to deal with its frustrating explaining same thing over and over)

I could go on and on.

Advertisement