Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applying for a mortgage, about to buy a car

• 26-11-2019 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭

I will be applying for a mortgage with my fiance soon. We are told we would get a mortgage up to 280,000 but we will only want about 150,000 - 180,000. I am currently driving a few different older cars but I was thinking of selling one of these for approximately €6000 (which is about 4500 more than I paid for it. Although if I put it in one of our sheds it is a low mileage appreciating classic so if I dont need to sell it I won't) and getting something more modern. The car I want costs 22500 and would require a loan of between 15-20,000 as I don't want to eat into my savings that I will need for the mortgage deposit.

What way should I go about this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,588 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Any borrowing, i.e. car or personal loans, will affect the amount the bank are willing to lend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,135 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Get the car after you get the house.

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Capra

Will the mortgage make it any more difficult to get the car loan? Its not a huge amount.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 478 ✭✭closifer

Wait until after mortgage is drawn down to get car loan. We got one two months after drawdown with no-issue.

Advertisement