Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking at the train station early morning.

• 26-11-2019 10:35pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,807 ✭✭✭

Is morning parking at the train station straightforward? I want to park the car there for a day, getting the 7.40am train to Dublin next Wed.

Are there generally adequate spaces? I don't want to arrive at 7.15 and find there's no space. If it's very full at that hour, I'll just get a taxi.

Any info appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,810 ✭✭✭Eoinbmw

Starts filling up from around 8.30 usually pretty empty at your arrival time!

• Registered Users Posts: 53 ✭✭somespud

This crowd look after the parking charges.
    https://www.apcoaconnect.ie/

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭bigpink

You be wil be fine
    Try park as far into the station as you can tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭lockman

I took an 08:55 h train to Dublin recently (on a Wednesday). When I arrived at ~ 08:15 h, there were plenty of spaces still available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

As the annoying metal barrier has now been removed, there are two choices:

1. Download the Apcoa app and pay €3.50 for the day. You just insert your registration into the app.

There's no paper ticket. The company check if you have bought parking with a handheld device.

2. Put coins into the machine in the car park. I think it's €4.50.

Not sure if it's a paper ticket for your dashboard or you put your registration into the car park machine.

Parking seems ample in the early morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 204 ✭✭topcat72

MAKE SURE YOU HAVE THE CORRECT COINS for the machine, if using coins . It does not give change. have a hanful of 1's 2 and 50c .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

Jimbob1977 wrote: »

1. Download the Apcoa app and pay €3.50 for the day. You just insert your registration into the app.

Do you know if using the app allows you to book a space in advance, or do you simply pay using the app when you arrive? If parking there, I'd just like to avoid not getting a space and then having to find somewhere else to park for the day.

• Registered Users Posts: 243 ✭✭md323

eljono wrote: »
    Do you know if using the app allows you to book a space in advance, or do you simply pay using the app when you arrive? If parking there, I'd just like to avoid not getting a space and then having to find somewhere else to park for the day.

There is always plenty of spaces to park, no need to worry.
    You cant book a spot in advance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,767 ✭✭✭eljono

md323 wrote: »
    There is always plenty of spaces to park, no need to worry.
    You cant book a spot in advance.

Great to know, thanks

Advertisement