Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Week 13 Thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

All the people who've left the Panthers stadium early :P

At least Haskins stayed till the end of the game this week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,085 ✭✭✭✭BonnieSituation

108-68 (0.613) coming in

Bears @ Lions
    Bills @ Cowboys
    Saints @ Falcons
    Jets @ Bengals
    Titans @ Colts
    Eagles @ Dolphins
    Packers @ Giants
    Browns @ Steelers
    Redskins @ Panthers
    Buccaneers @ Jaguars
    49ers @ Ravens
    Rams @ Cardinals
    Chargers @ Broncos
    Raiders @ Chiefs
    Patriots @ Texans
    Vikings @ Seahawks

---

I'm not at all confident about a lot of those. Should be a great weekend.

And nor should I have been.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

I wish Justin Tucker was a Bear.

I wish Robbie Gould were a bear.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,702 ✭✭✭MileHighGuy

Goff might get to 300 yards passing by the half.... And I picked Arizona to win!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,156 ✭✭✭✭Foxtrol

adrian522 wrote: »
    I wish Robbie Gould were a bear.

So far this season he hasn't come close to that new contract but can't really blame him for today. The rain was much worse for his kick before the half and it was a great play to tip it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,139 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Foxtrol wrote: »
    So far this season he hasn't come close to that new contract but can't really blame him for today. The rain was much worse for his kick before the half and it was a great play to tip it

I'm pretty sure he told Shanahan to pass it on 4th and 1 as well. We all know who is to blame here.

Wow, I don't think I've ever seen a crowd actually laugh so loudly at a field goal attempt before.

Denver's D is so strange this year, generally they've been playing well, and it has been a bright spot in general (I guess) but I can't remember ever seeing a defense that goes to crap when the chips are down as much as this one. Last minute drives, any time they need to make a stop, they come up short time and time again.

I couldn't believe they tried to pass on that 4th & 1, and from that particular formation as well. They were gashing them on the ground.

I couldn't believe they tried to pass on that 4th & 1, and from that particular formation as well. They were hashing them on the ground.

That makes 2 of us.

• Advertisement

I actually can barely watch us this year.

There's just no identity with the team.

Well, that being said, the sideline gear tonight with the orange bronco is rather tasty, so at least there's some positive.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

I normally do try to watch some of the late window games on a Sunday but honestly after how the eagles game went I’m not especially in the mood to watch football.

Absolutely pathetic sequence of plays from Denver there...fans will not like that. Reminds me of the famous half a loaf game.... Or the john fox kneeldown.

My god that last sequence from us there was a Shambles. It was Vance Joseph embarrassing.

49ers tried to out Ravens the Ravens. They came at the King and missed.

Itssoeasy wrote:
    I normally do try to watch some of the late window games on a Sunday but honestly after how the eagles game went I’m not especially in the mood to watch football.

.... Not to mention the fare that's being served up is pretty poor.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

They should have let mc manus have a go at it ,would have been a record if he got it.

They should have let mc manus have a go at it ,would have been a record if he got it.

But the risk... I mean if you're conceding TDs from that distance out with 1second on the clock, McManus missing is not your problem.

Awful stuff.

Goff dealing tonight. Where has he been the last 5 weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,366 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

.... Not to mention the fare that's being served up is pretty poor.

Oh well it might be a blessing then in a weird way.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭dfx-

Bengals, Dolphins and Steelers wins all impacting the lads on the predictions on the first page.

Pittsburgh now half a game behind where they were last year having Ben and AB instead of practice squad RBs and WRs and undrafted QB.

49ers tried to out Ravens the Ravens. They came at the King and missed.

Not sure what that's supposed to mean to be honest, doesn't make much sense.

Wadman has to be one of the worst punters in the league. His knee bailed out the offense there though.

You wouldn't think the raiders actually had a chance to tie the chiefs at 7-5 had they won this game... There is such a gulf between these teams.

Please don't let this go to ot

No one needs more of this.

Hon Brandon!

Hayward Jr's P45 is already under the wiper of his vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭rebelyell99

Happy Denver won so Drew could get his first win but man this team has a lot of holes to plug if it wants to contend any time soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,967 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Our offense is back, finally. Go Patriots!

We didn't get a td but we moved down the field smoothly and I'm expecting us to put up a big score tonight.

• Advertisement

Few quid on Patriots to cover the spread.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,861 ✭✭✭Mysterypunter

Green bay flags won again, Aaron Rodgers is 36 today, they are in some trouble when he retires.

Although I'd rather a Texans win.

Texans shredding the Patriots to smithereens through the air.

14-3 with 6 mins left in the half.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,326 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

Patriots offense continues to be turgid. So difficult to watch.

I hope the Patriots inserted a buy-back clause into the Jimmy G trade.

Brady is finished.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

I hope the Patriots inserted a buy-back clause into the Jimmy G trade.

Brady is finished.

I think he might have heard that before?
    His ancient muscles are only getting warmed up for the AFC championship game.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭Still Ill

Interesting second half coming up. Patriots O have to deliver. Not been in this position many times this season

Brady is finished.
    I think that's exactly what he needs to hear people saying.

Patriots offense obviously didn't get everybody on the same page at halftime. I think if the Texans score on this drive that it's game over..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,859 ✭✭✭ionadnapokot

eagle eye wrote: »

It would also help if a few guys could get open for him!

Not many options if at all. Edelman looks off his best.

• Advertisement

That's the game right there. Patriots aren't playing anywhere near good enough to turn this around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,915 ✭✭✭✭Realt Dearg Sec

Jaysus they're never bet until the last whistle.

Brady is finished.

At some point this will be true but he isn't far off what he was during previous years where they were successful. During that time he mostly took what was there, there just isn't as much there to take so far. Not sure if it is the playcalling, the quality of the receivers, or Brady's trust in them (or a mix of all 3).
    eagle eye wrote: »

If he does then he's not half the competitor people claim he is. He shouldn't need people talking him or the team down to perform.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 45,433 ✭✭✭✭thomond2006

The Patriots are missing Josh Gordon. With hindsight, his release was strange.

The trade for Sanu hasn't worked out so far either. Probably made worse by the fact that they could have gotten Sanders for less trade capital and made the cap work.

I'm sure there'll be calls from the fan base to look at Brown. It would be the mother of all u-turns to go tail between their tails back to him. Don't see Kraft doing it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,066 ✭✭✭Christy42

Foxtrol wrote: »
    The trade for Sanu hasn't worked out so far either. Probably made worse by the fact that they could have gotten Sanders for less trade capital and made the cap work.

I'm sure there'll be calls from the fan base to look at Brown. It would be the mother of all u-turns to go tail between their tails back to him. Don't see Kraft doing it.

I foresee a season long ban for Brown the instant anyone seriously looks at him anyway so not worth it.

Sanu is probably drawing a bit more coverage than he is used to. I mean if you have a top corner who doesn't travel into the slot, it is either cover him or Meyers.

Honestly I can see why they made the move. Gordon was hurt and Brady has done better with far worse players in the past.

Christy42 wrote: »
    I foresee a season long ban for Brown the instant anyone seriously looks at him anyway so not worth it.

Sanu is probably drawing a bit more coverage than he is used to. I mean if you have a top corner who doesn't travel into the slot, it is either cover him or Meyers.

Honestly I can see why they made the move. Gordon was hurt and Brady has done better with far worse players in the past.

I understand the move for a WR but I think they went for the wrong one that was on the market. Sanders has looked better despite dealing with a rib injury for most of his time since the trade.

I'd also question how injured Gordon was at the time, it really sounds like it was another issue. He has been able to play since leaving the Patriots, even if his stats aren't great. With his physical attributes he at minimum draw that attention from CBs you mention.

Brady was made to look a lot worse last night than he is. It's quite clear that Harry and Sanu are not up to speed yet. Brady threw the ball to where he expected receivers to be and they weren't in the vicinity. Some of them were struggling to get open and other times running wrong routes.
    A lot of work to be done and it needs to be done quickly because we have the Chiefs next and we have to play the Bills again.

I don't think they miss him at all. You can't miss what you never had. He wasn't the Josh Gordon of old. He never developed trust from Brady, and quite frankly he looked very out of shape when he was on the field earlier this year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement