Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vodafone - unlimited data, calls and texts for €10

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

Fann Linn wrote: »
    Two months ago you said you had everything free. Now you're saying it's gone. I thought it was a 6 month contract?

That's what they told me...

R3CrhI6.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,821 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

Boxfresh wrote: »
    That's what they told me...

R3CrhI6.jpg

Comreg is your man.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭msmx5

Is this offer still active with anyone who got the original text? I topped up by €10 last week and it never worked. I'm on chat with support all week trying to sort it.

Yes I topped up today and got "unlimited offer" renewed OK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Boxfresh

msmx5 wrote: »
    Yes I topped up today and got "unlimited offer" renewed OK.

What plan were you on when you got the text in November?

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,843 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Were you moved over onto their new system in the past two months?

• Registered Users Posts: 308 ✭✭donnyvegas

Can someone please summarize what this bargain is?

I was on the Student plan - the now discontinued one. €20 for 15GB and keep the €20 credit. In fact I am still on this plan - but now when I top up by €10 I get a text to say Vodafone "have just added my promotional unlimited data,calls and texts to my account to use for the next 28days...."
    Quackster wrote: »
    Were you moved over onto their new system in the past two months?

Nope still on the old system.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 1,923 Mod ✭✭✭✭karltimber

Hi,
    I was on that student plan, but since a VF upgrade last week, the new app won't show me anything. Did a chat with VF today and they gifted me e20 but asked which X plan I wanted. How do I get my old student plan re-instated. Rimg them monday ? is there a specific number to call as payg for this ?

karltimber wrote: »
    Hi,
    I was on that student plan, but since a VF upgrade last week, the new app won't show me anything. Did a chat with VF today and they gifted me e20 but asked which X plan I wanted. How do I get my old student plan re-instated. Rimg them monday ? is there a specific number to call as payg for this ?

Tried to log in to check there now but yet another "maintenance on Vodafone IE" event so app is useless. Its incredible how crap the app has become over the last few months; the new customer system being the straw that breaks the camels back. Can't understand how Vodafone think this new system is an improvement. In the app, the slow load times, jerky display as page dynamically forms (briefly showing sections that don't end up part of the final display) gives me a headache!

If they've messed up my account migration I'll be moving to GoMo - approx 25 years with Vodafone (since 088) ~ its a good network but the CS, poor app, and higher prices are bugging me!

I'll report back if/when I can get into the app next.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 229 ✭✭lenoude

msmx5 wrote: »
    Tried to log in to check there now but yet another "maintenance on Vodafone IE" event so app is useless. Its incredible how crap the app has become over the last few months; the new customer system being the straw that breaks the camels back. Can't understand how Vodafone think this new system is an improvement. In the app, the slow load times, jerky display as page dynamically forms (briefly showing sections that don't end up part of the final display) gives me a headache!

If they've messed up my account migration I'll be moving to GoMo - approx 25 years with Vodafone (since 088) ~ its a good network but the CS, poor app, and higher prices are bugging me!

I'll report back if/when I can get into the app next.

It seems the website is under maintenance too. The app was working earlier today for myself on Android so with a bit of luck everything will be working in the morning

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83,517 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

The app is complete thrash, how the prime network in Ireland provides this is unknown, absolute complete ultra rubbish.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

The app is complete thrash, how the prime network in Ireland provides this is unknown, absolute complete ultra rubbish.

Simply put, they're not the prime network and haven't been for a long time, but still have that perception out there.

Crap app, poor customer service, overpriced and poor value generally, and the "best" network is not really any better than the rest nowadays particularly indoors (I had a suresignal that they charged me 100 quid for and which was OK.. Until I read they were prone to overheating and becoming a fire hazard or just stop working. Then they discontinued them with no WiFi calling alternative).

Been with them twice. There won't be a third time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

_Kaiser_ wrote: »
    Simply put, they're not the prime network and haven't been for a long time, but still have that perception out there.

Crap app, poor customer service, overpriced and poor value generally, and the "best" network is not really any better than the rest nowadays particularly indoors (I had a suresignal that they charged me 100 quid for and which was OK.. Until I read they were prone to overheating and becoming a fire hazard or just stop working. Then they discontinued them with no WiFi calling alternative).

Been with them twice. There won't be a third time.

Still the best network IMO. I’m on the data user plan from way back - 15gb data, all call, texts and 100 international mins for €20 per month. Bullet proof signal and data speeds anywhere I go. I have had no need to interact with CS. App is horseshít though. Has never been great but the last iteration was far better than the current offering. It’s terrible, but then again, I don’t need it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I still think they've the best network by a fair shot. My own phone is Vodafone and the work phone is 3 and the data 95% of the time is way better on Vodafone but my god Vodafones customer care is horrendous. I moved my home phone and broadband back to Vodafone nearly 14 days ago and I still haven't received my modem, they can't locate my account, tell me the customer number they text me is wrong, tell me I ordered MBB, simply put they don't know their ass from their elbow. My services have left Sky so I know it's live with Vodafone.They sent me a second modem because the first never arrived and that hasn't been delivered yet either. They could really do with a customer care transformation- I'd be only happy to take the lead :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 838 ✭✭✭autumnalcore

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    I moved my home phone and broadband back to Vodafone nearly 14 days ago and I still haven't received my modem, simply put they don't know their ass from their elbow

I mived back to vodafone after 5 years and was astounded to discover they still didnt have unified login. When you try to go from home to mobile my vodafone it randomly redirects you back and vice versa. Zero investment in the 5 years that I was away.

When the entire vodafone at home network was down countrywide a couple of weeks ago. The customer service reps were outright lying to customers unbelievable carry on.

Definutely the best mobile network though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,715 ✭✭✭corks finest

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    I still think they've the best network by a fair shot. My own phone is Vodafone and the work phone is 3 and the data 95% of the time is way better on Vodafone but my god Vodafones customer care is horrendous. I moved my home phone and broadband back to Vodafone nearly 14 days ago and I still haven't received my modem, they can't locate my account, tell me the customer number they text me is wrong, tell me I ordered MBB, simply put they don't know their ass from their elbow. My services have left Sky so I know it's live with Vodafone.They sent me a second modem because the first never arrived and that hasn't been delivered yet either. They could really do with a customer care transformation- I'd be only happy to take the lead :D

Get onto VF on Twitter,they will answer especially if you don't send it via pm,,,,,they responded to me sharpish when I publicly aired my grievance

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,786 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I mived back to vodafone after 5 years and was astounded to discover they still didnt have unified login. When you try to go from home to mobile my vodafone it randomly redirects you back and

They do but I think that's why it went to pot. The address on my mobile account is not the same as the broadband and despite giving them the broadband address everything was down under the mobile address if that makes sense. I shouldn't have tried putting them on the one account- I'd likely have no problem then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,946 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

When the entire vodafone at home network was down countrywide a couple of weeks ago. The customer service reps were outright lying to customers unbelievable carry on.

Definutely the best mobile network though.

See for me, stuff like you describe in your first paragraph completely outweigh the second.

I don't use my phone as my primary broadband solution though and I'm not doing anything on it that's particularly data intensive or in places where I have no WiFi or coverage. That's with eir/GoMo.

Therefore decent support, reliable billing and value for money are far more important to me. No point having a great network if its a nightmare dealing with them when something goes wrong at the back end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 594 ✭✭✭Dazzy

I got the text offering €10 a month for 6 months for everything. After 2 months it disappeared. It's been a huge ordeal trying to convince them that the deal existed in the first place and to get it back. They "made up" reasons as to why I am no longer getting it and I have had to prove them wrong to try and keep it.
    VF haven't a clue what they are doing. It seems like there is a complete lack on communication internally.

Dazzy wrote: »
    I got the text offering €10 a month for 6 months for everything. After 2 months it disappeared. It's been a huge ordeal trying to convince them that the deal existed in the first place and to get it back. They "made up" reasons as to why I am no longer getting it and I have had to prove them wrong to try and keep it.
    VF haven't a clue what they are doing. It seems like there is a complete lack on communication internally.

Feel your pain,I was lied blatantly too aswell,but started screenshotting everything, passing on via VF Twitter, think they aren't passing on the full story to each customer care rep so you have to constantly go over your problem details etc, frustrating yes, but it is what it is.
    On tbe plus side I dealt with eir for Yonks and are a whole different breed altogether, awful.
    VF have not charged me since Christmas as I promptly told them I'd no intention of paying for a service I'm not receiving,
    I've had 4/ 5 different modems,2 engineers, contacted Siro myself who basically told me that VF have/ had an ongoing network problem in Cork,my advice is stick with it

• Advertisement

Is there a way to contact VF customer service from a non-vf phone. Like a 1800 number or 01-xxx number.

I can't use my vf phone as it can't ring out.

Thx

Is there a way to contact VF customer service from a non-vf phone. Like a 1800 number or 01-xxx number.

I can't use my vf phone as it can't ring out.

Thx

https://n.vodafone.ie/content/dam/gowingmyself/pdfs/Final%20Complaints%20Code%20of%20Practice%20FP%20Dec%202017.pdf

:)

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭mcgucc22

Dazzy wrote: »

I actually came here to check if this had happened anyone else. I got a call back in January asking me would I move back to Vodafone from GoMo and I was offered the Vodafone X weekend deal for €10 for life.

2 months in, I have yet to be put on the plan and any customer service agent I speak to has no knowledge of this ever being offered. I’ve asked them to get the original call listened to, to prove I’m not making it up but it’s dragged on a while now. I only moved back because they matched the price of the GoMo deal!

mcgucc22 wrote: »
    I actually came here to check if this had happened anyone else. I got a call back in January asking me would I move back to Vodafone from GoMo and I was offered the Vodafone X weekend deal for €10 for life.

2 months in, I have yet to be put on the plan and any customer service agent I speak to has no knowledge of this ever being offered. I’ve asked them to get the original call listened to, to prove I’m not making it up but it’s dragged on a while now. I only moved back because they matched the price of the GoMo deal!

Some bloody salespeople are unreal,I've experienced same with most providers including electric Ireland and B Gais

I got thru to customer services earlier and was informed that I am still on the student package, with 15gb and you keep the e20.

But on the app, it shows nothing. I can see in the history section that a topup was done, and the agent bought me the 100 mins that I usually get. But that is it. No other "usage", "add-ons" etc.

anyone else have this issue ?

K

I got thru to customer services earlier and was informed that I am still on the student package, with 15gb and you keep the e20.

But on the app, it shows nothing. I can see in the history section that a topup was done, and the agent bought me the 100 mins that I usually get. But that is it. No other "usage", "add-ons" etc.

anyone else have this issue ?

K

Since the platform "upgrade" last week (I eventually got into the app) my Student plan is now listed/described as "Free texts to any network and free internet (Exclusive)". (in the section below the circle with credit balance and above the "Top up" red button.

I also got the the €10 offer by text (back in November) and since last weeks changes :-
    • my calls and texts allowance both show "Unlimited"
    • data says I have 4.2gb of 5gb left of a PAYG add-on.

Funny thing is there are 20 x 5gb add-ons applied so looks to be the same as the 99.99gb I got last month. They certainly know how to confuse people - but in this case it looks ok for the moment. Lets see what happens next month.

Advertisement