Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2020 in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 709 ✭✭✭weadick

Email today with an offer in Cork, I was about 90 on the panel before the interviews

What department did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

weadick wrote: »
    What department did you get?

Central Statistics Office.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Connacht15

Any word on movement in the Galway TCO panel yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Scouseouse

Has anyone been called for interview anywhere since the lockdown began?
    Or if you haven't been called for interview yet, is it safe to assume you are not going to be considered for any TCO vacancies this year?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,200 ✭✭✭I am me123

Just a question on the 'lifespan' of a panel of candidates that is drawn up by P.A.S.

I have read a panel of candidates usually has an 18 month lifespan.
    Does this '18 months' start from when candidates get notified of passing the assessment questionnaire or the interview stage, anyone know?

Thank you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭doc22

I am me123 wrote: »
    Just a question on the 'lifespan' of a panel of candidates that is drawn up by P.A.S.

I have read a panel of candidates usually has an 18 month lifespan.
    Does this '18 months' start from when candidates get notified of passing the assessment questionnaire or the interview stage, anyone know?

Thank you.

temp panels are yearly

doc22 wrote: »
    temp panels are yearly

So temporary clerical officer panels only last 12 months?

Is that starting from notification passing assessment or interview, or both?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

So temporary clerical officer panels only last 12 months?

Is that starting from notification passing assessment or interview, or both?

Temp panel is different to others. In recent years the campaign opens in late Nov/ early Dec and the panel runs from Jan/Feb until Dec 31st.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭pjcpolly

Offered a contract in Wexford.....things are moving a bit now from what I can see

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 895 ✭✭✭furrybones

pjcpolly wrote: »
    Offered a contract in Wexford.....things are moving a bit now from what I can see

Congratulations!

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭dutchy15

pjcpolly wrote: »

Congratulations. What number were you on the panel?

• Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭jules5417

Donegal panel is moving just got offer but unfortunately it’s not for my area.
    Just wondering anyone that’s done TCO before is there any chance you can be kept on after contact finishes. Allot seem to be 10 week contracts. Is this you finished until you apply for next competition??

Yes that's it. I once got a year contract but it really is luck of the draw what contract you get

jules5417 wrote: »
    Yes that's it. I once got a year contract but it really is luck of the draw what contract you get

Well done. What number were you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

I have a contract offer that brings me up until June next year, If I still wanted to be on next years panel is it possible to apply and interview while on a contract?

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

I have a contract offer that brings me up until June next year, If I still wanted to be on next years panel is it possible to apply and interview while on a contract?

Yes :)

• Registered Users Posts: 33 Phil92

Just got offered a place in Blanchardstown. Not sure whether or not to take it, I'm wary of taking on a temporary position when there's very few jobs going right now in my industry.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

Phil92 wrote: »
    Just got offered a place in Blanchardstown. Not sure whether or not to take it, I'm wary of taking on a temporary position when there's very few jobs going right now in my industry.

Why are you wary of taking it? You can leave the contract any time you like if you get another job in your industry.

laoisgem wrote: »
    Why are you wary of taking it? You can leave the contract any time you like if you get another job in your industry.

Totally agree. Can't see any reason why you wouldn't take it. How long is contract for? You're lucky you have got an offer

What was your OOM?

• Advertisement

laoisgem wrote: »

I work in hospitality, so that's not really a given at the moment. The email seems to indicate that I'll only get any more detail than "it's a contract in Blanchardstown" once I express interest.

So I could end up getting a three month contract and not have anything afterwards

I work in hospitality, so that's not really a given at the moment. The email seems to indicate that I'll only get any more detail than "it's a contract in Blanchardstown" once I express interest.

So I could end up getting a three month contract and not have anything afterwards

3 months work is better than no work.

dutchy15 wrote: »
    3 months work is better than no work.

I have steady employment right now, was lucky enough to have a job in a production facility. It's a small team though, so unlikely they could hold my job for me or anything like that

What was your OOM?

Around 600

You were offer a 3 month contract, dont expect anything after that.

TCO contracts are rarely extended. You might get lucky but I wouldn't be dependent on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,928 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

I have steady employment right now, was lucky enough to have a job in a production facility. It's a small team though, so unlikely they could hold my job for me or anything like that

Do not quit a permanent job for a temporary one. That would be dumb.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭PinkLady2016

I got a call about a placement in Dept of justice to start this month but I just got an email to say that they wont be taking me on now due to the fact that they are working remotely and that it not possible for me to work remotely. They said that i will remain on the panel for my area. Im so devastated as I was looking forward to starting a new job soon. I have been out of work since January. Does anyone here think I will be called again elsewhere or is that it for the year?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

I got a call about a placement in Dept of justice to start this month but I just got an email to say that they wont be taking me on now due to the fact that they are working remotely and that it not possible for me to work remotely. They said that i will remain on the panel for my area. Im so devastated as I was looking forward to starting a new job soon. I have been out of work since January. Does anyone here think I will be called again elsewhere or is that it for the year?

You must have been at the top of the list to have been offered a position, so they will just place you back onto the panel where you were, ie next in line for a vacancy when one arises. Hope it works out for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭PinkLady2016

You must have been at the top of the list to have been offered a position, so they will just place you back onto the panel where you were, ie next in line for a vacancy when one arises. Hope it works out for you.

I sent them an email. Im No 3 on the panel. Said that I have been put back on it. They cant give me a time limit on when I may get a place Just have to wait if any Dept needs staff.

• Advertisement

I got a call about a placement in Dept of justice to start this month but I just got an email to say that they wont be taking me on now due to the fact that they are working remotely and that it not possible for me to work remotely.

This might be due to the hold on Phase 4 of the reopening (that was due on the 10th of August).

Unfortunately as things stands it does not look like we will be moving to Phase 4 on the 31st August either :(

Advertisement