Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2020 in the Civil and Public Service

Options
1222324252628»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭I am me123

Hi all.

How long before your current contract is due to expire are you usually informed if your contract is going to be extended or not, as the case may be?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

I am me123 wrote: »
    Hi all.

How long before your current contract is due to expire are you usually informed if your contract is going to be extended or not, as the case may be?

Thanks

Ideally, They should tell you about four weeks before the end of your contract, whether or not, they intend to extend or terminate your contract. However, the official requirement is by the date of expiration of your contract.

Abstract from "GUIDELINES ON BEST PRACTICE FOR THE RECRUITMENT AND MANAGEMENT OF FIXED-TERM EMPLOYEES IN THE IRISH CIVIL SERVICE" (last updated: 12 July 2019)

4.2 Notification of renewal

Under Section 8(2) of the 2003 Act, where the employer proposes to renew the contract, he or she must notify the employee in writing of the intention to renew the contract stating, as fully and comprehensively as possible, the objective grounds for not issuing a contract of indefinite duration. This must be done, at the very latest, by the date of renewal.

Ideally, They should tell you about four weeks before the end of your contract, whether or not, they intend to extend or terminate your contract. However, the official requirement is by the date of expiration of your contract.

Thanks.
    I am on 'an open contract for a minimum of 8 weeks' ..the 8 weeks will be up by the end of this
    week so I guess I will be told by end of this week either way. Fingers crossed for a good outcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

Thanks.
    I am on 'an open contract for a minimum of 8 weeks' ..the 8 weeks will be up by the end of this
    week so I guess I will be told by end of this week either way. Fingers crossed for a good outcome.

I am in a similar position and still there almost 7 months later, they should have told you by now if they weren't going to extend another 8 weeks, best of luck.

cvb03 wrote: »
    I am in a similar position and still there almost 7 months later, they should have told you by now if they weren't going to extend another 8 weeks, best of luck.

Thank you. ❤

• Advertisement

Anyone know when the next permanent Clerical Officer campaign is due to commence?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Anyone know when the next permanent Clerical Officer campaign is due to commence?

From reading the threads on here it’s feb or March.

From reading the threads on here it’s feb or March.

Thanks. Im currently a TCO whose 8 week contract elapsed just before Christmas but wasnt informed about whats happening with the next 8 weeks or beyond that. Would it be advisable to apply for the next permanent CO campaign?

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭Irishphotodesk

Thanks. Im currently a TCO whose 8 week contract elapsed just before Christmas but wasnt informed about whats happening with the next 8 weeks or beyond that. Would it be advisable to apply for the next permanent CO campaign?

Thank you.

I’m not sure I’m the best person to take advice from, I have applied for the TCO role and currently working as self employed for the past 20yrs.

For what it’s worth, I see no harm in being ambitious and aiming for a permanent position.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭NomadicGray

Thank you.

Of course it would

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

Did anyone get hired from TCO 2020 panel in Limerick. I was 41 and got nothing. Maybe they didn't hire anyone.

Also I have sources that tell me a ban on public sector recruitment could be brought in again.

I was denied a 12 month extension in a public sector job not connected to public jobs. I was denied due to a refusal of government funding.

• Registered Users Posts: 566 ✭✭✭Mollywolly

Lisa2011 wrote: »
    Did anyone get hired from TCO 2020 panel in Limerick. I was 41 and got nothing. Maybe they didn't hire anyone.

Also I have sources that tell me a ban on public sector recruitment could be brought in again.

I was denied a 12 month extension in a public sector job not connected to public jobs. I was denied due to a refusal of government funding.

I was OOM 147, interviewed and wasn't hired. I've also just received a message on the portal that the panel has been closed.

Here's hoping for better luck with the 2021 panel.

• Registered Users Posts: 444 ✭✭Lisa2011

Mollywolly wrote: »
    I was OOM 147, interviewed and wasn't hired. I've also just received a message on the portal that the panel has been closed.

Here's hoping for better luck with the 2021 panel.

We can be hopeful but the majority of staff in the likes of Revenue and the DEASP work from home.

Restrictions might play a decision on whether they continue with the TCO this year. These positions don’t lead to being made permanent. Such a shame. I have over two years done as a TCO on different contracts.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 dervoc

what are the best aplitude test to practice

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭furrybones

For anyone having issues downloading the familiarisation material - if you right click on the "Click Here" and copy the link to your browser it will download.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 1 mr worried

Got a Stage 2 offer for Co Dublin a few weeks ago that I ignored as I assumed Dublin was split by City/County

Ive just learned that its not - Am I fucked now as Dublin was my only location choice

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭laoisgem

Probably yes but might be worth ringing and telling them the email went into your spam folder and your only seeing it now. You've got nothing to lose by making the call. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 DublinWexican

This happened me before and I missed out on an interview. Got a different spam filter now to avoid it ever happening again.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 competition

Just wondering what the board asks at TCO interview?

Thanks

Advertisement