Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2020 in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

Has anyone who Interviewed recently received an offer yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 manus35

ahnu90 wrote: »
    Is anyone else having problems with the garda vetting formatting? Can't get it to print properly from google or desktop, doing my head in!
    Prints fine from word on a hp printer.

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭furrybones

lucy2010 wrote: »
    Has anyone who Interviewed recently received an offer yet?

It's my understanding that results of the interviews won't be known until 10-14 days after the interviews take place and then a panel is formed. If that's the case, it will be a while before offers are made.

I had my interview on the 22nd and was told I would know if I made the panel in about 10 days. Hoping to hear one way or the other soon.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭lucy2010

furrybones wrote: »
    It's my understanding that results of the interviews won't be known until 10-14 days after the interviews take place and then a panel is formed. If that's the case, it will be a while before offers are made.

I had my interview on the 22nd and was told I would know if I made the panel in about 10 days. Hoping to hear one way or the other soon.

Perfect thanks . I was on the 24th so curious as to how long it would take to hear - either way .

• Registered Users Posts: 20 manus35

Well,they will still be interviewing next week at beginning of February so I would say it will be even longer,
    Mind you, different Counties will have different panels and it will likely differ from County to County

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11 MrsMiller

cvb03 wrote: »
    No problem.They use the application form that you submitted online to form their questions and ask you things based on your application form. Reading over that will also help you too. Best of luck.

Thank you so much I really do appreciate your help. Best of luck to you too.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 chris16

manus35 wrote: »
    Well,they will still be interviewing next week at beginning of February so I would say it will be even longer,
    Mind you, different Counties will have different panels and it will likely differ from County to County

Hard to know. I have heard one year of some departments looking for people in February. Who knows?? Also I remember one year for the permanent competition being told it would take 2 weeks to get back to me but it took a week!

manus35 wrote: »

I wondered if they meant 10-14 days after all of the interviews are done, or each batch. I guess all we can do is wait and see what happens.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

I wondered if they meant 10-14 days after all of the interviews are done, or each batch. I guess all we can do is wait and see what happens.

I had my interview on Friday and they said about 9 or 10 days I should hear something.

I had my interview on Friday and they said about 9 or 10 days I should hear something.

Oh that's great, that's what they told me too. Hopefully we'll hear by Friday then :) Best of luck!

• Advertisement

Each Batch I was told

• Registered Users Posts: 4,005 ✭✭✭Green farmer

Just want to get my head around the TCO positions. Their usually for 3 months, but can in some circumstances be extended a number of times, up to a maximum of 18 months. At the end, there isn't an option to be made permanent as that's a seperate competition that isn't open atm. But experience gained an a TCO would stand for you whenever the permanent competition opened. Is that all correct ? Or is there any possibility of a permanent position being offered, if you were doing well in a job ? I think I know the answer, but have to ask anyway .

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Just want to get my head around the TCO positions. Their usually for 3 months, but can in some circumstances be extended a number of times, up to a maximum of 18 months. At the end, there isn't an option to be made permanent as that's a seperate competition that isn't open atm. But experience gained an a TCO would stand for you whenever the permanent competition opened. Is that all correct ? Or is there any possibility of a permanent position being offered, if you were doing well in a job ? I think I know the answer, but have to ask anyway .

It really depends on the department and their needs, in many cases TCO's will be offered 8-13 weeks with no extension.

To become permanent, you need to apply for the permanent CO panel which is due in June/July 2020. In a CO interview, the only advantage you have (as a TCO) is your experience but theres no guarentee of passing the CO Interview, competency based interviews are all about examples.

It really depends on the department and their needs, in many cases TCO's will be offered 8-13 weeks with no extension.

To become permanent, you need to apply for the permanent CO panel which is due in June/July 2020. In a CO interview, the only advantage you have (as a TCO) is your experience but theres no guarentee of passing the CO Interview, competency based interviews are all about examples.

Was it not stated that there may be internal permanent CO positions which TCO's can apply for? Or did I read that wrong?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,880 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Was it not stated that there may be internal permanent CO positions which TCO's can apply for? Or did I read that wrong?

Yes. One of the differences in this years competition is that there may be confined competitions following it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭LionelNashe

Hi folks, I see in the documentation that the purpose of the interview is to ensure that candidates meet the qualifying standard in each competency, but is it likely that the interview could result in your order of merit changing significantly?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

Hi folks, I see in the documentation that the purpose of the interview is to ensure that candidates meet the qualifying standard in each competency, but is it likely that the interview could result in your order of merit changing significantly?

The interview will be on a Pass/Fail basis, your OOM will not change

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Ollie321

Last year we were issued a new OOM after the interview as it was the first year competencies were introduced so I would imagine it will be the same? And those who do not pass the interview would also reduce your score? Would this not be the same again?

PAS informed me that it was Pass/Fail and OOM would not change, if you are OOM 22 and #21 fails the interview they will just get to you quicker

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Edel123456789

Does anyone know how many were placed in Donegal and Dublin last year?

• Registered Users Posts: 193 ✭✭PinkLady2016

chris16 wrote: »
    Each Batch I was told

Do you know how many applicants are in each batch?

• Advertisement

Do you know how many applicants are in each batch?

Not sure. I have a feeling about 100 or so. When I was looking at the interviews on boards.ie 2 years ago to see what number had been reached It seemed it was roughly 20 a day interviewed but that was close to summer. So your guess is as good as mine. Of course now with the new format lasting 20 mins there's less quota per day.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 hopefullawyer

Anyone know what the deal is with e-vetting? Are we meant to submit this somewhere on the public jobs website? I went to Gardaí with form but they said to submit onlinne but I can't see where to do this. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 973 ✭✭✭November Golf

Anyone know what the deal is with e-vetting? Are we meant to submit this somewhere on the public jobs website? I went to Gardaí with form but they said to submit onlinne but I can't see where to do this. Thanks!

You return the form to PAS at your interview and they send you an email with a link to complete the vetting process.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 mirmaid

Anyone called for interview from tipperary panel yet, just wondering what oom they're at and if it's full year or summer only. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭I am me123

Is the timeframe for hearing whether you are successful at interview stage generally 10 days?

Had my interview for TCO yesterday, and asked how long I'd be waiting for their decision, but did not receive a clear answer.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,190 ✭✭✭I am me123

Each Batch I was told

I had my TCO interview yesterday, and wasn't given an exact timeframe for the interview result stage, what is the timeframe for this generally?

I am me123 wrote: »
    I had my TCO interview yesterday, and wasn't given an exact timeframe for the interview result stage, what is the timeframe for this generally?

I was told about 10 days

Not sure. I have a feeling about 100 or so. When I was looking at the interviews on boards.ie 2 years ago to see what number had been reached It seemed it was roughly 20 a day interviewed but that was close to summer. So your guess is as good as mine. Of course now with the new format lasting 20 mins there's less quota per day.

I interviewed in publicjobs on the 22nd and in the time I was waiting to go in for my interview no less than 15 other candidates arrived/got called into interview. Multiple rooms being used. It was like a conveyor belt :pac:.

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

I interviewed in publicjobs on the 22nd and in the time I was waiting to go in for my interview no less than 15 other candidates arrived/got called into interview. Multiple rooms being used. It was like a conveyor belt :pac:.

Have you received your result yet ? Just wondering as I was interviewed in publicjobs on the 24th.

• Advertisement

Have you received your result yet ? Just wondering as I was interviewed in publicjobs on the 24th.

Nothing yet. I was hoping to hear something (good or bad!) today. Fingers crossed.

Advertisement