Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Temporary Clerical Officer 2020 in the Civil and Public Service

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭I am me123

You return the form to PAS at your interview and they send you an email with a link to complete the vetting process.

How long after interview should you expect to recieve the link for the e vetting?

Had my interview on Wednesday 29th but don't know when I should expect to hear back from interview? Asked the interviewers but did not get a clear response. I presume you get vetting link after being told outcome of interview..
    Anyone able to help?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭furrybones

I am me123 wrote: »
    How long after interview should you expect to recieve the link for the e vetting?

Had my interview on Wednesday 29th but don't know when I should expect to hear back from interview? Asked the interviewers but did not get a clear response. I presume you get vetting link after being told outcome of interview..
    Anyone able to help?

I imagine you wouldn't get the vetting link until the results of the interview are out and you pass. It might even be when you get a job offer.

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 20 manus35

I am me123 wrote: »

Anyone able to help?

It clearly states in the familiarisation material that the Garda vetting only comes into play if you are offered and accept a position,so don't worry unless you get to that point

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Greengrass123

Does anyone know if these interviews are pass/fail and if so does your order of merit change or if you get a new order of merit

• Registered Users Posts: 162 ✭✭ge_ch

Does anyone know if these interviews are pass/fail and if so does your order of merit change or if you get a new order of merit

This year it’s pass/fail and your merit won’t change

• Advertisement

ge_ch wrote: »
    This year it’s pass/fail and your merit won’t change

Presumably your OOM will change if people ahead of you fail or don't show up at all.

I think you could find your OOM improving greatly if you do well at the interview

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭cvb03

It used to be pass or fail however last year my OOM of merit changed after the interview. I am not sure whether it's the same process this year. We should know when we get our results. Hopefully its soon.

Last year after the interview you received your score of your competencies. 20 was qualifying score and 50 max score. This year it’s pass or fail only. You won’t get a new oom but if people ahead of you failed/didn’t show up for the interview/rescheduled the interview they get to you quicker. Same when people before you on the panel don’t take the job offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bibi91

Somebody told me that this year HEO's and AP's can call back former tco's if they were happy about their work. Anyone has any info on that?

bibi91 wrote: »
    Somebody told me that this year HEO's and AP's can call back former tco's if they were happy about their work. Anyone has any info on that?

Interesting. That sounds too good to be true. Would make sense but that would mess up the whole OOM system and would go against the fair employer status. Last year when PAS rang me with the offer they couldn’t even tell me what section I was being assigned to.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 chris16

I have never heard that before. When I was in revenue I was told HEO or Ap had no control whatsoever over extensions. But what you say could hold some truth.
    For example I read that according to Forsa last year a competition for cos in a garda station had to be rerun because of so few applicants.

Some areas do find it difficult to attract people especially defence so the above may well be the case

• Registered Users Posts: 10 bibi91

ge_ch wrote: »
    Interesting. That sounds too good to be true. Would make sense but that would mess up the whole OOM system and would go against the fair employer status. Last year when PAS rang me with the offer they couldn’t even tell me what section I was being assigned to.

That's what I thought!

Has anybody received their result of interview yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 881 ✭✭✭furrybones

cvb03 wrote: »
    Has anybody received their result of interview yet?

Nothing yet. I'm not sure if that's a good or a bad sign. :confused:

"Success is not final, failure is not fatal. It is the courage to continue that counts"

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭abbeybella

I rang for update and they said interview results should be out mid February. It's usually 10 days after your interview.Good luck to everyone😊

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭I am me123

abbeybella wrote: »
    I rang for update and they said interview results should be out mid February. It's usually 10 days after your interview.Good luck to everyone😊

Do we get the interview result via the PublicJobs.ie messageboard?

yes

Why do they ask for references and vetting form at the start? Wouldn't it make more sense after interview results are published?

chris16 wrote: »
    Why do they ask for references and vetting form at the start? Wouldn't it make more sense after interview results are published?

I agree,Any other job you would do that when your hired but the Garda vetting only comes into play if you are offered and accept a position. I guess they just want everything ready

manus35 wrote: »
    I agree,Any other job you would do that when your hired but the Garda vetting only comes into play if you are offered and accept a position. I guess they just want everything ready

Its strange because for TCO jobs there was no vetting in the past. Certainly not in 2018 with the exception of police stations which I believe takes months.

And in 2016 I was offered a position in CDETb which at the time was not under public jobs the vetting started once you accepted the offer.

Strange situation. Or are they going to be lenient and offer jobs to pretty much anyone they interview??

Lol.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 Aidan 1

Hi just wondering if anyone who worked previously can give an outline of what their work was like and what departments etc they worked in

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Mjolnir

Don't know about that, but if the person is being given a job anyway based on oom they can request them back to their dept. Seen it happen to someone I know very well

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Scouseouse

Has anyone been called for interview in Donegal for TCO ( summer only) ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Odonn777

Scouseouse wrote: »
    Has anyone been called for interview in Donegal for TCO ( summer only) ?

I have been for my interview on the 27th, (all year) but there was interviews for summer panel taking place as well.

Any idea if it's possible to change from all year availability to Summer only as my circumstances have changed( no result of interview yet ) so I don't really want to ring ��

Any idea if it's possible to change from all year availability to Summer only as my circumstances have changed( no result of interview yet ) so I don't really want to ring 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Odonn777

abbeybella wrote: »
    Any idea if it's possible to change from all year availability to Summer only as my circumstances have changed( no result of interview yet ) so I don't really want to ring ðŸ˜

Wouldnt be really sure, I would give them a call see what they say😊

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Scouseouse

Odonn777 wrote: »
    I have been for my interview on the 27th, (all year) but there was interviews for summer panel taking place as well.

Thanks for that update . I'm number 50 in OOM for summer, Donegal so maybe i might get an interview call sometime.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭niallmacsuain

Has anyone got results of interview yet?

I e-mailed Orla Coughlan early last week and she said interviews were due to finish last Friday (31st) and that we'd hear this week.

• Advertisement

Has anyone got results of interview yet?

I e-mailed Orla Coughlan early last week and she said interviews were due to finish last Friday (31st) and that we'd hear this week.

No, I had my interview 2 weeks today and still waiting to hear a result. Thought it would have been this week.

Advertisement