Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dorothy Perkins maternity clothes?

Options
  • 27-11-2019 1:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭

Anyone know if they are true to size? Or more on the right side? Thinking of buying a few things online but haven’t tried on their maternity clothes before. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

Blingy wrote: »
    Anyone know if they are true to size? Or more on the right side? Thinking of buying a few things online but haven’t tried on their maternity clothes before. Thanks.

They’re true to size I found, if anything, maybe tops were a small bit generous. I bought a few bits last time round, I just bought the size I would buy for non maternity wear. I didn’t buy jeans though, just tops and jumpers. They’ve a great range at a great price point

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭RebelScorned

Dorothy Perkins has been my fave of all the high street stores for maternity wear - I ordered everything in my usual size, didn't swamp me when my bump was smaller and now that I'm 28+4 with a sizable round bump, I'm still comfortable and still feel like I've plenty of room to grow. The Eden over bump jeggings have been my staple over the last few weeks. I know it's a leap of faith ordering online but I've been getting great wear out of the tops, coat and jeans that I ordered.

Just one small tip though - the UK website does better prices and deals than the EU website - I ordered from the UK website to my Irish address and there was no issue with items getting delivered - they arrived in about 2 days I think and I didn't pay for express delivery. I'm sure DP will do some sort of Black Friday/Cyber Weekend discounts but keep an eye on the UK site if you're looking at picking up a few bits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Thanks for the replies and the tips :)

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭Lizardlegz

Hi ladies, I ordered a few bits from DP on Sunday. Just wondering whether anyone has ordered from them recently and how long the delivery took? Thanks x

• Registered Users Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

Lizardlegz wrote: »
    Hi ladies, I ordered a few bits from DP on Sunday. Just wondering whether anyone has ordered from them recently and how long the delivery took? Thanks x

Yes I ordered a pair of jeans at the start of lockdown ....only took about 3 days!
    A word of warning I found sizes.....massive!!! My jeans fall down! Might try and shrink them ;) they were so cheap though €14! Reviews said they were big so I should of ordered a size down!

• Advertisement

Millem wrote: »
    Yes I ordered a pair of jeans at the start of lockdown ....only took about 3 days!
    A word of warning I found sizes.....massive!!! My jeans fall down! Might try and shrink them ;) they were so cheap though €14! Reviews said they were big so I should of ordered a size down!

O no!!! I ordered a size up! And I ordered 2 sizes up for 1 pair for late pregnancy! I get quite large tho... darn!!!

O no!!! I ordered a size up! And I ordered 2 sizes up for 1 pair for late pregnancy! I get quite large tho... darn!!!

Do you read the reviews on what you bought?
    The reviews on the ones I bought said they were big!
    Shockingly I am living in h and m leggings and flip flops!
    I think they are huge fittings....even the length so I bought petite ones which are much smaller! They are super comfy. I just bought the cheap ones I think they are maybe €10? If you sign up for their newsletter you get 25% off 1 item use code 0000009993 make sure you sign in before you add code!

I bought a few t shirts on h and m again some are big fits and some are small! On the safe side I went for a L! I don’t want them short!
    Also just bought those long vest tops in Dunnes in a Large I think they are only €3.50 because the h and m reviews on theirs weren’t great!

Do you read the reviews on what you bought?
    The reviews on the ones I bought said they were big!
    Shockingly I am living in h and m leggings and flip flops!
    I think they are huge fittings....even the length so I bought petite ones which are much smaller! They are super comfy. I just bought the cheap ones I think they are maybe €10? If you sign up for their newsletter you get 25% off 1 item use code 0000009993 make sure you sign in before you add code!

I bought a few t shirts on h and m again some are big fits and some are small! On the safe side I went for a L! I don’t want them short!
    Also just bought those long vest tops in Dunnes in a Large I think they are only €3.50 because the h and m reviews on theirs weren’t great!

O god I think I’d look a heffer in leggings!!! I’m so jealous of the pregnant ladies who can pull them off!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Lizardlegz wrote:
    O god I think I’d look a heffer in leggings!!! I’m so jealous of the pregnant ladies who can pull them off!

I live in leggings with dresses over them, all H&M Mama leggings which I find great. I find jeans too hot, I have a few pairs from Penneys from last time which are great but obviously cant be got right now.

I thought that I did too until I bought the h and m ones! They are really thick!!! I just bought the cheapy mama ones! They are so so comfy like more comfy than pj bottoms!

I would I have 2 black pairs and 1 in charcoal. I bought a navy pair in dunnes that are not maternity and they are grand but not as comfy on the bump.
    My bump is massive....I wasn’t this big on my previous two at 9 months!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

I think DP are very big. I was a size 10 but up to a 12 already, put on a lot of weight, but I’m going to order size 10 as I got a few bits back from a friend and they’re huge! They’re also quite cheap clothes and don’t last I find- grand for casual tops but I found I needed to buy good stuff for work (which probably won’t happen this time anyway!)

Beanybabog wrote: »
    I think DP are very big. I was a size 10 but up to a 12 already, put on a lot of weight, but I’m going to order size 10 as I got a few bits back from a friend and they’re huge! They’re also quite cheap clothes and don’t last I find- grand for casual tops but I found I needed to buy good stuff for work (which probably won’t happen this time anyway!)

Mine came yesterday they’re huge! I need to send everything back and order my pre pregnancy size! Usually I’m up a size in most mat clothes! But I can’t even see myself growing into these ones 🙄

Mine came yesterday they’re huge! I need to send everything back and order my pre pregnancy size! Usually I’m up a size in most mat clothes! But I can’t even see myself growing into these ones ��

Oh no I feel your pain :( I think I needed to order a size down from my pre pregnancy weight tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

Oh that’s so annoying. I’m tempted to pick up a few bits from there just because they are so cheap but if the sizes are that bad it might be more hassle than it’s worth.
    Has anyone any opinions on next maternity stuff? There are so few options at the moment and every site I go to my size is sold out.
    Had to open the button on my jeans just there. I haven’t a stitch, so need to pick up some clothes right now!
    I know seraphine get great reviews and if I was on my first I’d kit myself out but this is my third and last and have no interest in paying €60 for a striped top! Gosh maternity clothing is so boring!

cant26 wrote: »
    Oh that’s so annoying. I’m tempted to pick up a few bits from there just because they are so cheap but if the sizes are that bad it might be more hassle than it’s worth.
    Has anyone any opinions on next maternity stuff? There are so few options at the moment and every site I go to my size is sold out.
    Had to open the button on my jeans just there. I haven’t a stitch, so need to pick up some clothes right now!
    I know seraphine get great reviews and if I was on my first I’d kit myself out but this is my third and last and have no interest in paying €60 for a striped top! Gosh maternity clothing is so boring!

I hear ya!!! As it’s my fourth I’m being the ultimate stinge! I can’t bare to pay €60 on a pair of jeans I might use for 3-4 months when I can get a pair for £20 in DP! No more babies after this for me (all going well). I think there jeans look nice and all I just ordered way to big! Defo need to get your normal size! Or as Millem said a size down. I will just get my normal size tho as I’m pretty sure a size down from norm wouldn’t fit me as I do out on a lot of weight on bum, tum and legs!

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭cant26

I hear ya!!! As it’s my fourth I’m being the ultimate stinge! I can’t bare to pay €60 on a pair of jeans I might use for 3-4 months when I can get a pair for £20 in DP! No more babies after this for me (all going well). I think there jeans look nice and all I just ordered way to big! Defo need to get your normal size! Or as Millem said a size down. I will just get my normal size tho as I’m pretty sure a size down from norm wouldn’t fit me as I do out on a lot of weight on bum, tum and legs!

I think I’ll just go for it. I’ll also just stick to my own size :)

https://euro.dorothyperkins.com/en/dpeu/product/dp-maternity-blue-mid-wash-ellis-skinny-denim-jeans-9811175

These are the ones I got. They are huge! I only paid €16.80 at the time!
    Sizing is so annoying. I bought baby clothes from h and m and their sizing is beyond bonkers :(

Cant I bought maternity jeans from next which were next brand in my normal size and they were grand. The top I bought from there is Mamalicious (I think?) and I think I bought it in a large because I didn’t know what the story was!! It’s grand because the design wouldn’t matter if that makes sense?
    I think it was called a waterfall design or something?
    Anyway it was a top I could wear to work!

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭anfield90

I got 4 tops, a skirt and a pair of mom jeans a few weeks back for about €80 from Dorothy Perkins and I can't fault them at all, delivered in about 4 days. It was actually a great bargain in fairness! Ordered in my normal size (took me awhile with the EU sizing) and it all fits fine. All loose clothes though so I don't know what they'd be like for more fitted stuff. I got a pair of skinny jeans in New Look and they are perfect but the ones I ordered from Boohoo are definitely like 4 sizes too big. I'm fairly petite and my bump is still quite small at 24 weeks but mother of God those Boohoo ones are something else!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,455 ✭✭✭Beanybabog

cant26 wrote: »

I just order the stuff on sale from DP, can’t get too upset with a top for a fiver. Seraphine stuff is lovely but dear as you say. That said, on my first I was like a rag bag so I bought some tops from there and they were combined nursing and maternity so I got good wear from them. I also bought one good dress for a wedding that i used for any occasion after. Adverts has some second hand stuff; I might have a look

https://euro.dorothyperkins.com/en/dpeu/product/dp-maternity-blue-mid-wash-ellis-skinny-denim-jeans-9811175

These are the ones I got. They are huge! I only paid €16.80 at the time!
    Sizing is so annoying. I bought baby clothes from h and m and their sizing is beyond bonkers :(

Cant I bought maternity jeans from next which were next brand in my normal size and they were grand. The top I bought from there is Mamalicious (I think?) and I think I bought it in a large because I didn’t know what the story was!! It’s grand because the design wouldn’t matter if that makes sense?
    I think it was called a waterfall design or something?
    Anyway it was a top I could wear to work!

Millem did you order from the Uk or the Irish site?

• Advertisement

Millem did you order from the Uk or the Irish site?

I think it was the Irish site because the price was in euro. There was an up to 40% off when I ordered them.

I think it was the Irish site because the price was in euro. There was an up to 40% off when I ordered them.

O I give up! Lol. I also got them for 16. But now I paid 23 or something as only a couple quid off and no promotions. Feck it. I hope I manage to return my other package ok!!!

If anyone wants size 10 DP stuff get in touch!! Lol

Has anybody ordered trousers from ASOS? I just need some black comfortable ones for work.

Advertisement