If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best 55" Smart TV (Budget €800)

Options
  • 27-11-2019 5:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking to get a 55" Smart TV for the kitchen/dining area of the house which would be quite bright in general. I currently have a 2018 Samsung QE55Q6FAM in the living room which I really like. The picture quality is great, overall design is good with slim chrome surrounding and I like the connection box which is handy however one thing I do notice is that the Wireless connection to the TV is not great. 

What would you recommend as the best 55" TV on the market within this budget? The main use would be for Netflix, youtube and general other tv apps like RTE player, Channel 4 etc. I would like to have one that is able to hold onto a wifi connection which I found the Samsung wasn't great for.

I was looking at the following: [*]

Would you recommend any of the above for a bright kitchen/dining area?  

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

deco72 wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm looking to get a 55" Smart TV for the kitchen/dining area of the house which would be quite bright in general. I currently have a 2018 Samsung QE55Q6FAM in the living room which I really like. The picture quality is great, overall design is good with slim chrome surrounding and I like the connection box which is handy however one thing I do notice is that the Wireless connection to the TV is not great. 

What would you recommend as the best 55" TV on the market within this budget? The main use would be for Netflix, youtube and general other tv apps like RTE player, Channel 4 etc. I would like to have one that is able to hold onto a wifi connection which I found the Samsung wasn't great for.

[*]
    Hi Deco72.

Thanks for the post.

The best would be the 55Q60 followed by the 55SM6800.
    QLED's really are fantastic and produce a great image.
    The LG SM range also does a very good job of image re-creation due to its Nano technology.

If you are based in the South Of Ireland then none of the UK catch up apps will work as these are location blocked. RTE player will work no issues.

All the sets mentioned above are good and you would be happy with any of them as a kitchen television.

Any questions please let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 295 ✭✭deco72

Hi,

[*]
    Hi Deco72.

Thanks for the post.

The LG SM range also does a very good job of image re-creation due to its Nano technology.

If you are based in the South Of Ireland then none of the UK catch up apps will work as these are location blocked. RTE player will work no issues.

All the sets mentioned above are good and you would be happy with any of them as a kitchen television.

[*]
    Thanks for the reply Kenny, I ended up going with the LG in the end (fancied something different to the Samsung I have in living room), ordered last night from yourselves. I'm looking to get this onto the wall, but I wanted to ask which bracket would be good to hang this before ordering? Looking for something slim so doesn't stick too much out from the wall. 

Thanks,
    Dec

Hi,

[*]
    Hi Deco72.

Thanks for the post.

[*]
    Thanks for the reply Kenny, I ended up going with the LG in the end (fancied something different to the Samsung I have in living room), ordered last night from yourselves. I'm looking to get this onto the wall, but I wanted to ask which bracket would be good to hang this before ordering? Looking for something slim so doesn't stick too much out from the wall. 

Thanks,
    Dec
    [*]
    Hey Deco72.

Happy Days. 

I think you will be happy with the LG and its performance :)

If your just wanting it hing flat on the wall the the Sanus VLL5 at 48.99 Euro will do the job.

If you drop me your name in a PM I can hurry your order along.

Hi,

[*]
    Hi Deco72.

Thanks for the post.

[*]

Thanks,
    Dec

[*]
    Hey Deco72.

Happy Days. 

If your just wanting it hing flat on the wall the the Sanus VLL5 at 48.99 Euro will do the job.

[*]
    It's going to be up over a sideboard unit so would a tilting bracket be better suited for viewing? Or would a fixed one be ok?

Hi,

[*]
    Hi Deco72.

Thanks for the post.

[*]

Thanks,
    Dec

[*]
    Hey Deco72.

Happy Days. 

[*]
    It's going to be up over a sideboard unit so would a tilting bracket be better suited for viewing? Or would a fixed one be ok?

[*]
    Hey Deco72.

A tilt bracket can be handy if the TV is mounted high as the tilt will angle it downwards.

For a tilt there is the Sanus BLT2 at 119 Euro
    https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202750-sanus-blt2-b1-tilt-bracket-42-90-inch-tilting-tv-bracket.aspx

• Advertisement

Hi,

[*]
    Hi Deco72.

Thanks for the post.

[*]

Thanks,
    Dec

[*]
    Hey Deco72.

Happy Days. 

[*]

[*]
    Hey Deco72.

A tilt bracket can be handy if the TV is mounted high as the tilt will angle it downwards.

https://euro.richersounds.ie/p-202750-sanus-blt2-b1-tilt-bracket-42-90-inch-tilting-tv-bracket.aspx
    [*]
    Thanks will take a look at this when I get a chance. 

Hi,

[*]
    Hi Deco72.

Thanks for the post.

[*]

Thanks,
    Dec

[*]
    Hey Deco72.

Happy Days. 

[*]

[*]
    Hey Deco72.

[*]
    Thanks will take a look at this when I get a chance. 
    [*]
    No problem at all Deco72.

[*]

Thanks for the quick service Kenny TV arrived today. ðŸ‘ðŸ»

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

[*]
    [*]

Thanks for the quick service Kenny TV arrived today. ðŸ‘ðŸ»
    [*]
    Thanks for letting us know deco72! Glad you got sorted and thanks again for ordering with us!

Hi,

[*]
    Hi Deco72.

Thanks for the post.

[*]
    Quick question - how do I actually get the UK Catch up apps onto the LG tv? I cant seem to find them in the lg store. 

• Advertisement

Hi,

[*]
    Hi Deco72.

Thanks for the post.

[*]
    Quick question - how do I actually get the UK Catch up apps onto the LG tv? I cant seem to find them in the lg store. 
    [*]
    Hi Deco72.

If you are based in the South Of Ireland you will not get the UK catch up apps as they are region locked unfortunately.
    I believe this is done by the manufacturer based on your IP address.
    This is standard for all television where you can only get the apps related to the country you are based in.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.