Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pearse to Lombard street

Options
  • 27-11-2019 7:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭

Just plotting my route across city. If I’m travelling north on Pearse can I turn right on to the new contra flow lane on Lombard with some chance of survival?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,818 ✭✭✭donvito99

Cloudio9 wrote: »
    Just plotting my route across city. If I’m travelling north on Pearse can I turn right on to the new contra flow lane on Lombard with some chance of survival?

If you're in the right most lane (i.e. the non-cycle lane side) it's not a problem

• Registered Users Posts: 835 ✭✭✭miketv

I believe so, it's just finished. You have to veer right on Westland row just after the bridge outside pearse Station (going north) which is the hard bit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

miketv wrote: »
    I believe so, it's just finished. You have to veer right on Westland row just after the bridge outside pearse Station (going north) which is the hard bit.

I wouldn’t be on Westland row

• Registered Users Posts: 1,351 ✭✭✭Cloudio9

donvito99 wrote: »
    If you're in the right most lane (i.e. the non-cycle lane side) it's not a problem

It’s being in the right lane on a DB I’m kind of worried about. Pearse can be very high speed. I’d likely be entering Pearse at Sandwith street and then crossing 3 lanes to make the turn. Would be rush hour which might make it easier if traffic is heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

donvito99 wrote: »

Pedestrians crossing from Camile to the Lombard will have preference, best option is to pull into traffic island at Westland row junction and wait for green light heading northbound onto Lombard Street

I presume OP means heading west on Pearse Street.

Really not a fan of the new layout at all, access to the lane from Westland Row is not ideal and the southbound cycle lane at the Townsend Street junction (Windjammer Pub) is also poorly designed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭tdf7187

Might as well put my question in this thread as it also relates to Pearse St, does anyone know are there decent bike parking facilities anywhere on Pearse St and would I have a good chance of getting a space mid-morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,387 ✭✭✭cunavalos

tdf7187 wrote: »
    Might as well put my question in this thread as it also relates to Pearse St, does anyone know are there decent bike parking facilities anywhere on Pearse St and would I have a good chance of getting a space mid-morning?

It all depends on which part of Pearse Street and how long you are planning on leaving the bike. There are some stands between Tesco and the Trinity Biomedical Building but less than a dozen. Otherwise best bet is inside trinity college between the sports centre and science gallery. Typically lots of room and availability before 9.30 and during holidays. The gate is open until 8-9pm so you won't get locked in.

Haven't had a problem locking up there over 7 years plus and only heard of a handful of thefts which is not bad considering the poor standard of locks used on many bikes there

Advertisement