Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned for posting a Donald Trump tweet on the Donald Trump thread

Options
  • 27-11-2019 7:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭

I have spoken with the mod who banned me and he is not for turning [PMs below].

---

I have been banned for "trolling" in the Politics forum for posting a Donald Trump tweet on the Donald Trump thread.

The tweet was a photoshopped image of Trump as Rocky. Clearly in reference to efforts to impeach him and how he going's going to keep fighting (despite the democrats' efforts to take him down).

Along with the tweet I also asked (in jest) had it been factchecked by CNN which was a clear reference to what happened when Trump posted a photoshop of Conan the hero dog receiving a medal a couple of weeks back.

The thread often has similar posts. Posts which have a single tweet or video of Trump doing this or that, along with a comment suggesting that the tweet or clip is proof positive that Trump has lost his mind. There's never a problem with such posts.

Could post dozens of examples of this. Shapiegate alone had tons of them. It's an ongoing issue with that thread, that users who align a certain way politically are being held to a much higher standard of posting than the 99%. The thread is hostile to anything remotely positive about Trump.

So I am appealing the ban on the grounds that it's inconsistent with what it would take for a user who is left-leaning to receive a similar ban.

You have been banned from Politics for three days for Trolling.

How is posting a tweet from Donald Trump, on a thread about Donald Trump, considered trolling?

Is it because I in jest asked had CNN factchecked it Well, if that's the case, how come I never see a user banned for posting media from Fox News along with in jest comments?

In fact, you thank those posts, regularly.

Had a user on the other side of the aisle posted that tweet from Trump and said 'It's official, Trump's lost his mind" you'd have had no trouble with it.

I am requesting you lift this ban given how absurd it is.

Pete.

You posted a silly tweet and a silly comment.

Not true. It was an excellent tweet and my comment wasn't "silly" as it was clearly referencing what happened last time he posted a photoshopped image.
    That it's from Trump's account matters not.

The thread is about Trump. What difference does it make if you personally think it's "silly" It was politically motivated by him. If you felt that way about it, then why not just post that on the thread instead? Deleting it and banning the user is ott, don't you think?
    If you see similar comments from other users, I suggest you use the report function.

Why would I report posts which I have absolutely no problem with? I cited them purely to show that you are banning me for a post that had it included a negative comment about Trump, you'd have more likely thanked it. You certainly wouldn't have banned a user over it that's for sure and that's based on watching you mod that thread for years.
    Upheld. Feel free to appeal in DRP.

Will do, appreciate the reply.

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,291 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Apologies Outlaw Pete, but this appeal appears to have slipped through the cracks. As it is now over a month old and no CMod has got to this I am overturning the 3 day ban. This thread is evidence of that, but if you wish I can put a note on your file

• Registered Users Posts: 10,423 ✭✭✭✭Outlaw Pete

The note would be appreciated, thanks Beasty.

Pete

Advertisement