Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post Mobile

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,690 ✭✭✭deezell

If you open a VPN via the UK over your mobile data, it connects also, the problem is at Dominoes end.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭athlone573

Has anyone used the SMS option to switch your number over to them? Got the SIM in the post and using SMS would be easiest for me to switch over but just want to make sure it works smoothly.

No. I phoned them to do the port, they were friendly enough but it didn't work until eventually they told me to go the the post office and get a new sim, which was immediately successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

daraghwal wrote: »
    Is is actually limited to 5Mb/s or is not not enforced?

Yes according to users on other threads

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Gadge

Missus' 28 days was up on the 29th, got no notification in advance, tried the top up button, brings you to the main site (can't top up there), tried to set up auto top-up and to activate from today's date, of course the drop-down list only allowed to pick from the first to the 28th, which means you can't top up on the 29th, 30th or 31st. I selected the 1st, so she has to wait for a couple of days to get her data back. Ridiculous!

Gadge wrote: »
    Missus' 28 days was up on the 29th, got no notification in advance, tried the top up button, brings you to the main site (can't top up there), tried to set up auto top-up and to activate from today's date, of course the drop-down list only allowed to pick from the first to the 28th, which means you can't top up on the 29th, 30th or 31st. I selected the 1st, so she has to wait for a couple of days to get her data back. Ridiculous!

Just select auto top up, register a debiit card. You get the full month instead of 28 days, so thats one less topup per year. I get the notifications for top up by text, well in advance, though I dont have to do anything. I just get another text a few days later to tell me I've auto topped up. I Notice the Quick topup button, you enter your phone no, then all topup options for PAYG plans appear, extra data, mins, etc. I assumr you just select the €15 topup one and it will commence your plan top up on the 29th day after your previous 28.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭bronkobilly

they say the offer of 15 euro ends today 31st march

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

they say the offer of 15 euro ends today 31st march

Extended to 6th April

https://www.anpost.com/Mobile

It isn't clear whether they are referring to the free month or the availability of the 15e price.

IMO, if they increase the price, that effectively halts new customers joining, unless they add extra benefits. 15e price point is just right.

Ten Pin wrote: »
    Extended to 6th April

https://www.anpost.com/Mobile

wow another week great:)

I still have the free €10 ' General cash addon', probably going to expire on my next topup date, 3 months since first paid month. Is there anything this can be spent on?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

Ten Pin wrote: »
    IMO, if they increase the price, that effectively halts new customers joining, unless they add extra benefits. 15e price point is just right.
    Yeah, I think so too. I've been able to get a 4G+ connection in a few places around Dublin, which gives An Post Mobile an edge over GoMo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,383 ✭✭✭✭Geuze

Is anybody else having problem with mobile data on PostMobile over the last week?

Not in rural areas, in small towns.

No service whatsoever.

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Terminator

No problems here. Just switched last week. Very pleased with the speed and connection indoors compared to Three.

Terminator wrote: »
    No problems here. Just switched last week. Very pleased with the speed and connection indoors compared to Three.
    three has unlimited data post mobile has not only 50gb

• Registered Users Posts: 761 ✭✭✭Terminator

Unlimited data isn't much use if the signal is weak.

Geuze wrote: »
    Is anybody else having problem with mobile data on PostMobile over the last week?

Not in rural areas, in small towns.

No service whatsoever.

I think the problem may be my APN settings.

I have two.

Vodafone live! live.vodafone.vom
    Vodafone MMS mms.vodafone.net

Do I delete these or edit them?

This is from the Postmobile FAQs:

Android Data/MMS settings
    1. Go to Settings > Wireless & Networks > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names and delete all existing APN’s.
    2. Create a new Internet APN with settings
    Name: Postmobile
    APN: isp.postfone.ie
    MCC: 272
    MNC: 01
    APN Type: default, supl
    Press Menu Key & Save

Sometimes for APN Typesetting you are only allowed choose from a list. If so, choose Internet or default.

I was scared, but I deleted both existing Vodafone APNs.

I added one Postmobile APN.

Mobile data is back.

Now 15 euro for porting your number over to postmobile or a new number 15 euro with 50gb data unlimited texts and calls

Now 15 euro for porting your number over to postmobile or a new number 15 euro with 50gb data unlimited texts and calls

Thats the same deal? 'Unlmited' is subject to fair usage, which means 3000 mins and 3000 texts. Same for data, unlimited meant 50G.

deezell wrote: »
    Thats the same deal? 'Unlmited' is subject to fair usage, which means 3000 mins and 3000 texts. Same for data, unlimited meant 50G.

It's not wen u ported over to postmobile on the previous deal it was free now its 15 euro

It's not wen u ported over to postmobile on the previous deal it was free now its 15 euro

For the first month, then €15 every 28 days/ every month with direct debit

• Advertisement

have they changed with the hot spotting as the son got a new post mobile sim does not hotspot he thought it was the phone so i put my postfone sim in his phone works perfect they must have changed to way it works with a new sim both phones are samsung a21s?

• Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭jrmb

have they changed with the hot spotting as the son got a new post mobile sim does not hotspot he thought it was the phone so i put my postfone sim in his phone works perfect they must have changed to way it works with a new sim both phones are samsung a21s?
    That's odd. Does he have enough credit? Could he be on a tariff that doesn't include data?

jrmb wrote: »
    That's odd. Does he have enough credit? Could he be on a tariff that doesn't include data?

its coming up as he has 50gb data but won.t hotspot

its coming up as he has 50gb data but won.t hotspot

Try editing the APN type in Settings/Connections/Mobile Networks/Access Point Names/ Postmobile to 'DUN', go back to posts #90- https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=115717453&postcount=91

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

Have this problem too since 04 May. Getting 17kbps when Hot-spotting. Lucky to have mi' ol Tesco still pumping.

DID change APN Type from Default to DUN. Didn't help.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

dohouch wrote: »
    Have this problem too since 04 May. Getting 17kbps when Hot-spotting. Lucky to have mi' ol Tesco still pumping.

DID change APN Type from Default to DUN. Didn't help.

Just in case, try lowercase, 'dun' delete supl

I just got a new phone literally the other day, so I've just checked, my hotspot gone again, APN is the one sent by pistmobile, so I deleted 'supl', put in 'dun', that done the trick on samsung s9. Hotspot up and running.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,491 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

Checked and my hotspot still working fine. No Dun required.

TheDriver wrote: »
    Checked and my hotspot still working fine. No Dun required.

Maybe just deleting supl is sufficient, just leave default. It's not clear how the protocols affect connectivity, other than dun is a legacy protocol to make the phone serve like a Dial Up Network, which is sort of what tethering is.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭dohouch

Definitely something up. Post mobile customer care, just told me that hot spotting is not officially supported.

We're not suffering, only complaining 😞

Advertisement