Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC (Budget €400-600)

Options
  • 28-11-2019 3:44am
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking to buy a PC in the coming days (hopefully good discounts) that I have a budget in the range of €400 to €600 for, but will need good reasoning for going to the upper end of the budget (e.g. GPU or CPU can be significantly improved for just an extra €XX). Also, if you have separate builds in mind for the low and higher end of the budget, it would be nice to know why spending the extra on the higher end machine would be definitely worth it.

Also, I'm open to just buying a full already complete build as long as I wouldn't be losing out on a fortune compared to building.

1. What is your budget? [€400-600]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming] (World of Tanks mainly).

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes] (Is Windows 10 free to download now? If so, I'll just do this via a flash drive from my laptop).

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [No]

5. Do you need a monitor? [No] (I plan to run a HDMI to my Samsung SMART TV RU7020 43", will this cause any problems? I'm aware of the 10ms response time also).

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [N/A]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [N/A]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Yes] (I'll need a WiFi board as I'm not sure my Ethernet over Power adaptor will work in that room. Will source keyboard/mouse myself).

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes] (Would prefer a GPU/CPU that can overclock at the click of a button rather than mess with anything as I done that before on my old i7-4790K to 4.4GHz).

8. How can you pay? [Credit Card/Paypal]

9. When are you purchasing? [ASAP]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [Dublin] (I built one a few years back, should be fine).

Thanks in advance for the help provided!

Comments

Advertisement