Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Huawei- issues with Google Play?

• 28-11-2019 11:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Was about to but the Vodafone great offer for P30 lite but want to be sure there won't be issues with downloading apps if Google bans them (again)....

I've read a few articles but in this thread someone posted on 26th Nov:
    "I have one and up until recently I would have said it's great: great performance, good screen, expandable storage, headphone jack etc all for a great price.

But I haven't been able to use Google Pay since the last android update as Huawei devices aren't Google Play Protect Certified anymore. Since the Trump ban.

This might not be a problem for some people but it's a put off for me. Thinking of switching to the Pixel 3a"

Thanks,
    Patrick.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,543 ✭✭✭droidman123

dinneenp wrote: »
    Hi,

Was about to but the Vodafone great offer for P30 lite but want to be sure there won't be issues with downloading apps if Google bans them (again)....

I've read a few articles but in this thread someone posted on 26th Nov:
    "I have one and up until recently I would have said it's great: great performance, good screen, expandable storage, headphone jack etc all for a great price.

But I haven't been able to use Google Pay since the last android update as Huawei devices aren't Google Play Protect Certified anymore. Since the Trump ban.

This might not be a problem for some people but it's a put off for me. Thinking of switching to the Pixel 3a"

Thanks,
    Patrick.

Pixel 3a on black friday sale for €329 on the irish google store

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Pixel 3a on black friday sale for €329 on the irish google store

Thanks, but P30 lite €99 with Vodafone if port your number.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,215 ✭✭✭Keith186

G play store and G pay are working for me on P30 Pro fine.

Are there other examples of it not working or just the one in the link?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,161 ✭✭✭dinneenp

Bit the bullet & ordered the P30 Lite.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭robbie000

dinneenp wrote: »
    Bit the bullet & ordered the P30 Lite.

Hi just wondering how you find the p30 lite looking at getting it as a present, is the camera quality as good as they say.

Cheers
    Rob

• Advertisement
Advertisement