Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is 365 down? (28 November)

Options
  • 28-11-2019 11:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 43

Hello!

Cant access my account on 365 via mobile app or browser.

Is there an issue? Or is it just me?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,371 ✭✭✭✭Zillah

Yeah it's not working for me either.

• Registered Users Posts: 43 PaulDalyRoI

Not just me then... thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

Yes, it's down...I rang the number on the 365 website, they have a recorded message to say it's down & they are working on a solution....no timeframe....

Day before Black Friday....pretty lousy timing too....

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,194 ✭✭✭jos28

Same here, no access via app or desktop. Both ATMs down at Grand Canal Dock too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,413 ✭✭✭Tow

Are other ATMs down?

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭stronglikebull

Tow wrote: »
    Are other ATMs down?
    https://www.breakingnews.ie/ireland/bank-of-ireland-atms-around-the-country-out-of-service-967118.html

Seems that all BOI ATM services are down country wide. 

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Tumbleweed2

They are getting abused on twitter. Timing really couldn't be worse.

From Twitter is appears everything is down, except for actual Visa cards.

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Registered Users Posts: 43 PaulDalyRoI

Tow wrote: »
    From Twitter is appears everything is down, except for actual Visa cards.
    A shambles!

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭grazer

Phone lines must be affected too.  Branch not answering at all at all now. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

grazer wrote: »
    Phone lines must be affected too.  Branch not answering at all at all now. :rolleyes:
    If you look at their Twitter account, it appears they are using an iPhone and iPad to respond. Normally they use the Web Client and 'Genesys Social Engagement'. 

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭whomenonotme

grazer wrote: »
    BOI website says "Bank of Ireland continues to work on the system issues as a priority. A number of our channels are currently out of service - including Bank of Ireland ATMs, 365 mobile banking app, 365 online and Business On Line. Customers are advised that Bank of Ireland cards are working at other bank ATMs and in retail outlets. Credit cards can be used as normal. We will provide further updates as soon as they are available and we apologise for any inconvenience caused."

on twitter, they are fobbing people off with this rubbish reply: "Just a little reminder to always be careful if you are contacted by anyone who claims to be from Bank of Ireland. If you are ever suspicious please contact us here or at 365security@boi.com and we would be happy to help. Thanks, Naomi"

• Registered Users Posts: 942 ✭✭✭kenyard

their login pages are working though. i was trying to login for the past few minutes wondering what was wrong with my internet, was adblocker or something interfering etc...
    they have a fraud/smising alert up and have no info clearly stated about how everything is down currently on the 365 page.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,387 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

My partner couldn't use his card at an AIB ATM and after queusing in BoI branch to withdraw over the counter was told he couldn't do that either. This is clearly much bigger than they're admitting.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,219 ✭✭✭hellboy99

Sardonicat wrote: »
    My partner couldn't use his card at an AIB  ATM and after queusing in BoI branch to withdraw over the counter was told he couldn't do that either. This is clearly much bigger than they're admitting.
    Same here, got the same story "and no BOI" cards are not working in non BOI ATMs, and what about Direct Debit payments will they be paid out? I agree with you Sardonicat, there's a far bigger issues than they're letting on. So much for Black Friday sales, may forget about that now, thanks BOI :mad:

hellboy99 wrote: »
    Same here, got the same story "and no BOI" cards are not working in non BOI ATMs, and what about Direct Debit payments will they be paid out? I agree with you Sardonicat, there's a far bigger issues than they're letting on. So much for Black Friday sales, may forget about that now, thanks BOI :mad:

Wish Black Friday Sales were all in had to worry about. I'm a carer and can't access my Carers Allowance. My purse is almost empty. It's the end of the month. Many people won't be able to access their wages. If businesses bank with BoI can they pay their staff? What about DD, SO, mortgages? This is having a serious impact on virtually everyone, whether they are BoI customers or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi All,

Thanks for your posts.

We would like to apologise for the difficulties our customers are experiencing today with our site, App and BOI ATMs. We are working as quickly as possible to resolve.

We would like to mention, customers can use their debit card at non BOI ATMS and retail outlets. Credit cards are working as normal.

As soon as we have further updates, they will be posted across our social media channels. 

For follow up outside our hours here, you can check with us on Twitter @talktoboi we're available 24/7.

Appreciate your patience,
    Many thanks,
    Alison

We would like to mention, customers can use their debit card at non BOI ATMS and retail outlets. Credit cards are working as normal.
    No they can't!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,526 ✭✭✭✭siblers

No they can't!!!
    I had no issues today, used it in 4 different shops, contactless and pin

• Registered Users Posts: 6,825 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

No they can't!!!
    I used mine at around 12pm today and it worked

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Steviewinger

Mine isn't working at all. I've no money in it

I used mine at around 12pm today and it worked

Obviously there are people who can't.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭Tumbleweed2

Hi All,

Thanks for your posts.

We would like to apologise for the difficulties our customers are experiencing today with our site, App and BOI ATMs. We are working as quickly as possible to resolve.

As soon as we have further updates, they will be posted across our social media channels. 

For follow up outside our hours here, you can check with us on Twitter @talktoboi we're available 24/7.

Appreciate your patience,
    Many thanks,
    Alison
    Great, finally an update. 

I haven't been able to use my card, all BOI atms are out of service. Contactless got declined and I know there are funds in my account. 

Can you update us on the following:
    • What the issues actually is.
    • How something like this can happen. 
    • What BOI will be doing to make this up to customers affected. 
    [*]

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

So getting paid tomoro is a no go then is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,469 ✭✭✭JustJoe7240

So getting paid tomoro is a no go then is it?
    I got paid last night so you might be ok?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,931 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Debit card are working perfectly fine for anything other than ATM transactions (for those with money already in their accounts)

so for example if you have cash in your current account you can pay in a shop with your debit.

if your debit isnt working then there was no cash in your account or transfer has failed (per todays mess)

listermint wrote: »
    Debit card are working perfectly fine for anything other than ATM transactions (for those with money already in their accounts)

so for example if you have cash in your current account you can pay in a shop with your debit.

if your debit isnt working then there was no cash in your account or transfer has failed (per todays mess)
    Shop I was in earlier was refusing my debit card

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭DUBACC

Business banking gone too, have to pay salaries today so they won’t be going. Should make us popular.

Can always do same day transfers tomorrow but will BOI refund the extra charges as I can’t have staff not getting paid?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 80 ✭✭Simmer down

I've been changing my banking over to N26 bit by bit. This latest mess is going to speed up the process because I'm sick to death with BOI. Can't wait to be done them!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

I've been changing my banking over to N26 bit by bit. This mess today is going to speed up the process because I'm sick to death with BOI. Can't wait to be done them!
    I’m gonna change aswell. €300 went missing from my account 4 weeks ago. From someone in another country. Surely they should contact you to tell you this but no I had to find out on my own the day of my mates birthday and we were going away for the night like.

Advertisement