Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to improve wifi in house - Vodafone Gigabit

• 28-11-2019 12:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,344 ✭✭✭✭

Hey,

We live in a small little house, but we've always had terrible wifi reception upstairs, the router is downstairs.

Recently we switched to Vodafone Gigabit, and the quality of wifi upstairs has gotten much much worse. I've noticed my phone showing both wifi and 4g symbols a lot when upstairs, which happens when an app needs network and the wifi isn't good enough. We have a Hub controller for heating and it struggles to always stay connected to wifi.

So what I am wondering is - what is the easiest/cheapest way to extend the wifi network upstairs? Ideally it would be cheap and simple option, and I am trying to avoid having a separate wifi network to connect to. I was initially looking at maybe getting a new router, but it would appear that the Vodafone Gigabox doesn't properly work for that? Any ideas?

Note - I have ~£45 in Amazon vouchers, so if there is an option available there that would work under that budget, that'd be class.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭BONDIred

I have the same issues with Vodafone Gigabit, keeps disconnecting from Nest products and signal and speeds can be hit and miss.

When I called they said to log into the gigabit app and leave the channel on automatic but still wont stay connected to all devices.

Advertisement