Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Samsung Q90/80 or LG C9

• 28-11-2019 1:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭

Which one folks? It's 55" btw, can't go any bigger or she'll divorce me! I know the C9 has better picture quality, which is priority, but the potential screen burn is a worry.

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,245 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Hate to throw a spanner in the works, have you considered the Sony XF series, the Sony KD55XF9005, check out the reviews from a year or so ago and now Richersounds have it at end of line £899, absolute steal, now does Dolby Vision and Android 8 native, with proper 10bit HDR.
    I am not sold on OLED at all at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,435 ✭✭✭Wailin

Was checking out the C9 in DID earlier and it has stunning image quality, especially the blacks and contrast. The burn in though is off putting which had me looking at the samsung QLEDs which have a 5 yr warranty and 10 yr burn in warranty. They stand by their TVs whereas LG don't.

I'll check out the Sony too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,809 ✭✭✭edanto

Thanks for the tip on the kd55xf9005

Advertisement