Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Alarm Monitoring

• 28-11-2019 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Hi, I was hoping i could get some advice. I have a HKC alarm which was installed around 2 years ago. The company that installed it said it would cost 10 euros per month for the app, they informed that using the wifi self monitoring is free, but not as secure as 4G GSM monitoring which is 10 euros per month. I had intended to go for this and passed my bank details. The company as they were installing told me not to worry about that cost (verbally, i think this was said) I think maybe as I was intending to get CCTV at a later date, which I still am.

Then this week I noticed a direct debit from my bank account for 10 euros, I contacted they said that I should have been paying and also I needed to pay backlog for 2 years as they had been paying it for me?

I also told them I did not sign any direct debit ( which they agreed I did not),

(1) should I just use my Wifi and not the sim card, I know wifi can go down but is it such a big factor?
    (2) is this 10 euros a month something people pay ( they also said it was going up to 12 euros) and that they had to pay HKC

I like the alarm and actually like the company and if i have to pay i will but any advice very welcome

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,867 ✭✭✭Alkers

We have the KKC app and pay 60e per year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,551 ✭✭✭kub

El Legion wrote: »
    Hi, I was hoping i could get some advice. I have a HKC alarm which was installed around 2 years ago. The company that installed it said it would cost 10 euros per month for the app, they informed that using the wifi self monitoring is free, but not as secure as 4G GSM monitoring which is 10 euros per month. I had intended to go for this and passed my bank details. The company as they were installing told me not to worry about that cost (verbally, i think this was said) I think maybe as I was intending to get CCTV at a later date, which I still am.

Then this week I noticed a direct debit from my bank account for 10 euros, I contacted they said that I should have been paying and also I needed to pay backlog for 2 years as they had been paying it for me?

I also told them I did not sign any direct debit ( which they agreed I did not),

(1) should I just use my Wifi and not the sim card, I know wifi can go down but is it such a big factor?
    (2) is this 10 euros a month something people pay ( they also said it was going up to 12 euros) and that they had to pay HKC

I like the alarm and actually like the company and if i have to pay i will but any advice very welcome

(1) I cannot understand how they can offer you free via your Wifi and payed for via 4G, once a system is connected to the Securecomm service an account has to be set up with HKC and the same cost applies.
    Using your Wifi only is a serious compromise as the alarm system stays active during a power cut but your Wifi is more than likely out of action, therefore unable to transmit alarm activations to you.

(2) What is included in the cost of the 10/ 12 Euro, does it include for remote engineer access to your system ?

Advertisement