Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silent Hill Werewolf Game Thread!

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    My thingking is that it says the sum of the whole was greater than the sum of 'this', with 'this' being 'the sum of its parts'

Ah ok. So that is plausible but I am still a bit concerned by the connotations of value vs sum.

So far I think that and Brendan's are the best potential guesses.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

This doesnt answer the question of how do we decide the best theories and when we submit the guesses.....

Of course it doesn't it was a response to "while we are working on what our best guesses are going to be, would anyone also like to suggest how we decide who guesses"

hence me saying who I thought should guess. The person with the best response.

Howeve if you now are asking for my opinion on the matter I would agree that we agree not to guess in the build up to lynch and that if there is no obvious clear candidate before an hour or two before then that it should be left until after.

If we were on a timeline after which we couldn't guess I'd say to set a time at which point we all say what we think the best suggestion so far has been but we don't need to to rush things as thats what happened with your guess and now we only have 2 more options.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

"this is 'its parts'" would be my suggestion.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

the whole is greater than the sum of its parts

so the value of the whole is less than the sum of the army?

I'm not getting how it fits

Brendan WW wrote: »
    Of course it doesn't it was a response to "while we are working on what our best guesses are going to be, would anyone also like to suggest how we decide who guesses"

Howeve if you now are asking for my opinion on the matter I would agree that we agree not to guess in the build up to lynch and that if there is no obvious clear candidate before an hour or two before then that it should be left until after.

If we were on a timeline after which we couldn't guess I'd say to set a time at which point we all say what we think the best suggestion so far has been but we don't need to to rush things as thats what happened with your guess and now we only have 2 more options.

There is a downside to this plan but im reluctant to spell it out....i suppose i have to....

• Advertisement

Doris WW wrote: »
    the whole is greater than the sum of its parts

so the value of the whole is less than the sum of the army?

I'm not getting how it fits

Basically, the sum of the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Yes, it's parts makes sense. Have a guess Phil

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Do we not have to guess before day ends? Or did I imagine that?

Can we change our minds once we vote?

Im not being salty and i take your point, but zero was a legitimate potential answer. We know now its wrong, but it was worth a guess. Someone else came up with it too independent of me coming up with it, so i thought better i guess than a wolf guess.

Henry WW wrote: »

On the vote do you mean the lynch vote? Pretty sure we can.

• Advertisement

we can only guess during day phase. it wasn't stated that the guessing doesn't restart for next day phase

If your talking about guessing the riddle

The village has 3 guesses to solve the puzzle per day. Guesses must be typed in bold and clearly state they are in reference to this puzzle. A prize will be available to whomever solves the puzzle. Puzzle answers can only be guessed during the day phase of the game.

3 per day... so not just 3, so maybe no harm in having more guesses before we get close to lynch time. Can always try again tomorrow.

Also on the puzzle Rikand's post said

"The village has 3 guesses to solve the puzzle per day"

I dont know if that means we get one puzzle a day with 3 guesses or if we get 3 guesses at that particular puzzle every day.

Basically, the sum of the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

the sum of the whole is greater than the sum of its parts.

the sum of the army is greater than the value of its parts.

Ok, yeah, makes sense. I'm happy for that to go in as a guess.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Patrick WW wrote: »
    A chronogram is a sentence or inscription that has hidden numbers which have to be summed for revealing a date of a particular event. These numbers are represented by letters of the Roman numerals: I, V, X, L, C, D, or M. For instance, the inscription "CHRISTVS DVX ERGO TRIVMPHVS" gives MDCXVVVVII or 1632.

When the Ro(m)ans (c)ounte(d) the ent(i)rety of the(i)r who(l)e ar(m)y, the(i)r su(m) was
    greater than the va(l)ue of th(i)s.

Think that would be all the roman numerals in the clue,

When the Ro(m)ans (c)ounte(d) the ent(i)rety of the(i)r who(l)e ar(m)y, is 2652
    m+c+d=i+i+l+m 1000+100+500+1+1+50+1000=2652

The second half totals i+m+l+i=1052
    a difference of 25k or M with a dash over it

sorry, i misremembered about the 3 per day. so we should definitely get three guesses in a good bit before lynch time

I think if we hit a certain number of people backing a guess, its fair for the suggestor to make a guess.

My initial thought is that 10 people (approx half the village) liking a guess is fair; however id think it unlikely we will get this number to agree before lynch; and im loath to risk losing a prize that could help the village. So please like this post if you agree a total of 6 people agreeing on a guess is fair enough to guess. If you dont agree, then propose a number and we can like that number instead.

Im not being salty and i take your point, but zero was a legitimate potential answer. We know now its wrong, but it was worth a guess. Someone else came up with it too independent of me coming up with it, so i thought better i guess than a wolf guess.

Ur play at best was a poor villager play, at worst wolfy.

You keep going on about how you know ur a villager but we don’t and at least getting some consensus is the good village play.

You don’t seem interested in that.

For me it’s a win-win to lynch you, at worst we get rid of a villager who likes to run things against the will of the village. At best we get a wolf

I'm not sold on it's part being the answer. I could be wrong though and I'll readily admit that.

Also despite me taking on board his point that zero was a legit potential answer I'd say even Phil would probably prefer someone else making the next guess atm

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    When the Ro(m)ans (c)ounte(d) the ent(i)rety of the(i)r who(l)e ar(m)y, the(i)r su(m) was

25000 is a neat enough figure for me to say try it

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Racking my brains a bit here. I think the answer to the puzzle might be LEGION

As in we are legion equals many is a biblical idea but Rome has many legions

Thoughts?

I think if we hit a certain number of people backing a guess, its fair for the suggestor to make a guess.

My initial thought is that 10 people (approx half the village) liking a guess is fair; however id think it unlikely we will get this number to agree before lynch; and im loath to risk losing a prize that could help the village. So please like this post if you agree a total of 6 people agreeing on a guess is fair enough to guess. If you dont agree, then propose a number and we can like that number instead.

Good plan. I'd say we should wait til at least 6:30 before throwing in more guesses, just to allow the majority to finish work and get home to have a read and say their piece.

Ur play at best was a poor villager play, at worst wolfy.

You keep going on about how you know ur a villager but we don’t and at least getting some consensus is the good village play.

You don’t seem interested in that.

For me it’s a win-win to lynch you, at worst we get rid of a villager who likes to run things against the will of the village. At best we get a wolf

Keep reading Henry. My post before this post.

I'm not sold on it's part being the answer. I could be wrong though and I'll readily admit that.

Also despite me taking on board his point that zero was a legit potential answer I'd say even Phil would probably prefer someone else making the next guess atm

I mean i think ive maybe dug my grave for some of the village anyway. Getting the prize and using it for the village may save me. But equally i know my role in the game so its ok if i dont have a prize to save my ass.

Liam WW wrote: »

Am i missing something here?

Where did 25k come out of when the two previous numbers is 2652 and 1052?

I like the idea of consensus and also the idea of giving it a bit of time to get that consensus too. As Henry pointed out the 3 guesses per day thing we may as well use them.

I said earlier the guesses I currently favour are the 'it's parts' or 'Level 1'.

Keep reading Henry. My post before this post.

Well that’s exactly the opposite of what you’ve spent the day doing

Ive to go home now, so ill check in at 630. If noone guessed its parts by then, or come up with a more popular guess, ill guess it, with village consensus of course. Thank this post if you think thats fair enough.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

I support this but I don't want Phil or Oisin saying the answer

• Advertisement

Well that’s exactly the opposite of what you’ve spent the day doing

Ive spent the day coming up with info for the village, through quizzing Isla and now trying to solve this riddle. You want consensus, so be it. You want to now hold that against me, i cant help that.

Advertisement