Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silent Hill Werewolf Game Thread!

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭Brendan WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    Ive to go home now, so ill check in at 630. If noone guessed its parts by then, or come up with a more popular guess, ill guess it, with village consensus of course. Thank this post if you think thats fair enough.

No idea if there are task in play but feel like someone asking for a number of their posts to be thanked would usually have people pondering if there were.

What potential answers have people liked so far?

Not asking what should we guess now or at a certain time but it'd be interesting to see which of the potential ones put forward so far actually have stuck out for people.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

Clodagh WW wrote: »
    I support this but I don't want Phil or Oisin saying the answer

Oisin WW wrote: »
    I'm tapping out.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

Angus WW wrote: »
    Racking my brains a bit here. I think the answer to the puzzle might be LEGION

As in we are legion equals many is a biblical idea but Rome has many legions

Thoughts?

Any thoughts for or against this as a possible answer?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

I am not getting wolf from Phil. But if you don't want him saying it I'll say it then?

Puzzle Guess: It's Parts

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Ive no task - i just think thanking a post is a good way to not clutter the thread while gaining consensus. By all means do it whatever way suits. Better yet, someone take my idea and guess it. Im only asking for the villages backing either way; as i have been asked to do repeatedly today. This is the issue with consensus - it takes time, which we dont really have. Maybe thats why im being a little pushy.

Ok really gotta go now.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭Phil WW

Patrick WW wrote: »
    I am not getting wolf from Phil. But if you don't want him saying it I'll say it then?

Okie dokey

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Brendan WW wrote: »
    No idea if there are task in play but feel like someone asking for a number of their posts to be thanked would usually have people pondering if there were.

What potential answers have people liked so far?

Not asking what should we guess now or at a certain time but it'd be interesting to see which of the potential ones put forward so far actually have stuck out for people.

Yours and Phil's at the moment for me.

Tegan WW wrote: »
    Yours and Phil's at the moment for me.

Which of Phil's?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

Any thoughts for or against this as a possible answer?

A roman army had 5 or 6 legions in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Incorrect. 1 guess to go

• Advertisement

Oisin WW wrote: »
    Which of Phil's?

The one Patrick just guessed.

Why do people keep ignoring that we are looking for some sort of consensus? How many people suggested going for this?

Guess your question was just rhetorical seeing as you just went ahead and guessed in the same post

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

A roman army had 5 or 6 legions in it.

Yeah that’s my thinking here, legion means many but the Roman army has several legions

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

What the ****. Did we not agree to wait til 6:30?

Yeah that’s my thinking here, legion means many but the Roman army has several legions

If we still had 2 guesses left :rolleyes: I was most interested in your Legion suggestion as well as my own one. Now im not sure as we only have 1 chance left.

So one guess left. Can we all PLEASE wait until 6.30?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Reading back over things to catch up but had to skip ahead because I’m on limited time.

The thing standing out to me from what I’ve read however is people jumping the gun left right and centre making decisions for everyone. I haven’t been around the last few hours but there have been people on so it shouldn’t be one or multiple people going rogue and deciding for everyone.

That’s crazy and reading back over it, it all comes off very chaotic and not helpful for the village

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

What did you do that for paddy?

We are in no rush and everything was tipping along nice and calmly. Absolutely no reason to rush in like that.

If Phil came back and guessed against the will of the village, then we could have had more info. Now all we have is you jumping the gun for no reason.

Name | Status | Role | Notes
    Angus WW | Alive | |
    Brendan WW| Alive | |Seems a bit pockety
    Clodagh WW| Alive | |Making sense, wants consensus
    Conor WW| Alive | | First vote early on
    Derry WW| Alive | |
    Doris WW| Alive & Good | |
    Emily WW| Alive | |Comes in late, giving out about people jumping the gun without village consent
    Gabriel WW| Alive | |
    Gertrude WW| Alive | |
    Henry WW| Alive | |
    Isla WW| Alive | |Has similar thoughts on location choosing. Stands ground strongly after being called out.
    Liam WW| Alive | |
    Lucy WW| Alive | |
    Nigel WW| Alive | |
    Oisin WW| Alive | | Asked for a vote then decided very quickly without discussion. Explained with details, came across as genuine. Bowed out of guessing for the village.
    Orla WW| Alive | |
    Patrick WW| Alive | | Talked about no lynching early on. Swooped in with a rush guess for no reason.
    Phil WW| Alive | | Decided on location without discussion. Lasered on a non-existent slip - apparently ruffling feathers. Held his ground when confronted. Interested in using the wiki. Coming up with decent ideas. Has toned down the madness. Trying to get people to like is posts, could be a task. Seems willing to wait for village consensus. Makes sense about decided who should guess and when.
    Riona WW| Alive | |
    Tegan WW| Alive | |Making decent points that match up with me.
    Winifred WW| Alive | |

Hoc is this in Latin. Again I think this is an unlikely answer but throwing it out there.

• Advertisement

Painted onto the back wall, a puzzle could be made out written in blood ::

When the Romans counted the entirety of their whole army, their sum was greater than the value of this.

Right so two guesses gone.

Zero - incorrect
    its parts - incorrect

I still feel like the answer is something inherently valuable. but again, I'm coming up blank :(

Where the feck is that Church?

Did Rikand acknowledge that we were on the way?

The group have arrived at the Church

SilentHillMovieChurch.jpg

The group have arrived at the church and suddenly feel safe. This might be a good place for the village to stop for the night and gather their thoughts.

Just then, a noise like an air raid siren sounded over head. It started to get dark outside. Night was approaching and it was time to take some rest. The group made themselves as comfortable as they possibly could. They had an important decision to make

Rikand wrote: »
    The church will be the next place visited. You will reach it in about 2 hours. So roughly 5-5:30.

Yep Fog must have been extra thick

Well I guess thats it before the lynch. Maybe we can go to 3 locations each day but seemingly 2 nothing happened in and the club had the riddle thing

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭Lucy WW

just in from work now folks. will have a blast at this riddle before reading back

Day 1: Automated Votals from #0 to #13

No Lynch (1): Oisin WW
    Patrick WW (1): Conor WW
    Conor WW (1): Gabriel WW
    Nigel WW (1): Derry WW
    Oisin WW (1): Liam WW
    Liam WW (1): Brendan WW
    Phil WW (1): Clodagh WW
    Not voting (14): Abigail WW, Barbara WW, Doris WW, Emily WW, Gertrude WW, Henry WW, Isla WW, Lucy WW, Nigel WW, Orla WW, Patrick WW, Phil WW, Riona WW, Tegan WW

Phase ends in 3h20m.

When the Romans counted the entirety of their whole army, their sum was greater than the value of this.

1st thought: taking the 2nd sentence literally, what is grater than this? whats the plural of this? those/these maybe?

• Advertisement

another thought, the sentence has 2 phrases that mean the same thing. ie: if you take either phrase out the sentence still has the same meaning:

When the Romans counted their whole army, their sum was greater than the value of this.

When the Romans counted the entirety of their army, their sum was greater than the value of this.

Advertisement