Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Silent Hill Werewolf Game Thread!

Options

Comments

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Emily WW

Sh*t! Good thing I sneaked a peak otherwise would have missed the vote. Thanks to whoever it was that pointed that out

• Forum Games Player Posts: 4,972 ✭✭✭Conor WW

Phil WW wrote: »
    It's not great reasoning but I've no time to do more analysis.

Sure it’s a handy way to keep your head down Phil.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,893 ✭✭✭Clodagh WW

Conor WW wrote: »
    Read the rules man.

Are these wolf rules

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Orla WW wrote: »
    I voted no lynch nothing of any note to go on really, barring the players jumping the gun with guesses not enough to lynch them for me

Orla, I’d say you have to put it in as vote no lynch.

Emily WW wrote: »
    Sh*t! Good thing I sneaked a peak otherwise would have missed the vote. Thanks to whoever it was that pointed that out

I don't understand this post at all?

• Advertisement

Nigel WW wrote: »
    I did, or are you referring to something else

3. Game schedule and voting rules: The game begins as soon as the mods say IT IS DAY, with lynch thread opened immediately thereafter. Note that voting is live and will be conducted in the separate Silent Hill WW lynching thread. Lynches take place at 9pm, Munches will take place somewhere between 9 and 10AM (depending on work for the game mods). All Night Actions are due by 8am every morning. The first lynch is Monday at 9pm

I was only having a laugh. Soz.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭Orla WW

Henry WW wrote: »
    Orla, I’d say you have to put it in as vote no lynch.

Is it **** sorry my bad

Guys I’d honestly prefer you voted me off than go the no lynch route. We learn nothing with no lynch. I’ll take one for the village. At least if ye lynch me (I’m good btw!) you can see who was looking to get me out and potentially find a wolf. Sometimes you need to take a step back to go forward. Good luck team village.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f296ff922dd65d0e44669653046372144356ab131e6&rid=giphy.gif

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Hey folks, not sure I'm buying Conor as a wolf acting like that.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,219 ✭✭✭Liam WW

Liam WW wrote: »
    When the Romans counted the entirety of their whole army, their sum was greater than the value of this.

Just throwing a link in from Wiki on Roman Armies
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Size_of_the_Roman_army

Means nothing to me.

But going on a play on words:-

Is it possible that the answer is the population of the Romans i.e Rome, after all the army would be smaller than the population of Rome
    So my answer would be 4,234,019 in 2019
    Source http://worldpopulationreview.com/world-cities/rome-population/
    Lucy WW wrote: »
    was one of my thoughts as well. quite hard to articulate that :P

Me too, sort of but what do we put in? A population number?

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,361 ✭✭✭Gertrude WW

Guys I’d honestly prefer you voted me off than go the no lynch route. We learn nothing with no lynch. I’ll take one for the village. At least if ye lynch me (I’m good btw!) you can see who was looking to get me out and potentially find a wolf. Sometimes you need to take a step back to go forward. Good luck team village.

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f296ff922dd65d0e44669653046372144356ab131e6&rid=giphy.gif

This would tell us nothing either and in previous games volunteering is seen as a bad villager move

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,709 ✭✭✭Henry WW

Barbara WW wrote: »
    Hey folks, not sure I'm buying Conor as a wolf acting like that.

It’s another bad move from Conor

No lynch is the smart move, it keeps a villager alive

Not sure how many of you played the south park WW but those that did will tell you no lynch is a waste of time.

Not sure how many of you played the south park WW but those that did will tell you no lynch is a waste of time.

Also told us that volunteering isnt a good move

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,146 ✭✭✭Barbara WW

Volunteering is a bad move if you're good. No lynch can be useful in some circumstances but this isn't one of them I reckon.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,133 ✭✭✭Oisin WW

We still have no idea how many wolves there are, do we?

• Forum Games Player Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭Tegan WW

Ok, have had my read back and I'm not a lot wiser. Reading back Riona's posts felt a bit posting for the sake of posting initially but she did make a contribution to the discussion on the puzzle.

Phil, Patrick, Conor - as I said, I feel like they're too obvious. Phil didn't wait on the village twice which just seems like poor strategy. Reading back on the early exchanges between Conor and Patrick, I was thinking they might be wolves distancing themselves but I doubt that they'd both then make guesses.

Doris, Isla, Brendan all seem more villagery than not.

I'm not a fan of no voters but Oisin and Henry both made some contributions. Angus and Orla I've no real read on so will probably vote there.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

I think I might have figured the puzzle out

When the Romans counted the entirety of their whole army, their sum was greater than the value of this.

Rewrite this as

When the Romans people who use letters as numbers counted the entirety of (their whole army), their sum was greater than the value of this.

So, assign a number to each letter in the phrase “their whole army” based on a 1-26 system, sum all those numbers up, then subtract 1 to get this

Haven’t worked out what it gives us yet though

it could be that a legion is their whole army which = 6000 and if this =56

answer could be 6000 -56 =5944

If we learn anything today it’ll be that the no lynchers aren’t the smartest bunch.
    # #no vote
    ##no vote
    ##novote WW
    # # novote
    # #no lynch
    ##nolynch WW
    ##no lynch
    # # nolynch

Read the rules and follow suit!!

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 3,760 ✭✭✭Angus WW

If we learn anything today it’ll be that the no lynchers aren’t the smartest bunch.
    # #no vote
    ##no vote
    ##novote WW
    # # novote
    # #no lynch
    ##nolynch WW
    ##no lynch
    # # nolynch

Jesus mate, it looks like you’re trying to get lynched tbh

# #no vote
    ##no vote
    ##novote WW
    # # novote
    # #no lynch
    ##nolynch WW
    ##no lynch
    # # nolynch

What are you on about willis

Can we get a voting update plz mods with no votes included. Interested see how many are valid.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Doris WW

Lads, no lynch is a terrible idea for first play. We need info on the board and no lynch gives us nothing!

Do the bad team even know if they are wolves?

Ah yes there will be a munxh. So yes

• Registered Users Posts: 20,355 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Day 1: Automated Votals from #0 to #31

Angus WW (1): Tegan WW
    Henry WW (1): Barbara WW
    No Lynch (4): Oisin WW, Henry WW, Angus WW, Orla WW
    Patrick WW (3): Conor WW, Gertrude WW, Riona WW
    Conor WW (5): Gabriel WW, Patrick WW, Doris WW, Phil WW, Nigel WW
    Phil WW (2): Clodagh WW, Liam WW
    Nigel WW (1): Derry WW
    Liam WW (1): Brendan WW
    Not voting (3): Emily WW, Isla WW, Lucy WW

Phase ends in 0h22m. .

No lynch keeps our village numbers up most likely as its a higher % chance we will lynch a villager over a wolf day. Village numbers are one of our strongest weapons against the wolfs.

Its also protects our power roles from getting outed and they are often the ones who often gain the info needed to win games.

• Forum Games Player Posts: 1,645 ✭✭✭Patrick WW

If we no lynch the wolf kill will be the first kill in the morning so advantage wolves.

• Advertisement
  • Forum Games Player Posts: 4,722 ✭✭✭Derry WW

Patrick WW wrote: »
    If we no lynch the wolf kill will be the first kill in the morning so advantage wolves.

True. But if we lynch a villager and the wolves will obviously munch a villager. Then it's real advantage wolves.
    But, I don't like no lynch votes,

Advertisement